Thread: The pricks of the world are necessary and serve a purpose.

Gold Member

The pricks of the world are necessary and serve a purpose.

I was watching some Tg videos and it is kind of interesting that no matter what age, passability, attractiveness, personality...
    There are often comments about "(so and so) will be a male no matter what..."
    It may seem rude BUT - at least the pricks of the world help humanity appreciate the good folks of the world. How does the phrase go? One cannot know pleasure without knowing suffering?

When it is some man that posts the rude remarks, I always think, "Shoot buddy, you will never have the privilege of knowing her or even dating someone as awesome, so what do you care?"

And the ones who do need to point out "you will always be male..."
    Remind me again how our lives threaten their own worthless existence? I do not know about other TG but i do not exactly go around trying to convert anyone to my way of living. When I am out and about, I bother no one.

Are people THAT insecure? Are they afraid a band of gawdy drag queens might kidnap them and make them march in Pride parade or something? It's not like that occurs THAT often, geeeze!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

One of my best (GG) friends crews the California (a tall ship in San Diego), she's certified to run the signal cannon they use. She sent me a note that one of the machinists had made a "gunners prick" for her after she qualified- it's a long probe used to open the powder bag after loading, and prior to priming & firing.
    I warned her to be carefull - once you have a prick it's a major production to get rid of.
    I think it was the first time I had managed to shock her

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    There are often comments about "(so and so) will be a male no matter what..."
    I always take it as just an indicator of either passive or willful ignorance. They conflate sex and gender and don't understand that nobody in our community is claiming that sex can be changed ("sex change" is a term dreampt up by the cisgender community.) But likewise gender cannot be changed and it does not always align to sex. So, yes, so-and-so will be a male (i.e. have male sex chromosomes) no matter what and they will also have female gender no matter what. Their failure to understand that changes nothing. Slowly the word is getting out, slowly the culture is coming to understand. Let's hope we become the last generation to have this confusion.

Remind me again how our lives threaten their own worthless existence?
    I think there's a strong resistance to learning new things. These people struggled through a middle-school science module on genetics and vaguely remember that there are X and Y chromosomes and one sex has two of one and the other has one of each (though they usually aren't too clear on who has what.) And they know "girls are girls and boys are boys" and NOW we're asking them to learn something new. That's the threat we pose. If we exist, then they have to think. And they don't want to do that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I remember going to parties when I was younger and the men would congregate in little cliques and some of them would make rude, disparaging, misogynist remarks about the women that may come into their view. The one that always made me curious and laugh to myself was the fat, balding, homely, little troll of a man that would ponder aloud whether he would "lay" this or that girl. These were often guys that couldn't get laid if they employed a paid professional. Insecurity is a funny damned thing. It makes asses of people when they display it.
    Last edited by jentay1367; 06-14-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: syntax

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachael.davis View Post
    One of my best (GG) friends crews the California (a tall ship in San Diego), she's certified to run the signal cannon they use. She sent me a note that one of the machinists had made a "gunners prick" for her after she qualified- it's a long probe used to open the powder bag after loading, and prior to priming & firing.
    I warned her to be carefull - once you have a prick it's a major production to get rid of.
    I think it was the first time I had managed to shock her
    This truly made me LOL.

Gold Member
    Pat - so, at least people are thinking of us. You know one funny thing - when I was living as a male, I never got much attention from anyone. NOW, hardly a day goes by when I am out and about that I do not hear at least one compliment about something I wear... Like even the non-haters are somehow fascinated with us.
    But, the few rude remarks, mis-genders, or laughs i hear DO make me appreciate the often cool ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jentay1367 View Post
    The one that always made me curious and laugh to myself was the fat, balding, homely, little troll of a man that would ponder aloud whether he would "lay" this or that girl. These were often guys that couldn't get laid if they employed a paid professional.
    So what you are saying is, you went to the same parties as Danny Devito? You just described him perfect. Aww come on now, quit pulling our legs.
    Ehh had it been Christopher LLoyd, you would still be in therapy (that guy is IIIIICKY)

Danny's an archetype.....so yeah, that's "the guy" I'm talking about. Christopher Lloyd?......... Aside from all these TAXI references, you could have at least bathed, shaved and put some clean clothes on him....lol
    been catching too much Nick at Night, Nicole? Get a job, girl!! LO.L.
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-15-2017 at 10:17 AM.

