Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Your SO Doesn't Like Your Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    So, one step further. I have a god-son who was my god-daughter. She was an absolutely beautiful girl! She started taking male hormones when she was in her early 20's. Two years ago, he saved up enough money to have his breasts removed. 2017 he had a total hysterectomy (he is now in his late 20's) and had insurance. (Haven't heard of any further surgery at this point). He has a full on beard, tattoos, looks very much a male at this point. He is a super nice and very good looking guy! But he struggles finding a girlfriend because at that age, any potential girl looking at life would see a partner who is really a nice person but doesn't have the equipment of a male. Potential girl would be looking a adopting or other methods to have children. If someone could see past that, he may find the love of his life.
    This is the reality of F to M transition. The common ground that all of the alphabet kids share is that we are not what others expect us to be. I suspect that you can see that in your family. However,a crossdresser is unlikely to transition..

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    My wife also approves, to the point that when she wants me to dress she’ll layout what she wants me to wear.
    She does all the buying, mostly at thrift stores, and her sense of style is right-on target.
    On our first date I told her I ‘dressed’ in order to relax. She asked me over to dress for her, so I did, and when I walked out of the bathroom she said, “Let me help you with your makeup”.
    We’ve been married quite awhile, more than 10 years, and we have fun with me being a CD.
    As she says, she has a real life doll to dress up.
    She also says that there are a lot of women out there who wish their men would also ‘dress’.

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    My wife also approves, to the point that when she wants me to dress she’ll layout what she wants me to wear.
    She does all the buying, mostly at thrift stores, and her sense of style is right-on target.
    On our first date I told her I ‘dressed’ in order to relax. She asked me over to dress for her, so I did, and when I walked out of the bathroom she said, “Let me help you with your makeup”.
    We’ve been married quite awhile, more than 10 years, and we have fun with me being a CD.
    As she says, she has a real life doll to dress up.
    She also says that there are a lot of women out there who wish their men would also ‘dress’.

Wow you have an amazing women. I am sure many here including myself wish they had someone like this.

I think this question gets to one of the difficult things for others who witness our crossdressing- it seems forced to them, or fetishistic, since we/the GG SO in the imaginary proposition are donning explicitly artificial items and presenting ourselves. The unspoken question is why be artificial in order to relate to real people? So the corollary is that we don't want to relate to real people, but to ourselves, or as others think, our imaginary selves.

So thus the pressure to pass- i.e. not look artificial or contrived or forced. Underlying this view, in our society, women who do a lot to look a certain way are seen as natural, and if we can do it too we are acceptably natural. I think a perfectly passing CD is more of an object of envy than fear.

This analysis underlies my approach- I can't pass no matter what I do, so I attempt to be 'natural' by not disguising my maleness, and explicitly just focusing on having the right to choose feminine clothing, just as women have the right to choose masculine clothing.

Therefore if my wife appeared in a toupee and beard, I would say- wait, I love your natural face, and your anatomical femaleness doesn't interfere with you being as masculine as you want. And I would hope that she would then discard the toupee and do much as I do.

Flannel shirts, overalls, boots, key rings, body hair- no problem. But if she loved tighty whiteys, I would have to work on that. I would take her shopping and encourage her to try other styles instead! But in the end, if she liked them better because they touched that spot inside where she wanted to feel relieved of everything girl- I'd understand.
    We are all beautiful...!

When my wife and I were first dating and she would spend the night, she was wear my men's briefs under her skirt to work. She has been stealing my t-shirts and sweatshirts our entire marriage. If she wanted to take it to full CD, I don't think I'd have a problem with it. On the other hand, when we're out with a group of friends, I like the fact that she's attractive. Of course, if in male mode she wants to get a little kinky, who am I to complain.
    By the way, we have gone to more than one Halloween party where we both cross dressed.

Banned Read only
    Joni,
    Maybe you could update your thread and explain if you were asking about females in transition or just the old subject of women wearing a variety of male clothes so inferring tongue in cheek they are CDers. Some of the replies suggest there is an uncertainty with the question.

I feel it is a question that has to be thought about considering the increase in F/M TGs.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCMDarlene View Post

Well, as a prank, maybe as a part of a skit that the teachers were performing for the students, my wife and another teacher donned a fake mustache. They both took photos and sent them to various people as a joke. I received the photo of them both. I admit, it was rather odd-looking, to see your wife sporting a mustache. Even though it was all in fun and a joke, when she came home, she was still wearing it. To be honest, it sort of unsettled me a bit, and in my mind, I was thinking and wondering how she feels/felt when I adorn feminine clothes and on a couple of occasions in our 30 years of marriage, ahs caught me wearing a bra with forms under a t-shirt.
    We had a few women at the office dress up to impersonate on of our male co-workers. One of the women I was close to had on a mustache and I found it strangely erotic and sexy. Too bad we were both married.

My wife asked me how I would like it if she started wearing men's work boots and work shirts. I reminded her that she does, fairly often, but if it was up to her I would never wear anything female related. She wants her man to be manly, all the time but I can't ever be girly!

This is always an interesting question. As much as women might feel more free to take on masculine traits, you just don't see them "crossdressing" with male names, painted facial hair, and an alter-ego.

I would of course accept this behavior from my fiancee, but I'm clearly biased here. I suspect that the VAST majority of men would never accept this kind of behavior from their SO's. The shame of being perceived as homosexual or deviant is way too strong. As rare as it is for a woman to accept CD'ing and whatnot from us, I think you could count the number of men on a few hands.

It is hard to project of course, but I would hope that we would be able to come to an understanding that enabled her to be happy. Naturally we are all a very biased audience. I would not be upset that she had not told me as I would understand that its not something easy to deal with.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    are you really being this hypocritical or showing a context of why or how our wives view us and relate to us.
    Reference my post at #15. Ah, another case of just reading the words without having any voice inflection. Really, some of these what if's get really really old. Have you ever seen a woman going to the extent I described out in the wild? I've never seen it. Maybe on comedy television shows or on Halloween. I think it is really demeaning to suggest a woman would go through all which has been described to emulate a man. Never seen a case of a transgender man wearing a false beard, but, that's not the subject of the post. If the cement truck driver I saw was intentionally trying to emulate a man (NOT) she did not succeed. Femininity exuded from her.

Now, if I was a husband who has zero knowledge of cross dressing I probably would act in the manner I described. How do you think the general public would view a woman going to the extent described? I think they would act that way. And, there is more comedy or head shaking because the societal reaction would definitely not be the same as a man dressed as a woman. The entire bathroom issue is based on the erroneous belief cross dressing men are perverted and a danger to women and girls.

I'd bet my last sou that any man without any cross dressing history would react exactly as I described.

Oh I get it about how a man without CD history would react. But the question was how would WE react. And I have seen what amazes me quite often is the complaints of some on here about their wife not being feminine enough.... Some have even gone on to admit THEY couldn't handle what they do if it was their wife. Well, Kudos to those at least who admit that. And since I was not sure of what you were saying, without the inflection which is why I asked the question as to what you were really meaning.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I'd say "Sure, if it makes you happy. Let's go DADT on that, OK?"

Banned Read only
    The OP stated "imagine you're not a CD-er and know nothing about it." Additionally, women do not have to go to such an extent to try to appear masculine. Women in all probability suffer in the same way men who cross dress suffer. Exactly how much body modification is necessary for a woman to pass as a man within the context of a cross dresser, not a transmale? My granddaughter has taken up some new fashion statement of wearing men's flannel shirts. She's prowling the Goodwill racks looking for them. Too bad I'm several sizes bigger than her. If she were to wear men's jeans, which my daughter wore because men's jeans had pockets and women's did not, even if she cropped her hair short she is still going to look like the beautiful young woman she is. Add a false beard and she'd be laughed off the street because she just does not have the physical ability to pull it off. My wife has a transgender second cousin who is transitioning from a petite young woman to a petite feminine appearing young man. Maybe she will want to grow a beard, but, that's not cross dressing.

If my wife put on a false beard and put a rolled up sock in her pants leg I really think she would need some therapy. Why? Because only insecure men of the 1950's rolled up socks and tried to enhance the visual for girls because of their innate sexual insecurity. Maybe she would need to be shown what a man who is secure in his status actually does. Maybe my attitude is reflected in the fact that at age 70 I do not wear fishnets stockings, micro mini skirts and go-go boots and excessive makeup.

Not that my wife wants to dress like a man but she stopped wearing dresses about 30 years ago.
    She's a sz 10 and would look so great in a sexy dress.
    I gave up about 15 years ago trying to get her to wear a dress for me.
    I would love it even if she only wore it at home.

I would love to see her in a floral summer dress but, I guess the only one around that would wear a floral summer dress is me!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-16-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?