Thread: Thanks for being here!

Thanks for being here!

Depressed today! Going to MAC counter on Monday and so many things were throwing up roadblocks to me going! Could call it off for a number of reasons! I came home and came here and my depression disappeared and was replaced by determination! Just reading others unrelated posts etc just helped so much! I have to do this thing as it is the next step on my journey! Again, thanks everyone! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ah-May-Lee
    It's difficult for me to picture you being depressed. Your posts are so upbeat and supportive of others on the forum, you always say hugs at the end of your posts. Where ever you find strength to move forward is a good thing. Have a fun time Monday.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I guess everybody gets depressed. AS you said, this forum does help with that. Yeah go get your makeover on Monday. you will like it indeed and they are so nice to you.
    Part Time Girl

Lana Mae -- totally get out there and get to MAC... they're great people and sometimes you have to take care of yourself first and then take care of others. If this is your next step, then take it. (And take pictures. And tell us all about it.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think I know you well enough to know you will keep your appointment with destiny at MAC. LOL

Drive safely and enjoy the entire day.

i totally agree with you Lana Mae. coming to this site always puts me
    in a very good mood! have fun at the MAC counter...
    paula

You've got this Lana Mae, you have been so supportive of so many here with such great advice and with such love. Make a great day of it, you won't be the only one out in the world we are going out for a few days enfemme! Let us know how it goes! Hugs back at you!

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Stick with it, if I get the chickening out feeling I jut imagine myself stepping out the car and walking chin up , the MAC counter is just another sales outlet where you are going to buy something after trying it out maybe like buying a new car. If you cancel now when are you going to get round to it, no one is that bothered , it's all in your head .

Go for it Lana Mae! I had similar feelings before my first Sephora makeover a couple months ago. The women at MAC should make you feel special and be completely accepting. Hold your head high, smile, and have a wonderful time!

When I post something I look forward to reading your responses, I find you are very positive and most of all you have a great judgement of common sense. We can all feel some forms of depression at times, but Im going to give you some advice that you would probably give me.
    Sit down, drop your shoulders and relax and breathe, stay focused and look at the big picture and everything will be fine, and I'm sure knowing the way you are, you will make the right decision.
    I hope I helped you as much as you help me in the past. At the end of the day we here are all we have, so let's try to climb this mountain together. What ever you decide for Monday you know forsure you are always respected here.

Hey Lana,

I have never known of anyone regretting getting a makeover and you won't either. It will most certainly give you a boost and, from the sound of things, you need it now. For many girls a makeover is a life changer. I have had four in the last seven months. What can I say, I'm a princess. Lol

Another booster is a salon experience, mani, pedi, tips, facial, etc. I have done those in the last few months also. To use the word pleasant would be an understatement. It's more like fabulous!

So "lean into the unfavorable winds", as a friend of mine would say and do it.

Lana be brave.

I don't know if you remember the time I went into a women's clothing store and tried on blouses while in drab. I sat in the parking lot for at least 15 minutes playing head games with my self. Eventually worked up to courage to just do it. It turned into a very positive experience.

The more you do these things the more comfortable it will become. I still get nervous but it's becoming easier each time.

Lana,

We certainly don't know each other, so what do I know? But I will tell you, look at this analytically. What is the downside? I can assure you, your makeover experience will be like a dream for you, no question. You will be welcomed, you will feel special, you will be treated like the lady you are. You will never forget that first time. I am sure the downside is being seen. I share the same risk each and every time out, but have taken steps to mitigate the issues. While I have a garage, I live on a cul-de-sac, one way in, one way out and no turning back if someone is coming at me. But you know what, people are generally living in their own little world, not noticing much around them. And, last I checked, you had the right to live your life and more importantly, enjoy it.

The regret in not doing this will hang heavily on you given the build up you've had getting ready for it.

We'll all be thinking about you tomorrow and I know I'll be looking forward to finding out what happened.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

We are stronger together, than apart.

Enjoy MAC on Monday!!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Thanks so much everyone! You are just awesome! It is 7:11 Monday morning and the preparations will soon begin! I am very excited and apprehensive! I know I am not perfect but I am going out and try to do my best! This is my first time out alone! The first time out seemed very rushed to me! I am going to take my time and enjoy as much as possible! I do not have my walk down pat yet but probably will after today! I will post any pictures that are taken and provide a narrative of the day! Wishing all of you a great day! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

You have a wonderful time, Lana Mae. We'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

OK! Showered, shaved, dressed except wig, earrings and lipstick! There is no turning back now! It is now a matter of getting to the car! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Sending positive thoughts and moral support your way Lana Mae. It wasn't that long ago that I made my first visit to MAC so I can feel your butterflies. Stay focused on what you want to accomplish, relax, try not to spend too much money, lol and enjoy.

Karen

Just know Lana we are all behind you on this. Walk in like you own it ( says the girl who hasn't been out yet) lol maybe I need to take my own advice.... Any way if I were there I'd give you a big hug and whisper go for it. Take some pictures.

Lana Mae
    You have this in the bag go for it and have a great time

Hugs Leann

Always here for you to talk to my friend. It took me over 30 years to do a lot of the stuff I do in relation to CDing routinely now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning