Thread: Goals achieved in 2017

Goals achieved in 2017

So earlier in the year I responded to a question that asked about goals we wanted to achieve in 2017. I think its time we had a review.

One of mine was to try on a dress while out dressed. I'd previously shopped as Lucy for shoes and had tried on a dress (quickly for size) while in Bob mode but this was a bigger deal as it involved taking things off and risked upsetting wigs and showing off forms etc. I though i'd share how I got on.

A couple of weeks ago I had to travel away from home for a conference and thought I'd do so as Lucy. I had a five hour drive so thought I'd break midway for coffee and do some shopping. I stopped at a nice out of town location not far off a motorway and visited a couple of shops to buy some new eye make-up and have a look around before having a drink. It was then time to try on something new. I was wearing a lovely linen dress and some flat sandals with a little bolero cardigan so didn't feel it would be as bad as pulling off tight jeans but was still slightly nervous, the things we fuss about. Anyway I went to a UK store called Phase 8 which has a very nice selection of pretty dresses and looked around slowly considering what would work well on me. I decided on 3 dresses and picked them off the racks. A very helpful sales assistant asked me if I'd like them putting in the changing room and took them from me while I checked a few more things but then I went back to try them on. Well the sky didn't come crashing down and I was able to admire the clothes with the benefit of seeing the fit and colours against my skin tone. Interestingly I bought the one that was my second favorite prior to trying them on. As I paid the lovely assistant asked me if I was buying the dress for a special occasion, I think she though I was attending a wedding. (2018 maybe).

So have any of you ticked off goals already and have stories to share.

Lucy

Banned Read only
    Lucy,
    So glad it went well. most SAs these days are OK about CDres. It would be interesting to know how much of the female market we fill now .

Sometimes things on the racks don't look good but when we try them on they really work and others we hope will work just fail completely, that's the part I enjoy now, finding the accessories to make something work.

Ticking off boxes, have to say this year there are several. The move to a new and bigger hotel, was quite a learning curve, checking in dressed, changing into a strapless dress, with no bra for the evening party and walking from the room to our function room through a busy hotel, and then having breakfast dressed in a busy dining room.

Driving through a busy town to attend a LGBTG pride week in a college dressed and meeting a range of age groups.

As you say the sky hasn't fallen in yet no one is giving a hard time . That closet only opened just over a year ago but it feels like a lifetime .

2017 has been a year of growth for me also. I started attending a local church and started interacting with the "muggles". I've been to the supermarket dressed and later this year I am going on a church bus trip to see Jonah at the Sight and Sound in Lancaster Pa and have dinner at a restaurant there with the group.
    My confidence and comfort has grown immeasurably in the last few months.

Swimming at my public pools in my one piece (ticked - probably swam 20KM there)
    Swimming at a popular beach in a bikini (ticked)
    Going out fully dressed, but without make up or a wig (ie grown my hair - ticked)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Bought a wig. That's when Rachel arrived.

Shopping at a MAC counter(June 19) Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Looking for a job..
    Had an interview and they said they me want for a call back as I exited the interview

This year I've gone out to CD friendly clubs and have met with more CDs in person while dressed. Also, I might try going out of town for a few days and going out dressed too

Just going out was my goal.
    i actually achieved it and went to Wildside in Vegas
    It was the most amazing time!
    Can't wait to have my second venture out

My huge achieved goal this year was to finally join the forum after lurking for a few years. I have been overwhelmed by the support available here and have made a couple of close friends I can talk to about anything. I always knew I wasn't alone in this but being able to share with others who have gone through the same trials and tribulations has has been affirming and reduced a lot of my stress about my crossdressing.

I'm done almost everything when dressed.This year, I took the ferry from Dover to Calais with my car fully dressed (see treat). I walked around the complete ferry and it felt wonderful. I had a great time with no issues and probably very few looks.

I would like to go out and have a glass of wine at a TG friendly place. Would love to try a swimsuit at the beach but could never do it by myself. Also would like to have a makeover or work with an expert makeup person for some tips. If I could do this and the wine night I would be very happy.

So far this year, I've gone out twice for dinner dressed, one time grocery shopping, and even wore a dress to work one day.

I had a makeover that provided some much needed guidance about contouring...I had so much fun and learned some helpful makeup tips. But, overall, I do my makeup better than my friend at the wig boutique!...LOL Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

My goals were 5 (hour marathon), 70 (triathlon score), and 175 (pounds).

I did the marathon in 4:57, so a check for the first goal.

My last triathlon I scored a 68.9 (scale is relative to 100), my best ever, but still not a 70. I have qualified for the USAT age group nationals in Omaha (Peyton Manning's favorite city) in August, so I am shooting I do it then (an as long as I am out of town, I might as well go out dressed, although I'm not suited for dressing in the heat).

I got down to 172 (from 190 at the beginning of the year), but have bounced back up to 178. New target is 165 for the August tri (and going out). Still hope to squeeze into a size 12 (14 currently).

Covered a few of mine here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...olution-Part-2

In all situations they knew who I was and what I do.

Worked on the neck up:
    • Visited a wig shop 3 times - bought 2 wigs - went in drab - once in drab but with makeup.
    • Had a makeover/makeup instruction in a beauty salon - went in drab - about 18 GGs were there.
    • Bought 2 blouses in a womens' clothing store. Used the change rooms to try them on - went in drab.
    • Had a second makeover/makeup instruction session in a beauty salon - went en femme - skirt, blouse, stockings, 3" wedges.
    • After makeup instruction went to one of the busier malls and strolled through to see if I would pass. For the most part yes I did - went en femme of course.

I've been emailing with the beauty salon that gave me my makeovers and makeup instruction telling them how much I enjoyed being with them and how much they helped. They're going to give me a free makeup session just so we can see each other again. How cool is that? When I go back I will be en femme. This group is so very supportive and encouraging. I'm welcomed in as female. I mingle with what ever GGs are there at the time. They are totally welcoming.

It's been super so far. Really pushing the envelope and everything has been really positive.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 06-11-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Looking for a job..
    Had an interview and they said they me want for a call back as I exited the interview
    I called yesterday about some problems I was having logging on to the online assessment/test. The person on the other end detected a note of frustration in my voice. She was looking over the notes from the walk in interview and strongly encouraged me to make this happen!
    Oh yea, BTW, I wore this dress with nude pumps to the open interview

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    I called yesterday about some problems I was having logging on to the online assessment/test. The person on the other end detected a note of frustration in my voice. She was looking over the notes from the walk in interview and strongly encouraged me to make this happen!
    Oh yea, BTW, I wore this dress with nude pumps to the open interview
    I guess I must have done poorly on the computerized test. I got an e-mail saying they were not "moving forward" at this point. However, this is not the only job in town I guess, so the goal of finding a job as the real me is still in play...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I know they say if you don't have a destination in mind it doesn't matter where you go. So I guess I'm treading water on the CD side of things while I'm waiting for my son and his daughters to find their own place to live. He knows about my CD side but isn't ready to share that with his children, and I'll honor his wishes on that. He's making progress and the move is getting closer but may still be a few more months. Then I'm back to dressing a lot more often around the house.

Despite that I did tick off a few things that should be on a list somewhere. I went to a Cirque Du Soliel show in Las Vegas (LOVE), got locked out of my hotel room and had to go to the desk as Sarah to work things out and had to stand in a lengthy restroom line that included a mom and her young daughter and had no issues. Maybe I'm going to add telling more old friends to the to-do list, but I've found that things happen when they need to happen and forcing them sometimes leads to other problems.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.