Thread: First time out en femme....

First time out en femme....

As a newbie to all of this, I was curious to see what everyone experienced their very first time out en femme. Mine was terrifying and exciting all rolled together. For me, after working up enough courage, I took a drive to downtown San Diego and stepped out into a parking lot which was closed at the time. I made sure that if someone spotted me, I could jump back into my car and take off. I recall that the closest person to me was at least a hundred yards away! LOL. I do hope that I never get so jaded, the exhilaration wears off. It took less than a minute and yet the memory of that moment still lingers.

Went to the movies with my wife. Nobody noticed except the box office girl when she saw the name on my card. If it's all about "getting away" with it, then you're likely to keep that adrenaline going for a while. For me it was more about normalizing going out so that "rush" is gone now but I much prefer being able go out en femme without feeling like a criminal.

Ah-May-Lee
    I went to a NYC nightclub. I didn't look much different from the other creatures of the night that were there. I fit right in with the other misfits of the alternative life style scene.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    After a few night time drives I did what you did, drove to large supermarket and stepped out in the parking area. Nervous as hell but soon realised all my fears were groundless. Couldn't wait to do it again and though now it is routine it is still a nice thing to do.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My first time out with my new SO, Drove my Dodge Ram diesel, yeah the big truck. we went to a movie. It was a good night out and we then ate at a Cracker barrel. The waitress talked to us and we had a great talk with her.So just get out and do it. Nobody bites.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    My first real time out was in Vegas during Halloween weekend, went to two shows and dinner out with the wife it was such
    fun, I was nervous but was glad my wife had agreed to do it with me.
    It was a confidence booster for me and now I go out on a regular basis at home

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Tse View Post
    I do hope that I never get so jaded, the exhilaration wears off.
    The thrill changes with experience, but the change is good. The exhilaration is your fight-or-flight response kicking in. It feels even better when you realize you have to do neither.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Iris,
    Consider that scene from "...a hundred yards away." A car stops in an empty parking lot and a woman gets out. If your aim was to attract attention, you started off well. Is it that you want to get "caught"?

My first time out was a walk at night. I started at the hospital's parking lot, then walked down a couple of streets. These are four-lane roads, but they aren't heavily trafficked. As nervous as I was, I was much more exhilarated. I did have to pass in front of a car waiting at an intersection, and I encountered a couple of joggers. All in all, it was about two miles of walking.

I consider it to be one of the highlights of my life, mostly because this scaredy cat faced her fears head-on, lived through it, and enjoyed every minute of it!

Sami

Aunt Kelly, never envisioned it from that perspective....but oh so true. Hilarious..LOL. Love hearing from you all! Thanks! Iris

I remember my first time walking from my house to the bus stop at noon wearing heels, crossing the busy intersection was pretty exciting.
    Next day I went to Walmart and walked around the store in a women's top, jeans and black heels, it was fun.
    Anyway congratulations on your first step, Iris, and welcome to the forum.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Just have fun,girls just wanna have fun. I started at Kmart parking lots,parked far away ,walked as close to the door only to turn back to my car,and never went in as Jen. As I progressed as a CD and got more confident with my femme side and now Im all over the place. Its fun and with time you will grow and learn many new things about Iris. Remember Iris is inside you waiting to be out.

Silver Member
    Hello, Iris. For info on my getting out, you may want to review my early posts. They may help you. Also, try to find a 'seasoned' CD in your area, as I did.

Banned Read only
    Decades ago I would get all dolled up to include makeup and my blond wig and take a drive. In retrospect I must have been totally nuts. Not for taking a drive, but, thinking my wife never awoke in my absence. Ludicrous with hindsight. I would remove the makeup in a parking lot before coming home. Once I was stopped for a red light and a patrol car stopped in the lane next to me. He gave me more than a quick glance, but, I was only driving a car. After awhile I stopped going out for drive with the exception of Halloween when I did intentionally go into stores totally en femme and bought stuff.

Decades later I resumed nocturnal outings when my wife went to visit our daughter who was attending school and then living in Chicago. I had seven to ten days to be totally en femme 24/7 which was really great as a retiree...no breaks from being en femme to go to work. I took evening strolls in safe residential neighborhoods. I window shopped at closed stores. I fabricated trips such as mailing letters at the post office, getting free newspapers at those boxes which are everywhere, returning library books. I loved it.

Mine was terrifying and exciting all rolled together.

I think many of us can relate to that. It's also the time once you're back home and realise what you've just done and a sense of euphoria and elation kicks in.

Not to pour water on your fun but remember to stay safe. Deserted parking lots can also be the choice of less law abiding types. If you read through posts here you'll find that the short walk from the car to the postbox is one of the more common next steps. Choose a quiet street in a decent neighbourhood but watch out for those dam dog walkers suddenly appearing!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I'll never forget my first time out four months ago. Just walking out to my car was exhilarating. Did the neighbors see me? I kinda hope so...
    The car ride was also very exciting and scary at the same time. My friends and family know my car, so it was a bit nerve wracking.
    Arriving at the therapists office, I rushed through the parking lot wearing a tight black and white low cut blouse with my cleavage on full display, make up and wig just like in my av, four inch heals on shin high boots and extra tight ripped up jeans. Purse, earnings, necklace, rings, the whole nine yards.
    Head to the door and a little old man held the door for me and called me mam! (Exciting!)
    I got Mam, you need to check in from the receptionist. Again, satisfying, but then I had to talk...If they didn't know before, they know now.
    The two other patients that were in the waiting room surprisingly just started talking to me. A guy named Roger and a woman named Cindy. They were awesome and friendly and complimentary and really built up my confidence. I actually demonstrated a part of my cleavage technique to Cindy!
    Therapy was great and I was feeling so good after I went shopping at a department store and it was pretty crowded but I still shopped for lingerie. I got some looks from shoppers but maybe it was just jealousy lol or the fact I was dressed a bit ****ty with my boobies spilling out over my top.
    Overall my first time out was awesome!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

I was trucking down mainstreet less than 24 hours after my first time enfemme

This is an excerpt from my Blog. This Blog post was how I discovered CDing and how I was OUT enfemme trucking down mainstreet less than 24hours after my first time EVER enfemme.

http://billieannejeansblog.apps-1and1.com/958-2/

"Less than 24 hours after my first ever dressing, I was OUT enfemme in the general public."

"This set the pattern for my CDing thereafter. I always go OUT, don’t know anything to do with CDing other than dolling myself up and going OUT, like out walking around, the mall, restaurants, EVERYTHING. And it just seems right."

"I have always gone OUT."

"Our Group routinely takes new gals for their first time OUT enfemme. Find someone or a Group to help you. In the right city and with the right people going to the right places, you will at first feel EXPOSED, VULNERABLE, SCARED, and then in an hour or so you will just feel like it is the most natural thing. And exposed, vulnerable, nervous, happy."