Thread: A Matter Of Perspective

A Matter Of Perspective

Not sure how to word this. Not sure about an appropriate topic. Starting in April 2004 I joined a Tri Ess chapter in Atlanta, Sigma Epsilon. After being a member for awhile I came to a conclusion. Crossdressers that have an accepting / supportive wife are sort of in a better position when it comes to their wardrobe than a crossdresser that is single. They have a safety valve so to speak to keep them in check from going too far - the wife. Me, no such safety valve. I have a fairly large walkin closet with maybe half a dozen men's clothes, shirts and pants. The rest of the closet is filled with an entire feminine wardrobe. It consists of skirt suits / outfits, some individual skirts, blouses, tops, 20+ shoes, 10+ wigs. The front bedroom closet consists of 20+ dresses. If I had been married and had an accepting / supportive wife I doubt seriously that I would have the wardrobe that I have now. To give you an idea of the size of the wardrobe I counted how many outfits I could put together. While I was a member of Sigma Epsilon I would spend all day Friday and Saturday meeting weekend completely en femme. I allowed 2 outfits for each day (1 to wear during the day and 1 to change into for dinner; 4 outfits for an entire meeting weekend). I could go about 39 months before I had worn each and every outfit. This does not include going out other times of the month besides the monthly Sigma Epsilon meeting weekend (Friday and Saturay). My daughter has seen what I have and has said I have too many clothes.

I have a supporting wife and the only break it puts on my spending is that we share finances so we have an extra set of bills to pay. To be honest about 1/4-1/3 of my wardrobe is directly attributable to my wife (either gifts or her telling me to buy something I otherwise would have passed on). So anecdotally, no having a supportive wife has not slowed my wardrobe acquisition.

My SO (might as well be married) would never tell me not to buy something I wanted enough to spend the money on. No that's not a she wouldn't dare its she knows I work my rear off and if I want it I should have it. Be it a skirt a dress a car or parts for a car. So no not relevant here either.

I have a supporting GF and I am running out of room for most of my feminine clothes. She has helped me put some things together that are awesome outfits to go to dinner or more formal outings. She tells me when my makeup looks right and we help each other on clothes adjusting.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    What you buy is not related to having a wife. It is your believing in yourself. What you might spend money on it would be different for others. I had a large collection of fem clothes before I was married. Had a large wardrobe since. The key is that I was making a good income and had money to spend. Buying a new dress or whatever hasn't been a major issue for us for many years.

Support helps, but it isn't a solution.

I have a wife that actively *wants* me to dress female. You, my dear, need to come to grips with your own wants. You clearly want to be/look female. Just embrace it, anything less is poison.

I dress better than she does, honestly... as do most of us. I just wish I could get that GD embroidered top back after she 'borrowed' it.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

While I have my own, I also have another 50% from my wife and 50% from my daughters.
    But then, with wife and 4 daughters, who has money?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My SO knows but doesn't accept it but that doesn't stop me from getting things I desire.

My SO knows but does not accept. Having an accepting and supportive wife would be great.

Heather, I don't think you have too many clothes. I appears you have an active and "out" social life. Good for you.!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm single and have several closets full of my (womens) clothes.
    Drawers of guy stuff and girls stuff and if you went thru my closets it would appear that a married couple lived here.

Banned Read only
    Heather,
    I understand what you are saying, I try and look at it from a woman's perspective and recycle clothes with different tops or if it's a dress different accessories . Storage space does offer some restrictions as does a limited budget. I'll be perfectly happy to wear the same dress for the Xmas party because I liked it so much.

My wife isn't on board but it doesn't alter my shopping needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    While I have my own, I also have another 50% from my wife and 50% from my daughters.
    But then, with wife and 4 daughters, who has money?
    Four daughters!? I only have 1 daughter and a wife and I still have no money lol

I'm single and semi-retired and have no money! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Sounds to me you just need to get out more make more friends. To many clothes, not possible. Running out of room in your closet, now that's a problem.