Thread: Amazing Experience! Went out for the first time and came out to friends

Amazing Experience! Went out for the first time and came out to friends

So this past weekend I took the plunge and did a few things at once. I went out for the first time and I came out to a friend. So starting from the top one of the other girls on here came up with the idea of going to pride fest this year (Thanks Paula2) and I finally got the courage to go out. That being said only my wife and one of my other friends new about Jess and the one friend had never seen Jess before. So the day came and I felt truly confident with the encouragement of both Paula and my one friend and support of my wonderful wife. I got to truly introduce myself to a great friend who new that I did this and my wife and I went with him to the fair grounds for a full day dressed!! Wow what a trip that was. While there we met up with one of our other friends who knew nothing about Jess and she was incredibly sweet. She said the only things that bummed her out was (1) I didn't say something sooner and (2) she though my style was better than hers that day. It was both flattering and so reassuring of how I looked and made me so appreciative of my friends. She also said we have to go shopping together soon. (O darn wouldn't want that lol. That was exciting in itself) We got to talk and I got to express another side of myself and it felt so liberating! I got to open up to them both and feel we are so much closer as friends. Its so nice not to feel like I am hiding something. I also got to meet up with Paula from here on the forums for the first time dressed which really was great. It so awesome to have a friend from on here to talk too and have as a support system/help each other. Really couldn't have asked for a better day. We got to enjoy the beautiful day, see some great performers, and I got to enjoy expressing myself with people I care about a lot. I really want to thank them all including Paula who gave me the encouragement I needed to step out (couldn't have done it without you). My friends for supporting me for who I am and my incredible wife for being my rock. I will always remember it!

All the Best,
    Jess

Sounds like you had a very eventful weekend. Enjoy the time and the memories. .

It sounds like you had a perfect day. I wish you many more.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

It's great that everything went so well. Coming-out to someone is nervewracking (& possibly risky) so it's good that you have such supportive friends.
    Congratulations on the amazing progress you have made.
    Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Jessica, Sounds like a great time. I imagine it was nerve racking until you found acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks! Yes I was supper nervous when I was meeting up with everyone. It set in pretty hard when I was in the car to go there but everyone at the event was really nice. Plus my friend said there is no way you are turning around now and he and my wife reassured me some more on the way there. When I got carded for drinks at the event I even got a great compliment / surprise from person working when they looked at my ID picture vs me. It was cool when he looked at it and said well someone is looking beautiful today. Definitely an ego boost which helped me a be a bit more calm when I we met up with our other friend who didn't know about me. She didn't realize who I was at first when we walked up to her and when she did was very chill about it. I think it was a great event to go to because of the wonderful people there plus being surrounded by supportive friends. If I had just gone out elsewhere I doubt people would have been as nice.

That is great, Jess! It sounds like you had a lot of fun

"We got to talk and I got to express another side of myself and it felt so liberating! I got to open up to them both and feel we are so much closer as friends."
    There it is. The social dynamic between women, or for women, is very different than that which we are used to as males. I'm certainly no expert on why that is, and I'd be hard pressed to put my finger on specifics, but I know that it's one of the biggest reasons I enjoy going out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Jess you now understand if you don't take that first step out the door its no ones fault but your own.
    Its hard and very scary sure we all know that but if you want it bad enough you will take that leap of faith.

Thanks for sharing Jess, sounds like you had a great time, bitten by the bug now!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Kelly You are definitely right on that. The dynamic is so different. I really just enjoyed not having to feel like I was hiding part of who I am with my friends. I think that in itself made the day great and opened the path for a better connection with my friends.

Aspiring Member
    bravo Jessica you go girl