Thread: 1st week back and Dallas and already trouble

1st week back and Dallas and already trouble

I arrived in Dallas last Saturday after spending about the last 7 months in Germany. Last Monday after work the wife and I went to BJ's in Addison to eat a pizza and drink some beer. I think BJ's has some great pizza and also they brew some great beer as well. We were sitting in a booth in the bar area when about 5 college aged guys come in and took a table across from us. They must not have noticed I was wearing a skirt and pumps until I get up to use the restroom. When walking back to my table I noticed they all had turned around to look at me. I just made simple eye contact with a few of them and smiled a bit and than sat down at my table. The wife leaned across the table and whispered that the entire time I was in the restroom they were joking with each other about which restroom I was going to use and if I always had to seat down to pee. I just laughed and told her that it didn't bother me at all. A few minutes latter one of the guys asked my wife why someone as nice as her was drinking a beer with an old faggot. I immediately turned around and looked him in the eye and asked "what did you ask my wife?" he repeated it much to my astonishment. They all laughed when he said it. Well.. that pissed me off. So I stood up and walked over to him and in a nice calm voice asked him if he had ever had his ass kicked by an "old Faggot"? My wife jumped up and got in between us the two of us and grabbed me by the arms pretending to hold me back. She said (very convincing like) "Honey, please don't! Remember the last two guys you put in the hospital filed charges against you" I replied "that it's ok, we're all cool here" I looked at the guy "aren't we?" Poor kid looked like he just stained his underwear as he just nodded yes. We didn't hear much from them after that. One of the guys walked by later on their way out and apologized to my wife and I for his friends behavior. Not sure if it was sincere since he was one of the ones laughing with the others but I told him thank you anyway. Later my wife and I were just laughing about the whole thing. She told me she saved my cute ass. The restaurant manager come up an offered his apologies as well Seemed like the bartender had heard it all and was ready to jump to my defense if necessary. The manager asked if they could pick up our tab for the inconvenience. I told him it won't be necessary but he could buy us another beer.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Its amazing how stupid people are, I mean why should they care how your dressed, your not hurting them clothes are just something to cover up with.
    So glad it ended well.
    Rachael

quick thinking on your wife's part...reminds me of what a couple might say if they thought or heard someone breaking into their home...one yells out loudly "I'll get the shot gun and you call the police" .

Martha, great story. Your reaction is like mine when I get called out, because of the clothing I wear. You and your wife make a great pair and I applaud you both. Did she know before hand to say that about putting guys in the Hospital ? Either way, that is a hoot.

Although these incidents of people behaving poorly are indeed rare, I must say that the rate of incidence has been climbing for about 7 months or so now across the SE region of the US as I read about them more often.

In particular TX has been getting worse by the day due to all the conservative politics, that people feel emboldened to be rude without being held accountable for their actions.

I am so glad that it all ended without incident or worse yet fist flying and law enforcement.

Again I must say these incidents like you described here are rare but should serve as reminder to keep you radar on at all times.

Usually if you are near tall buildings in TX you are fine, but when you enter into rural towns that have more churches than gas stations it's best keep on driving through.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Sorry to hear that this happened to you and your wife. It shows that things aren't changing as much as we would like them to and that all of the "Just get out there" stories because no one cares aren't entirely true at all times. a cautionary tale is always good.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Tough situation. Sadly transphobia is very much alive and well in Texas.

Great story and what a great wife

Glad there was no violence! Praise for your quick thinking wife! Seems good that you had back up from the bar tender and manager! All's well that ends well! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Martha, Great response to their stupidity. Hurrah to your wife as well for her watching your back.

I hope his skivvies were stained. Maybe it'll make him think before opening his mouth. Then again you can't fix stupid and alcohol obliviously didn't make him smarter.

Lastly, did they really think you were just going to sit there and take their comments with no reaction!?!? From your avatar you appear to be somebody in very good shape who wouldn't take guff from anyone. Like I said before, you can't fix stupid.

Well lets see.....college kids and a place that serves beer.........Not a good combination. But nevertheless you have a right to go anywhere you want without being intimidated or bothered by such boorish idiots. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the situation without any violence taking place.

I'm not defending Texas but it could happen anywhere. We can find rudeness n college drinking all over the country. I don't like the comment about more churches than gas stations either, it isn't about a persons religion, or amount of churches this whole CD thing is affected because of people not understanding that every one is not the same. I'm a very conservative person but enjoy my dressing and relaxing. If you read on here there are instances of this happening from the US to the UK. Just my two cents.

Sorry you had the run in with those who think they are "gods gift to humanity". The BJ's staff is good about holding our end up. I dine at one in Little Rock occasionally and have never had any problems.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Martha, I'm glad everything worked out all rite. Your wife is a real trouper!

Your post is a good reminder why I, and other's like me, r not well suited to handle difficulties when out alone in vanilla venues. I may have acted like u did and don't have a smart SO to save me.

Fortunately, I'm just a CD. I don't need or want the dramas that occur amongst Muggles on their home turf. In drab, no one ever hassles or even notices me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm going to have to remember to use your wife's comment the next time someone starts on my husband while he's dressed. I could never have thought that up on my own.

Gold Member
    You handled it very well, and your wife gets 10 extra points as well.
    Hope you never have that happen again.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did the right thing you called him out.
    Kudos to your wife she is one smart lady.
    The one thing about calling a person out is how you call them out that makes all the difference in the world.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Wow, you have a very cool wife.

But then you already know that...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Oh, you poor girl, you actually think BJ's has good pizza. Hold onto that thought, because if you spend any time in New York City and get used to the pizza up here, you'll spend a lifetime of regret not being able to get it when you move out of the area. They do say that ignorance is bliss, though, so enjoy the pizza you have down there. I've had BJ's pizza, it's decent. So is Costco's. But it's sort of, well, like having a steak at a diner, vs at a fine steakhouse. The first is palatable; the latter is heavenly. Whenever I leave the area for any length of time, pizza is what I miss the most. For some bizarre reason, none of the chains are able to duplicate the type of pizza that we have around Manhattan and the surrounding parts of NYC.

On the poor dining experience, I'm glad everything worked out ok. I admire your courage, going out dressed like that. I wouldn't have been able to calmly confront people like that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I was young we NEVER made rude comments or said anything out of line to our elders. Just good manners.

Well done. There are assholes allover.
    Angie

Martha, I'm sorry about the confrontation. Sounds like your wife has a great head on her shoulders.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Oh, sometimes_miss how do I miss New York City prepared pizza. I grew up on pizza by the slice as far back as a slice for fifteen cents and a Coke for ten cents. Pizza served as a family meal in the Italian section of the Bronx...oh the fond memories. Yep, I've yet to find pizza like New York City pizza from a family own pizza parlor available anywhere. Even family owned and operated Italian pizza parlors/restaurants in upstate New York have the secret "recipes." Even my adult children fondly remember the pizza from their trips as young kids. Chain pizza out here is total garbage. Yuck! It's still a culinary wasteland when it comes to pizza. And, please do not get me started on Italian ices shaved from a container in the freezer case. Oh, I totally depressed now.

Back to the OP. You and your wife handled it well. I had a deleted a post the other day in response which was not too favorable to the southeast portion of the United States and Texas. I have found bigots feel empowered to spit forth their venom because of the current climate. Yes, beer and young males are a bad combination. It's group dynamics. It takes some courage to be the lone sensible person sometimes in a group setting to call bad actors out. Nobody should sit silent and let dispersion upon anyone go unchallenged.