Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Pushed into the Closet! ....Me Ranting!

Being Pushed into the Closet! ....Me Ranting!

I feel I'm being Pushed back into the Closet!

I feel I'm a nice person, I try to treat everyone fairly and be open-minded to others.

Makes me sad.

My SO says she's excepts the LGBT community but, she feels it's messed up if a male uses makeup or dresses fem at all.

We were watching TV last night and a lesbian news woman came on dressed in a mans suite, typical man's hairstyle, and no makeup.
    She said it's good to see how far women have come.

Then later on the (Bill Mather show) Eddie Izzard was on as a guest wearing a woman's suite and makeup and my SO ranted on about how messed up it was.

I should have stuck up for him but NO, I just kept my mouth shut!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I'm afraid you may stop being the nice person if you can't express yourself !

Even I sometimes feel I walk back into my house and slip the handcuffs and gag on so I can be controlled ! It gets bad when you can't even watch TV without the pangs of guilt and the one sided conversations about the appearance of people on it .

I can't say anymore than that because I've said it all before, it's totally in your hands how much you allow yourself to be controlled and criticised for something you can't change.

Judy, I m sorry for your predicament! I have just a few words for your wife! Judge not that ye may not be judged! Simple to do but so many don't! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I know the feeling well. If I so much as comment on a pretty dress I see on TV, my wife will either give me "that look" or make a negative or disparaging comment. But for some reason, to her it's okay if she blabbers about a sermon at her church, which I have told her time and again that I have no interest in hearing about it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    What has come about with my wife and I is that I make absolutely no comment about CD or gender. I hold the shield of DADT very firmly. The snide comments have ceased because, for awhile, every time I got a hater comment or response from her, I pointed out that DADT had been violated and there wasn't going to be a double standard. No one has the right to be cruel.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Judy, the time bomb is ticking! Sooner or later you're going to explode. Why don't you ask her why she continues to throw barbs at everything and anything she perceives as men emulating a woman. I'm mean, even to throw a comment at you about crossing your legs. At some point in time even people on this site are going to stop being sympathetic to your plight. Even if you choose to forego any attempt to wear women's clothing you need to tell her to shut up and stop making snide remarks and insinuations about cross dressing.

PS: I just saw Carla's comment. Amen!

Platinum Member
    My guess is that if it weren't for your common interest, Eddie Izard wouldn't have been so aggravating. As it seems that she really wants to view herself as an accepting person, perhaps a little subtle logical jujitsu might be in order. So next time either of those situations occur, just agree with her emphatically, extolling the great advances being made by women, and be especially harsh, judgmental and condemning of any male presuming to present at all feminine.

You are going to blow a cork..You and others that are continually being put down by family. I guess your right to gender expression isn't that strong of a feeling for you,right now.

Carla nailed it. You either have DADT or you don't. It seems pretty clear that you don't, so either insist that that change or stand up for yourself. We all know that your wife's stance is bigoted and unreasonable. IMO you should call her on it. In the long run, that will be better for both of you.

Well at least I got to wear a summer dress today! On GTA Attachment 278569
    I did quit the game as soon as I heard her foot steps.

Summer dress high heels and a big machine gun!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Judy, I think you are at the put up or shut up moment in your marriage. I know that is easier said than done. I was in a long term marriage where my ex was always threatening me with divorce every time I did something she did not like, not about dressing. I found out how just hollow her threats were the last time she threatened me, I walked out and never returned. She tried desperately to get me back. I was fed up and just could not return. There are down sides, but I am happy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Jamie,
    it is a shame a relationship comes to that, sometimes our wives/partners appear to be on a self destruct mode, when I nearly separated I know my loss was deeply thought over, but sometimes I do feel I'm being manipulated.

I sympathize but I can't do it.

I demand equal time. I need to be myself. I will keep the parts she doesn't like away from her but I won't be disrespected any more than I will disrespect her. It has to be a two way street.

It's a bit like if I was religious. Although I might ask the SO to come to church with me, I would respect her right to decline and not believe in the same things as me. I would however hold steadfastly to my right to my beliefs.

So it is with my crossdressing.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 06-18-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Well, Judy, since you seem to be a fan of Bill Maher's "Real Time" show, then surely you are familiar with his iconic "whiney little b*tch" characterization of Donald Trump. Sorry to say, but you are starting to come across much the same with your constant barrage of "woe is me" posts here in terms of how your wife allegedly disrespects and bullies you over your crossdressing, given her immense aversion to it.

FFS, why don't you just grow a pair and...pardon the expression..."man up", and don't let your wife walk all over you like this.

Then again, maybe you just like to play the submissive role in your marriage but are afraid to acknowledge that, preferring instead to post here and draw us into your fantasy world by playing the unwilling, hard-done-by victim.

I can't speak for the others, but you've lost me at this point...I just can't buy this "poor little me" routine anymore until you come clean and tell us exactly what hold (financial, physical, power of attorney, ability to blackmail you etc.) that your wife has over you if your perceived submissiveness is not at the root of all this.

Failing that, you are an adult and have a free will. Use it.

Judy I really feel for you, you seem to be in a mess with your wife. I think you really need to come up with a plan as whatever the two of you are doing is not working, you know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and wondering why you get the same outcome. I don't know what you should be doing but you need to be doing something different.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Judy , Why did you not call her out on the spot . Asked her why she thinks its ok for a lesbian to dressed as a man but not ok for a man to dressed in female clothes with makeup . It really piss me off that females can do anything with the blessing of society and white knights . Whereas , men are always walking on egg shell and get blame on anything and everything .

