Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I being tested?

Am I being tested?

When I came home today my wife called me into the living room where she was holding a large plastic bag.
    She then proceeded to empty the contents onto the sofa.
    It was a large quantity of bras, girdles, all-in-one briefers.

At first I thought she found part of my stash I may have forgotten about.

She went on to say "can you believe my mother want me to donate her underwear to the VETS?"

Well she put everything back into bag and in the barrel outside.

Wow vintage Girdles, is she testing me to see if I grab them out of the trash? OMG LOL

I think they were sprinkled with Pink-Fog!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-10-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I hope you grabbed the bag..Someone can use them.

Judy I wouldn't know what to do. Maybe tell her you'll take them to the mission in town n then stash them with your other stash..... Dang I guess it's a good problem to have. Either way it's a hard decision to make.... Might be better to just forget about and act like you don't care. ( just don't let her throw them away) or at least see you getting them out of the trash later... Lol good luck.

Just reading that story triggers the pink fog. I couldn't blame you a bit for keeping the bag.

Possibly, but this also is a normal occurrence in marriages. You have said you have quit, for months now, so yeah I can see this as a test to what you have told her. Doesn't mean that it is, but it might be. I will say though if she gets into the business of taunting you that's way wrong. I would think if you were trying to quit she would make it easier, not harder for you. NOT THAT I am associating CDing with drinking, but.... when it comes to the quitting part, imagine a guy quitting alcohol, and his wife comes home with a whole bunch of bottles of alcohol and says look at all of this stuff that I have to give away. That's truly mean spirited, at least to me it would be. So, if she is "testing you" it is being done in a very mean and vindictive way.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Not that I want to wear my mother in-law's girdles (or do I) but most of you know that vintage girdles are worth quite a bit on eBay.
    I would say the lot is worth at least $150.

This is Bad! Now I'm thinking I have to keep the animals away from the trash for three days.
    Why are the girdles sprinkled with Pink-Fog?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    If you still have enough of your own things I wouldn't go near them ! I suspect she is testing you otherwise why would she empty the bag in front of you,she would have put them straight in the bin, you can bet your life she will check the bin before it's collected.

OK if you want to start to make a stand then find some other way and don't get into a fight over your mother in law's underwear it isn't worth it, if you do she may not ever let it go and use it to continually ridicule you.

Sorry to me they aren't sprinkled with pink-fog dust ,they are more sprinkled with trouble ! After your last comments about you wife being the strong one and no walk over, I think she has it in her to set you a trap. If this is the case and the way things are going to be then you really have got to do something to change it , like I said before I don't think she is going to let it go until she has it all her own way.
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-10-2017 at 07:14 PM.

TRAP! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Trap perhaps are familiar enough with your sory however maybe if it isna test turn it into.an opportunity? Simply explain that you taking those items in means you don't have to go but them new.someplace.else!? Just a thought.

Used underwear = bad

Used mother-in-law's underwear = worse

From there, in the immortal words of Admiral Akbar, "It's a TRAP"!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I'm not saying it's a trap, but....

itsatrap.jpg
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Judy. It is a trap. Don't fall in. It is a trap. so don't go get those girdles. Or you will regret it. .
    Part Time Girl

It smells like a trap. It also smells like a rather dysfunctional relationship. How you deal with this is your business, but my suggestion is that you do deal with it, somehow.
    If it were me, I'd rescue the garments, with the intention of putting them on ebay, or just donating them to a suitable charity thrift, but... I'd also put in their place a note. Something along the lines of, "So what, exactly, were you hoping to prove with this manipulative stunt? BTW, I've rescued the clothes you pretended to throw away. I intend see that they are put to good use", intentionally leaving out any specifics of what that use might be. But that's just me. I don't like being manipulated and will give as good as I get in such games.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She planned that so don't take any of the items.
    Women don't go to the bathroom with out a plan so I'm sure its a trap.
    Look its obvious she thinks you are stupid, she doesn't care about you and she is looking for a way to get rid of you so give up dressing and screw up her well laid plans.
    I would be the biggest thorn in her side but thats just me I hate being screwed with like that @ yes I have been thru two bad marriages so I know how far women will go.

