Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a cd anymore!

Not a cd anymore!

Hello everyone,

So two months ago I started to feel less excited about crossdressing, I thought I was bored with my current fem clothes.. so I purged everything at once.
    Now it's been about a month since the purge and I still feel that crosscrossing is not very exciting. No major changes in my everyday life or sexual activity, which leaves me wondering about why my feelings changed, sometimes I get the feeling that crossdressing is a very awkward act.

Any advice/similar experience? What happens next?

Love.
    Rose.
    Something that feels so right can't be wrong. No matter what others may think.

Well,Rose! I went for 34 years with only panties 4-5 times in those 34 years! After my wife died, it hit me like a ton of bricks or more like a pink fog tidal wave! Not good to purge! It will most likely return sooner or later! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

What happens next, is you wait for it to hit you again. Odds are high that it will, hence the rule, "Don't purge." Put it away. Put it way away. It's not the trappings that will be calling to you. The stores are full of new trappings that would call to you just as loudly. Maybe more loudly. The truth of it is that what you are experiencing is that nature of this thing for some of us. Your waning desire might last for months. It might last for many years. But it almost certainly will come back because it's who you are.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 08-26-2017 at 10:47 AM.

If you crossdress for a thrill or sexual excitement, then it's not unusual for you to get tired of one thing, and need a change of pace to get your jollies once again. But even those of us who don't get any thrill from it, get tired of particular items of clothing. We need a variety of things. As above, just don't purge (unless you have unlimited funds to go shopping and replace all the stuff you threw out!). Put your girl things in storage or something and see if you really have outgrown your desire to crossdress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    There's only 1 piece of advice: do what feels right to you.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just because you don't want to CD right now doesn't mean you won't in the future.
    It doesn't have to mean anything its just you don't feel the need to dress at this moment in time.Thats pretty normal actually many members here go thru that.
    Where is this going or what does this mean I hear all the time and why people get all hung up on that train of thought is beyond me.
    It doesn't mean anything or have to go anywhere. Just because you don't "X" doesn't mean "Y" will happen.
    Put your stuff in a box or old suitcase and put it in a closet so its there if you ever decide you need it again.

Ill bet you 100.00 dollars right now, you'll regret and buy again and emerge as Rose. That's what will happen next.
    x Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Been there and done that; several times. Sometimes it was basically gone for several years and then all of a sudden, wham, she comes back. I am sure there are some out there that have purged and adapted to the more masculine side and never felt the feminine in any way strong enough to actually have a need to go that direction again. We just don't hear about them and it is highly unlikely they would be posting here. But, the more objective data shows that for most of us who have had this inclination "since forever" it comes back in some form or other. For most of us it is a part of who we are. Enjoy your change, but far back in your memory banks plant a thought that Rose may come back and may come back stronger than before. Or not. As for what happens next, well, that is very individualized. The only thing you can be sure of is that something will happen. The "What" cannot be predicted. It is called the adventure of living. And at 72 I have had a lot of adventures and followed many pathways. Some worked, some didn't.

It's normal to feel this way sometimes. Sometimes I see a photo of myself or look in the mirror and feel that I look ridiculous! I think you've become bored with the clothes you have and since you live in Syria, it's probably quite a risk to go shopping.

I think many of us could use a rest from CDing once in a while. How long of a rest varies. But it's an activity of leisure for many, and we don't always have time for it. There are more important things to do.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Lucky you!

Well it's always good out with the old in with the new, a few years back I thought I beat it, I went almost a year without dressing of any kind.
    Believe it or not all it took was, I was at a party and my friends wife was standing in front of me, I was sitting and staring at her pantyhosed legs. A few times her legs brushed against me and that was it, I believe I stopped at a convince store and bought a pair of pantyhose that same night.
    I also find when I'm more stressed in life then usual I seem to dress more. If I were you I would just enjoy the freedom and piece of mind of not worry about it.

It can really depend on whats going on in your life or just a passing phase .I pretty well quit for about 3 years a long time ago .When it came back it came back and has not gone away since .It has only gotten stronger for me .If you can quit and are happy go for it if not embrace it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Well if you are happy with not dressing, I say enjoy getting on with your life. We are not some sort of cult that will try to convince you why you should keep dressing. However, many of us have tried quitting and been unable to do so. Know that if you do start dressing again, you are always welcome to find support here, with no judgment.

Platinum Member
    Best advice - who knows. Past performance (yours or ours) does not guarantee future results. It doesn't seem that you made an intentional decision to purge. If what I am reading correctly reflects your frame of mind, it seems the mood just hasn't returned. Probably no need to analyze it further.

If you must, then ask yourself what you want today, how you see yourself today. If it works as is, then you can ask yourself again tomorrow.

Junior Member Brandy Fromdaburg's Avatar
    Rose, how long have you been dressing? I'm curious if this is the first time you felt no desire to dress. Like others have said before the desire can come and go.
    I have never tried to quit but I have had times when I didn't think about dressing for many months and sometimes years. It wasn't even in the back of my mind. It was like dressing never happened in the past. But the desire eventually always comes back to me, especially during times of stress.
    Unless you are consciously trying to quit I would advise not to purge. I would actually advise against it even if you were trying to quit. The desire will always return and just having clothes in your possession isn't what brings the desire back. It's way more complicated than that.
    Last edited by Brandy Fromdaburg; 06-17-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Yes, comes with the territory....ebb and flow....ebb and flow...count on it. That's our world.

OH NOOOOOO ! LOL. you shouldnt purge we have all done this at one time in our lives . The feelings always come back Good luck .We are here for you any time

When (if?) I die, I'll have fem clothes under my drab clothes and be a CD or a real girl in the afterlife.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I am sure a large % of the posters on here will have experienced what you are going through some on a regular basis, she will be back you can be 99.99% certain of that.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I would guess that what you do next depends a lot on you Rose. My advice? Find out who you are and enjoy being yourself my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Me...I like dressing in girl clothes more than girls that dress in girl clothes. Can't really say I ever lost the desire to dress, but it has gotten stronger every day since I first started many years ago. Truly love how nice I look in girl clothes, how they make me feel and womanly.

Rose. So many have purged and became whole (cross 👗 Ed) again and again. It is in my will that I am laid out en femme and burried in my favorite ****ty LBD. 99.99 to 1 you will be whole again.

I started buying clothes in 2000. Between 2000 and 2004 I purged twice. Both times got rid of everything. During 2004 started buying clothes again. March I had a makeover and then in April joined Sigma Epsilon in Atlanta. Have not purged since then.

Banned Read only
    Rose,
    Maybe your brain chemistry changed, did you have something traumatic happen that has changed how you feel about being dressed.
    It's an even chance something clicks and the pink fog comes rolling before you know what's happening.

The more we do it the more the highs and lows even out, to me it feel comfortable and very natural , perhaps you're missing the high and it feels like it's gone away .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Sometimes u feel like a nut. Sometimes u don't."

But, since you're still here? You're NOT done with CDing------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!