Thread: Too darn hot.

Too darn hot.

Most times I'll been out and about it's been during the winter months and I was thinking today how nice it would be to go out in a summer dress and feel the sun on my shoulders. Then I thought, wig, makeup, corset, forms, padding and plus 30 degrees C. Headline; CD'er found melted outside dress shop.

I take my bonnet off to all of you who live in warmer climes and go out. I think I'd admit defeat and stay in the shade.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Gotta say, I would give anything to be someplace cooler than Texas. I managed to dress in Houston, even in the humid stifling heat of summer, but it could be overwhelming.

Helen, in Texas it is hovering around 100 degrees right now and 96 right now after a storm that cooled it down a bit. I do not use forms or padding or anything. Use a bra for my B sized breasts and panties and a skirt and a thinner top or a Tank-top. No wig I have long hair and yes it get hot in the summer. But a nice breeze blows my hair around and that helps.
    Yes more leg showing and a shorter skirt or dress with nice heels make it nice for a summer day.
    Part Time Girl

Wigs are extremely hot on the head, in hot weather, i sweat profusely! Pantyhose are stiflingly sweaty, too in such heat and awful humidity. Not dressing in that!

Helen I am with you time to stay inside.

But I think I am going to load up the boat and head to higher ground and do some fishing.
    Humm I wonder if my forms float if so I could use them as my flotation devices lol

stay cool everyone

Leann

It is hot and humid in Houston this time of year, I sure got a wake up when I walked down the jet bridge returning from SFO last week.

No wig here as I have natural hair, still gets hot though.

You just have to dress for the venue, I pretty much wear skirts year round here though, as where I had to revert back to leggings in SFO.

Oh yeah and 90% percent chance of a tropical depression approaching..............

Which reminds me I need to get another keratin treatment ASAP
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Here in the DFW metro it's gets pretty steamy as well but I can still make it out in my wig and makeup, don't wear forms,
    but when it's warm I can wear shorts or a nice summer skirt. I do sweat a bit but I manage, for one I love wearing shorts or
    skirts because I think my legs look great

Red face

It gets steamy here in New York. I wear hats and thinner wigs. I wear loose clothing and sandals quite a bit.

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Banned Read only
    May I make a suggestion. Get a shorter wig. Forget the makeup. Forget forms and corset, padding. Substitute ice packs for the forms...air conditioning? Wear a cotton dress with cotton bra, cotton panty and cotton half slip. Cotton is a lot more absorbent than nylon. Forget the hosiery. Go with sandals. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Banned Read only
    I am wondering when Summer will begin it's been 68 and rainy forever around here.

During the summer months I get out just as much as the other months. My head is shaved so my wig doesn't make me sweat much, I wear lightweight clothing and skip the pantyhose. Sometimes I skip the breast forms or i'll put plenty of powder on them which helps reduce sweating.

While my hair is thin on top, it is long in the back... Do-rag in place of wig, instead of forms I just wear a push-up A- cup, and do the most minimal makeup possible

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Go out at night in those hot summer days.

Hot? in Midlands? really?
    All I remember was cold and wet

My wardrobe is full of summer dresses (yes wigs and make up are a pain at 30C)
    I do need some winter clothes as it's only 3C in the morings
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I hate it when my panties stick to my butt!

Hot here in France as well! 32 the other day, but the week before I went out dressed and yes it was hot but good to be out dressed in summer clothes.

you know it's hot for genetic women too, right?

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    You can wear thinner , cooler clothing just as GGs do.

However there is one difference with makeup.
    Males have more sweat glands in their face than females.
    So, heavy foundations are out in hot, humid weather.

Wigs can also be a problem of course...
    GGs often tie their longer hair back in in hot weather

Yeah I have my hair tied or braided and that helps a lot on the heat. Like i said in the heat No hose ans showing more skin is what the GG's do around here. So we do the same.
    Part Time Girl

Not much better here in New Jersey.
    The other week it was mid 90's for 3 days and the only place I went was to the backyard and the pool (in my new bikini of course).

Thankfully I don't get all dressed to the 9's in summer. It's usually just shorts, a skirt or skort, sandals and a cute top if I'm going out. Bare legs rule the warm weather for this gal.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Yep. Wig, body-shaping 'kit', stockings and heels just don't work in this heat. I'm a little anxious, as next month I've got some rare Jemima-tima (hmn, doesn't quite work) but am dreading the thought of it still being this warm. However, I'm sure I'll survive!

Though this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Substitute ice packs for the forms...
    did make me chuckle.

Jemima
    x