I can't believe not one member has asked for the address....

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Donate to the vets.

Definitely a trap. I would avoid it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think it is a trap and test. I agree with Tracii G's view. It is part of a plan. You might want to foil her. Take them out of the trash, and then, with her in tow, take them to the Vets donation site and donate. You are honoring your mother in law's wishes which your wife was not willing to do.

Well for &150, I say E-bay! Then take that money and buy something new!
    Knowing what they were worth on E-Bay, as she was taking them to the trash, I'd have been like "What are you doing?!?! Do you know what we could get for that on E-Bay?!?!?!" IDK how you feel about such things, but I could follow up with, "you know I'm not after it for myself 'cause I don't do used underwear." (but I have a rep for being finicky) OR you could follow up with something about it being creepy wearing underwear from family.
    Now that they've made it to the trash though, go get it out, list it on e-bay, (and maybe keep one or two little items for yourself first. I'm sure she didn't inventory the bag) and say "hey! I just found out we can make $100 E-bay'n this stuff!"

There is no way this isn't a trap Judy. Your so would not have made such a production out of emptying the bag in front of you if it wasn't. Also, (I'm assuming your mother in law recently passed), why would the bag just contain bras, girdles and panties? Was your mother-in law specific enough to donate only her delicates and not all of her clothes, shoes etc? Why the distinction? Seems highly unlikely to me that she would have been that specific in her wishes.
    My guess is that at some time in the past, you have mentioned your affinity for vintage lingerie, girdles etc. and this seems like a very mean spirited, manipulative attempt to exploit those interests. I would also guess that she intends to monitor the trash in some way (perhaps a nosy neighbor, being home or secretly coming home prior to it being collected etc.) Don't fall for it, you'll regret it.
    There is also the ick factor to be considered. I love vintage lingerie as much as the next person but I would never and could never wear second hand intimates and the fact that they are your mother-in-laws is far more than most would be prepared to understand. I could no more wear my mother-in-laws intimates as fly to the moon, and I love vintage lingerie. Most would view that as untoward at the very least. I also think that you may want to rethink the whole E-Bay thing. I can't imagine that $150 is that important to anyone, certainly not compared to the inevitable fallout and risk to follow. Some things are just not worth it.
    Lastly, the pink fog as we all know, is not necessarily a good thing. It's called a fog for a reason. We don't always make the most rational choices when we are under the influence in my opinion. We've all been there. Leave it alone, your downside is much starker than any perceived benefit to either you as a whole or most certainly, your relationship. Just my .02...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Hi Judy

You might want to be use a plan of your own. Suggest that when you are both out together the bag can be dropped of at the vets.

However you may want to suggest that vintage clothing is worth money on ebay and see what she says.

It may give you more leverage in debate if she knows you are not tempted to just take the clothes.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

It most certainly is a trap. She took the time to dump the bag in front of you instead of just putting it right into the trash. Trap or not, I would most certainly be pulling the bag out of the trash area. money is money and if you don't want any of it for yourself I would certainly sell it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Judy, your post made me laugh my ass off. What a cloak and dagger marriage you have. It's a trap! She knows you cross dress. You know she knows you cross dress. Keep the drama going. Go out there and retrieve said articles of vintage clothing. Piss her off more. It really cannot get any worse....or can it?

Why don't you post the location of your trash can on Craig's list with a description of the contents? I'm sure there will be cross dressers knocking on your door looking to see if he or she was the first there. Let your wife answer the door. Smile as she blows a fuse. This is too much for a Sunday morning.

PS: Before my wife and I entered our three decades long DADT she accused me retrieving a nightgown from the garbage. Heck, she was a 34B and I'm a 42C. It wouldn't fit. And, I'm way past retrieving panties from the laundry hamper.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 06-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Ah-May-Lee
    I was walking down the street when I looked into an alley and saw a polka dot bra. It had a string tied to it so I thought it was a trap,, but,, but,, it was polka dot.

See if your wife tied a string to the bag, that will be a sign it is a trap.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

It may just well be time for testing your wife!
    You! need to stop this.

That's what I'm doing!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"