Thread: Has anyone done any air travel en femm??

Has anyone done any air travel en femm??

I am just wondering how does one fly en femm??
    How does TSA treat you??
    Any difference flying International??
    Customs can be a pain anytime any advice would be welcome

Leann

Hi Leann,

I haven't flown en femme but others here have. If you search the site for "flying pretty" you might find some answers to your questions.

Elizabeth

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep there are a lot of members here that "fly pretty" as they call it.
    There are pages and pages of threads about it.

Hi LeannS,
    yes I've been flying en femme twice with no problem at all. I also picked up my rental car en femme and dropped it off en femme. You may see my treat here, I also took a ferry from Seattle en femme.:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ain&highlight=

and here:
    https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...mme&highlight=

If you have any questions, just send a PN

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Google transgender passenger and the TSA page will pop up. A lot of good info

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    The TSA agent in Las Vegas was fantastic She asked, "What show are you in, Hon?" when my boobies showed up on x-ray.

In DC, not so good. An agent decided to pull out my breast forms and test for explosives backing the line up and pissing people off as she held them up in the air and moved as slow as possible.
    I think she was probably mad because she had to work instead of sitting on her ass all day on welfare.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 06-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Just so happens I flew in Australia from Canberra to Brisbane today dressed. Really uneventful as all previous flights have been.

You asked about flying femme internationally. After 4 glorious femme days in Dallas, I flew Dallas to Sydney and on to Canberra 2 months ago. Wonderful experience and treated beautifully all the way. TSA was very courteous as were immigration at both ends. It did take me some planning and worrying about my male passport but in the end it was totally easy.

Highly recommended but it helps to be very confident being seen as a man in a dress.

As to Carla's experience, if anything like that might happen ask for a private room.

Leann,

I was flying several times a month for several years, now working from home, and never had an issue. If one particular TSA agent was working on my return flight, I would always go through her line. She would send me through the fast lane if she was working the beginning of the queue.

Just make sure that your name on your ID matches your ticket. I doubt you will have any issues flying out of any of the larger US airports. They have seen it all. Never flown internationally, but it would be fun.

thank you all so very much for the useful information

I have flown twice, once a few years ago to and from Vegas and last August to and from Kansas City for a wedding, all as allie and zero problems. Go for it and read some of the previous "Flying Pretty" threads, and follow the recommendations. Own it and live it so you can enjoy it!

Flying dressed is the easy part, but figuring out what to wear / pack is the hardest thing.

I always over dress it seems but I feel good so that's all that matters

I flew this week from IAH to LAX and then onto SFO no issues, I only got misgendered once and that was at the hotel because my rewards points account......got to remind myself to fix that

Airports seem to be so diverse anymore that we just blend in with the walls pretty much.....besides that people have a million other things on their mind, just do it and have fun
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

I have flown a couple of times now and have not had any issues at all.

Since my time as Melissa is always limited, I have found a flying to be a great way to spend the day out and about.

You can read about my first time flying here:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ghlight=flying
    The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. It is twice as large as it needs to be.

Millie

Thank you for sharing

Leann

I just few into Dallas from Germany last Saturday. I was in my half and half mode/dress as I don't do the full femme most of the time. No problems what so ever. Of course, if I had been wearing a wig and breast forms it may be a bit more difficult, but for me it was a very obvious I was just a male wearing a skirt and heels.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    In DC, not so good...I think she was probably mad because she had to work instead of sitting on her ass all day on welfare.
    You are right. The TSA goons at DCA are the worst! A bad combination of lazy and brutal. They are not shy about saying so, either. I have the scars (in drab) to prove it.

Carla:

if they pulled your forms out of your carryon, not much you can do,about it. if the had you remove a form from your bra and hand it over, they crossed a line with their own rules and you should have taken names and filed a report with their Inspector General. TSA are in complete charge when you need to get past to get to your flight. Nevertheless, you can extract an ounce of revenge by making a thoughtful and detailed report of wrongdoing. Oh, and cc your Senator and Congressman, and the airport manager. There's a big push underway now to privatize TSA. Airports that already run the screening process themselves are getting a good reputation for speed and good customer care.

On a related note, my greatest fear flying pretty (which I've done a few times) is falling asleep. I snore like a freight train and would definitely be perceived as un-ladylike.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I fly as Richelle several times a year. So far this year Boston, Houston and Shanghai CN. I have never had an issue and find that I am more outgoing an friendly to my fellow travelers. I have gone through US Customs and Immigration at JFK and LAX as Richelle without an issue. Same for UK and China.

Richelle

Ok just another flying update, on my return trip from SFO to DFW and then on into IAH.

On the first leg of the trip I forgot to mention that I set off the metal detector three times, it was a combination of too much jewelry and my shoes. (but no one wanted to grab my boobs or crotch to investigate further)

Thinking I would learn from the first trip, I wore different shoes........but not much less jewelry................and as luck would have it I set off the alarms at SFO but again no one wanted to play grab ass there either. Possibly the TSA has gotten better or I am just not sexy enough for them.

Flying dressed maybe be the most fun you ever have, of course it was just another Lauri day for me since I am trying to keep my scars covered that was my only worry.

Go flying and be yourself !
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

I have flown as a man in a skirt/dress a few times in the US. Once, the X-Ray saw something near my upper leg. TSA politely said they needed to search me and asked if I wanted a man or woman to search me. I said man. He felt my upper legs and I was on my way. They were very professional.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

A couple cautions:
    * When I walked through the concourse at one airport on my first flight in a skirt, I walked past at least one or two thousand people. Many looked at me. It was tough. I survived and I flew again in a skirt and it was easier.
    * Once while at a destination, while I was at the luggage collection area, I happened upon a couple friends who happened to be arriving at that airport. Fortunately, I was not dressed pretty on that flight.

Here are my blog posts about my flying adventures:
    https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2012...rt-on-a-plane/
    https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2012...omens-clothes/
    https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2014...ng-in-a-skirt/
    https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2015...rt-on-a-plane/
    https://joeypress.wordpress.com/2015...-two-day-trip/
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Thank you for all of the input it is very welcome and now it is my turn to do this

Thanks again

Leann