Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife said buy...

Wife said buy...

The wife sent me to Wally World to pick up some stuff for fire pit night. Handed me a 20 and said "this ought to cover it. Then handed me another 5 and said "in case you need it, buy yourself something pretty."

Ok... need more information to form a reaction. Does she know you dress and is encouraging you? DADT breakthrough? Are you asking us to interpret what she meant? When you got there did the Moose tell you they were closed for renovations?

What a lovely thing for your wife to do. Enjoy!
    Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

OK, what exactly are you going to get for yourself for $5?

Also, I agree with Micki, what's the background to put this in context?

What kind of store is Wally World? Never heard of it but if it was a women's dress shop and gave you more than $5 i would have been excited. I don't know what you could buy with $5. Probably a small joke with no thought about your dressing at all.

Wally world is Walmart. Yes you can get something there for five bucks. . Something are like nine dollars or a little more.
    Part Time Girl

Walmart has some good stuff in the clearance rack.
    Just yesterday I got a cute pair of Danskin leggings for 5 bucks.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Five dollars is a good down payment on an item of makeup.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would have looked at her put my hand on my hip and said really 5 dollars ? You are a big spender aren't you?

$5 for "in case you need it, buy yourself something pretty"? Wow, your wife's generosity is truly epic.

Sounds more to me as if she stuck a shiv right between your ribs instead with that backhanded offer, and you were too lost in the pink fog to even see it coming...

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    What a nice wife! I have almost every color they have in cotton cami tops. At $1.68 each, that $5 (plus a few pennies) will get you 3 cami's!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Silver Member
    Not knowing financial situations the $5 may be the max in the budget. Wally World has tops that sell for $4.99. Maybe it was the challenge to find something wanted or needed.

At night when I come in, my wife will on occasion ask me if I want to change into something pretty. and we both know what that means.

If my wife gave my money and said, "buy yourself something pretty", I'd feel like I got a pass to skip school on test day!!!

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    How generous, your wife's bounds know no generosity Mabye a cheap nail varnish?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    OK, what exactly are you going to get for yourself for $5? ?
    Well, my email box has a "Deal for the Day" at Macy's for panties. Five pairs for $20. That comes to $4 each. I will admit I had to throw in three more five dollar bills to get the 5 for $20 price.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Five dollars is a good down payment on an item of makeup.
    Oh yeah like one can put makeup on layaway...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I would have looked at her put my hand on my hip and said really 5 dollars ? You are a big spender aren't you?
    From what I know of Tracii, can just imagine her saying that

One thing to remember though - it is the thought that counts. I know, stupid cliche that people use when they get a damned chia pet for Xmas but in THIS case - at least it is a sign of approval of CD'ing.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Hey, I know what I would have done with the money. I would have gone straight to the panty section and bought three real sexy pairs of stretch lace panties. I would have probably had enough left over to buy a bottle of finger nail polish remover. You know how you always end up running low on that stuff! Or check out the Elf rack in the makeup department. You can get four makeup application brushes which are fabulous for blending eye shadow, contouring, putting on blush, etc. Makeup brushes, as I have noted before, are absolutely an essential for perfecting makeup application. I have a collection of at least 40 of them but usually only use between 4 and 6 of them on a given Scarlett day.

If I had an extra dollar, now that you girls have talked me into wearing heels, I would have bought a 2 pair little box of jet black shear Hanes panty hose or the nude color as well now that I have three brand new pairs of nude colored high heels. I'm up to eight new pairs of high heels because of you girls and they all are extra sexy! And you girls know that I know sexy when I see it!

Other things I could have bought with 5 bucks are as follows: 3 cans of shaving cream to shave my legs with, a pack of razors, another pair of those sexy Hanes black tights you see in most of my photos that I wear with black booties, three of those camisoles one of the girls has already mentioned (a black one, a white one, and another black one), a sexy bra off the clearance rack, some really red lipstick or nail polish, some mascara, a pretty black hair bow or a black sparkly head band - they have one with a sparkly rose on it in the jewelry department for $4.88 that I wear all of the time, a fashion diamond bracelet or any bracelet in the fashion jewelry section (they are all $4.88 or less!)....I could go on and on about something pretty or something I could use to help me get pretty for 5 bucks in Walmart!

Have fun on your next Wally World shopping spree with 5 bucks compliments of Scarlett's suggestions! XOXOXO Scarlett

Ok, background...
    I am very much "out" and approaching FT..
    that said, I believe the offer was in deed tong in cheek. But I just thought it was funny in that, in the movies a husband handing over money to a wife to get necessities, hands a bit extra and often says something like that...

My wife has bought me some sexy things at Wal-Mart, most recently a 5- pack of lacy panties <3

I will read this as a positive gesture...what a nice thing to offer. My wife and I often shop for clothes and other stuff together. We have even gone out to stores to do some clearance shopping. Anytime my wife is encouraging...I take it as such and I let her know how much I appreciate it. We are a team...so we won't win if we aren't working together.

Sounds like a nice thing for her to do. Extra five bucks, Score!

I am truly blessed....my wife buys all of my things for me...I just need to show her what I like. She doesn't like doing it, but she knows how much I love doing it. Make up, clothes, heels, nail polish, "toys"....she's slowly coming along& beginning to like it...when she's in the mood.

Reality Check
    That's cute but I have a hard time relating to the wife giving the husband money or vice versa. If I want something from the store, I buy it. I don't have to ask my wife or get money from her. And it's the same way for her. All the money is "our" money.

It's the thought that counts, but $5.00 bucks??? Ho well, some press on nails, lip gloss, lost of fun stuff Brenda