The other day a co-worker mentioned the colors of the urinal cakes in men's bathroom. Did you see one was pink and other was blue. He said "the pink was for TGs and the blue/other was for men". Took me a second and was speechless like what a strange thing say. Well now, I purposely use the pink. OMG, of all the problems in the world really?!!!!
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Gold Member
    I do have a job. Like a legit one. My suburbanite friends often ask if I work. But yeah, i do.

As far as urinal cakes - I never use them. When I go to the restroom, it smells so good after that no other scent enhancers are needed.

I, too, leave the restroom a better more fragrant environment. Suburb dweller, eh? That explains a lot. LOL
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-15-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Two posts edited for quoting preceeding posts, I hope there will not be a third

Well, I'm glad that he now feels better about himself and can pass along his wisdom to the world. Seriously, the only reason that I use a urinal is if I really have to go and there isn't a stall available.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Gold Member
    Pamela, if there is no stall and not urinal, just use the sink like a normal person.

So getting back to the subject matter at hand -
    My neighbor across the street - He is not a prick. He is, instead, an ingrown wart hair on a dog's ass.

Let us say that he will NOT be there showing his support at the Pride fest this year.
    He sounds WORSE than Larry the cable guy when he talks. Granted, he does not spew hate speech on websites or forums. One first has to be literate to pull that off.
    He has a hairy gut and doesn't have the decency to wear the ONE tee shirt he owns. I guess he saves it for special occasions like going to walmart or rallies for the rights of inbreeders.

The purpose he serves is making others feel good-looking.

Platinum Member
    Each "prick" may be motivated by some different source of anger and/or indignation. I know some people who don't like changes. Their memory includes an "ideal" past, where women were women, Hispanics were migrant workers, and black people kept to themselves. The same applied to gay and trans people....to the extent that they were aware of gender variance, they preferred that it remain hidden.

Then there are the ideologues...people who adhere to authoritarian dictates about how any person should chose to live. For some reason that I don't understand, ideologues insist that their standards of behavior must be adhered to by even those who do not share their set of beliefs. Its as though the existence of other belief sets some how threatens their certainty. Ideologues, it seems, cannot deal with their own doubt.

Of course, there are those who's anger is over the top. I would apply this type of anger to people who are damaged by life experience, perhaps an abusive home and wounded self image. For them, any noticeable difference is a target to express their anger. They ridicule the person with a difference, disability or disfigurement. Perhaps they need to express hatred towards others to feel momentarily better about themselves.

In order to establish the scale of averages, someone has to be above average and someone has to be below average. The problem we have is that the biased ignorant have the loudest voices.

Platinum Member
    Wasn't it Doug Adams who speculated that the human race existed as a food supply for mosquitos?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - Robert Heinlein

btw - if you have managed to live all your life without reading "I will fear no evil" you should correct that oversight

Quote Originally Posted by rachael.davis View Post
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - Robert Heinlein

btw - if you have managed to live all your life without reading "I will fear no evil" you should correct that oversight
    Or "Time Enough for Love"...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Masculinity in America is a very fragile concept. The average guy will go to great lengths happily becoming a total jerk just to prove to himself and anyone watching that he is not "gay". The greater the insecurity over whether they might actually "be" gay, the greater the lengths they will go to to prove otherwise. Then there are those so caught up in the "benefits" enjoyed with male privilege that they are angered by any "male" who would turn away from it. And then again, as was stated, one can not underestimate the lengths some people will go to in order to simply avoid taxing their brains by thinking.
    To quote " No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average American."
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.