Thread: Day out

Day out

I just booked a full day tomorrow. I complete makeover and day out shopping. this will be my first time out and about. I there any advice that you ladies can give me. We will be going shopping all afternoon and then maybe to dinner. I really can't wait and will post pictures

Simply, enjoy Valerie..
    Gail xx

Yep, first and above all, just have a good time.

Smile, often and big. That alone will make your journey easier.

Avoid malls, unless you're looking for extra attention. Dress to blend and stick to stand-alone stores.

And again, have fun.

Take a deep breath and go for it. It's been said many times that we create scenarios in our heads of all the things that we think will go wrong when in truth it very rarely does. I won't say never but it is rarely. So be confident, don't be furtive, head up and own your space.

Kelly offers sound advice but I would say malls, especially busy ones, can be the best places to go. You become one face in many. Dress to blend and you can merge into the background. It's counter intuitive I know but from experience I can say that I've felt more secure out in a crowd of shoppers that somewhere that I'm one of a handful. Hence I would ask your makeup artist to go for a day look and not something more suited to a glam night out. Even GG's with OTT makeup out in the day draw attention.

As for dinner, if you get the chance quickly check out who else is in there. I was planning to eat for the second time in a Chinese restaurant but as I walked towards the door I could see there were groups of mid teens eating in there so my spidy instincts told me to go elsewhere. And that's the other piece of advice. Trust your instincts. If it feels wrong then it almost always is. Just don't confuse nerves with alarm bells.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Don't over think what your doing and concentrate on being your natural self and let it flow, relax, breath, smile and remember your doing nothing wrong. At dinner take small bites and eat slower. Don't let any negative comments or stares deter you. Good luck.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Relax and enjoy! Follow the advise given here and you should be alright! I think malls are very safe but individual stores have advantages too! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just have fun and enjoy the day.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Just have fun,and a cocktail with dinner also helps. The lady that does my makeup offers me wine or a beverage so that calms my nevers down. You state "we" so your going with a + 1 just enjoy yourself.