Judy - are you out to your wife? It doesn't read that way in your first post.
    If you are out to her you can point out that her comments are hurtful, if you're not out to her you don't have much of a kick.

Judy,

We were watching TV last night and a lesbian news woman came on dressed in a mans suite, typical man's hairstyle, and no makeup.
    She said it's good to see how far women have come.

Then later on the (Bill Mather show) Eddie Izzard was on as a guest wearing a woman's suite and makeup and my SO ranted on about how messed up it was.

I find the "Why" question is often the best thing. It's good for a female to appear dressed in a masculine way but bad if a man dresses in a feminine way? Why? Asking someone to justify their position often shows either that they have no real logic to their position or that they have no answer at all! I've questioning each statement made with "Why do you think that?" gets the, "Well it's obvious" to which "Why is it obvious?" just keeps leading them gently down the dead end road were the arguments simply run out of steam. It's still difficult to get the other person to admit defeat but the moral victory is yours.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks everyone for you input.
    Yes my wife does run the show around here. I've never won an augment even times when I've been able to prove I was right.
    It's always been her way or no way.

I don't know if my wife realizes it but her attitude makes people hide stuff, even my grown up children tell me things that they wouldn't tell mom.

She's alway telling everyone how to act and behave. I'm not saying things are bad.
    It's just if she's mad you get misery, if she's happy you get peaches and cream. You know (happy wife , happy life).

I'm not saying Poor me, I'm just sharing my CDing stories.

Don't we all make compromises in life?
    Every path in life we take has it's pros and cons, we just take the one that appears to be the best one.

I feel that if trying to get her to let me dress is going to put a damper on my marriage, then it's back in the closet for me.

I'm at a point in my life with the enjoyment of grown children, marriages, family and relatives parties, etc.

I've been it the closet for most of my CDing life, what's another 10 years.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Thanks everyone for you input.

Don't we all make compromises in life?
    I've been it the closet for most of my CDing life, what's another 10 years.
    From your posts it seems your wife has made no compromises in life. Your posts seem to confirm she is a very caustic woman.

"What's another 10 years" is a very defeatist attitude. I am assuming ten years is your check out time from this early experience and you get to wear one of those long white gowns in heaven. Oh, then it will not be cross dressing since I am assuming it is a unisex gown. I would rather spend the last ten years of MY life in peace.'

One last worthless idea I have which may be something to consider around Halloween is to wear a very sexy French maid's outfit and tell her you're really submissive and want to be her ideal servant. Just a thought. I'm working on my second cup of coffee this morning. Maybe a third will awaken me from this fantasy world.

I will just fall over if you post yourself in a French maid outfit. At this point of life, if I were you, I'd be all in for annoying the crap out of her.

Judy, You are well aware of what you have to do--You just need the balls to do it. If you are content to live your life as a doormat, that is up to you.

I can tell your seriously. If she were my wife, she would have been on the street years ago. Crossdressing would have had nothing to do with it.

I grew up with a mother who was the consummate power player. Everything was about her. Never again!!!

Jodi

Silver Member
    JS, based on your profile, you're about 62 y/o. Your kids are all adults and gone. Your wife treats you badly/selfishly . You lie down and take it. You are a CDer with many years left ahead of you. You say you want to stop, but you keep posting here, photos, too, so that's not true. Leslie's comments reflect my thoughts.
    I don't know your financial situation, but I'll be she controls the purse strings as she does everything else. How much longer can you take being such a lap dog to her?
    Here's my suggestion, for what its worth. Plan ahead and make all necessary arrangements, including legal, and when the right time comes up, pack your suitcases and tell her that you've had enough of her controlling and negative ways and that you are leaving. She may just ask you to stay, and that you can work things out. If she doesn't, leave! Make it a legal separation or file for divorce. You should be much happier when by yourself, if all you've stated is true.

Doesn't divorce sound a little extreme to spend about $80,000 and loose everything that took a life time to get just so that I can dress up once in awhile?

Happier when by myself? I think If I were by myself I would only dress once a month then what the other 30 days.

Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-19-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    It doesn't have to mean divorce, we started to negotiate a separation for the happiness of both of us, but the happiness of others had to be considered . Yes we came to a compromise, I initially asked for every Sunday to dress as I chose, it's worked out better still because I now go out socially. To be totally truthful I never expected that to happen but my wife and family are OK with it.

You can work things out but you have to fight your corner sometimes otherwise you live someone else's life and yours becomes secondhand .

Your wife is a bully to your whole family , you're the one in the frame to have to do something about it, you can't expect your children to fight that battle , you are still the man of the house , go and prove it. What future do you have when retirement comes, CDing is for life , don't kid yourself its any different.

Can I add one further thought. Often discussed here is the question of why for those of us in the closet we go out and run the risk of discovery by friends or work colleagues. Yes it's partly about risk vs reward but one big part in my decision making was that I didn't want to be on my death bed (hopefully many years down the line) lying there thinking, "I wish I'd .....".

Judy I totally get the losing all that you've worked for fear and if those things are worth more to you than the opportunity to CD then that has to be respected. From your comments it does appear that if out to your children then they may be understanding and sympathetic to your predicament. Aside from that, isn't it just time you and the kids formed an alliance and started telling mom just a few home truths. Put an end to her bullying.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed