Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook hates CD/TG kin

Facebook hates CD/TG kin

I have attempted to make a Facebook account for my femme self, but it seems not long afterwards my account gets disabled. They wanted me to submit my ID and a photo of myself to verify my "authentic identity." I have also read that Facebook will sometimes force people to change their name to their authentic name just to keep their account.

There are obvious security and privacy concerns with this, especially for individuals like us and transgendered people, but also for women (and men) being stalked/harassed by exes and creepers.

I don't know how my account keeps getting flagged, but it might be one of the groups I joined. But what is the point of being on Facebook if I can't join any groups to allow my CD identity show?

Facebook has been a frustrating experience for me. And I never stopped to think about the potential for cd/tv related groups/etc that I would never be able to join on my primary account. This raises an important question , one of which facebook may not totally be aware of. Getting thru the support mechanisms and talking with real people may be a hassle, but just as we could not use our amateur radio call signs as nick names when the feature was added, maybe this is just a case of the larger community of which we are a part coming together and bringing it to the attention of the right people. Then again, there may be an in-house reason this is occurring. I would imagine though that more than a few maintain separate facebook accounts for their en femme personality. Hmmm.

I have stayed away from Facebook for personal privacy reasons. Also as a paralegal Facebook can be an ethical minefield. Its not worth the hassle. That's why I am so glad for this site and it's community

I set up a "Sara" FB page many years ago. I must have had a reason to do so but it was something to which I never really posted anything, picture or otherwise and haven't been to the page in years as well. How do I know it exists? I get the occasional email from FB asking if I know so-and-so and usually so-and-so is a member of our community who I actually know IRL or in these pages.

It is my understanding though that FB will no longer allow the use of an alias. Others who might be more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong but that might be what you are running into. And once you have attempted to do so, your IP address is likely flagged to watch for any further attempts. It may also be cross-referencing groups you have joined.

These are good reasons to steer clear of FB. I really have no use for it in any mode.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have both girl and boy FB pages and FB has never asked me any questions.
    I use a separate browser for each and have blocked my girl page from my boy page.
    One does not filter into the other and never has.
    I do have some of my friends on my guy page that are friends with some women on my girl page but it has never outed me.
    Even my kids are friends with one of my lady friends that is on both my pages and its never been an issue.
    Now on my girl FB page I don't mention being trans and keep it all girl all the time.
    I don't post about being trans very often but I have plenty of trans friends on my girl page that do comment. I just give support.
    I don't show my guy pics on my girl page and vice versa and keep it separate.
    I have a few friends from here on my girl page too.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-21-2017 at 08:33 AM.

I have been on FB for a couple years. My friends requested I join. They all know me as Jean, which is the name I picked for this site and is the name all my friends know me as. I only have the one account. There is no mention of me being transgender on it. All my friends are people I have met face to face. My friends and I use it to keep in touch. I am out. This is important because FB will out you with their friending thing. I do get a news feed from the local LGBT center where I attend a weekly support group. I don't remember what information I gave FB , but I did use my Gmail account that I have set up as Jean. I set this account up when I joined this site and is now the only email account I use.

I do the same thing as Tracii does 2 separate accounts and 2 different browsers
    One time I added Leann as a friend and my wife asked why did I add my ex as a friend !!

and it has worked for me.

Leann

I the key is to use separate email for both accounts and have real people as friends on each account

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Kassie,
    I had the same problem on facebook, my account was deleted. I was being asked to submit i.d. through some investigate research I found out it was transexual woman that I had as a fb friend who reported me,thus my account was flagged. Sorry to hear this happens to you,plenty of people on there with fake accounts ,my opinion someone on your friends list reported you.

I would advise people to stay away from FB unless you want to be outted. If you are very careful, as some on here have stated, you can keep it a secret, but FB is such a huge company they can afford to pay programmers to come up with new features to link personal information to accounts. That is there business. To sell. To find patterns. Just because you haven't been outted yet, you are only one, new FB feature from being connected. They have artificial intelligence face recognition in development now, so who knows what this will lead to. There are legitimate good reasons for this type of technology, such as crime fighting, and terrorism tracking, but I don't like all the invasiveness. I have never used any other site other than this one, and a couple anonymous sites in the past that were never linked to a legitimate email account. Be careful if you are not already living your life out loud.

Kassie,

Facebook gets a lot of money from advertisements, especially advertisements from games... So, if you have two accounts with the same email address, it is against their policy one persons to have two accounts. For gamers it allows one player to have more than one account and gives an unfair advantage. Try using two different e-mail addresses for two different accounts. Just remember that Facebook has the strongest facial recognition program working in the background to "help others identify their friends easier"....

@--}-----
    Michelle

Facebook is notorious for data mining. I don't know why anyone would want to belong to a site like that anyway. When they insisted on my phone number or they would delete my account, I let them delete it. I already have enough telemarketers calling me.

Facebook is not free. If you're not paying to use the product, then YOU are the product they are selling.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I tried to make a CD account on Facebook in the past. Facebook wouldn't accept my CD name. I just gave up for my CD side on Facebook and just continue it on here.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Banned Read only
    I have two FB accounts, one for the fem me. I used my same last name with a different fem first name.

A couple days later, what shows up on my male FB?

A friends suggestion of people you may know.

One of the suggested friends was my fem page.

But I think FB is cracking down on the possible fake accounts, due to people using them to bully or otherwise hurrass people.

I've had a Facebook account for a couple of years, at the prompting of some of my CD friends. I don't use it often; it's a way to keep up on what my friends are doing. I have a separate email account for my femme self, and used that to set up the FB page, and I've never had any issues from FB. I have had a concern for a while, though. The "people you may know" section suggests people from my mundane life, that I have never connected with on my femme page. Worse, my wife told me that her "people you may know" section had my femme self show up! She knows about, but hates, my dressing, so this was a minor irritation, rather than a disaster. But it has led me to worry that my femme self may be showing up on the FB pages of people from my mundane life. I'm somewhat out of the closet; my best friends and family know, but not clients or business associates. I've done research and haven't been able to find out how FB does this, or what the guidelines are, so I don't know what the risk level is. Anybody know? I'm not concerned enough about it to delete my FB page, but I would like to know.
    --Emeraude

I stay away from facebook..........

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I have a him FB page and a her FB page. Completely separate. Different email accounts, different browsers and no friends in common. I've had my Joanne account for around 9 years and I've never had any problems, knock on wood.

I closed my FB account some time ago. It is a very dangerous place as information seeps through in ways that surprise you. Once on FB you have lost your right to privacy and people can and do find out all sorts of information about you. I decided it was a privacy minefield and I shall never go back. Don't be fooled by the oh so friendly tone. It is a hard commercial business that deals in personal information. Stay away!

Platinum Member
    As several have noted, its easy to have a second FB identity...just use a different email address.

I dislike billionaires like FB's owner and think it should be illegal. They have way too much power and repress our freedom.
    Last edited by LelaK; 06-21-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The usual crowd that thinks torches and pitchforks will pop out to get them if the get on FB in girl mode.
    The thing is I have made tons of friends and other CD and trans folk by having a girl page.
    Granted I don't post every single day or post 10,0000 pics a day and annoy others with pictures and maps of where I had dinner LOLOL.
    Just go in comment here and there and keep it all girl works fine.
    I have made some female friends that I'm pretty sure have know idea I'm trans because I don't post a lot of trans stuff.
    I do comment supporting trans friends and some of those GGs say how sweet you are so supportive to trans girls.
    We message back and forth about what purses we like best or who is doing needle point this summer in their spare time or what stupid stuff their husbands or BF's do.
    I totally love the conversation and I love those girls for who they are.
    Lela K I too think Mark Z is a total dick and he sells advertising using your page but I never click on the ads or anything not related to me.
    Plus I never give out any information I don't want out there.
    If you use your head FB can be fun in girl mode Just don't reference you guy page or ever go there just to look just block your boy page and you will be fine.
    SM I will add I never had to produce a phone number for FB
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-22-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Facebook is notorious for data mining. I don't know why anyone would want to belong to a site like that anyway. When they insisted on my phone number or they would delete my account, I let them delete it. I already have enough telemarketers calling me.

Facebook is not free. If you're not paying to use the product, then YOU are the product they are selling.
    It makes you wonder about THIS site. No advertising. Who pays for the server and why? It may be some benevolent CD, who knows. No shade cast on the moderators. They do a great job.

Nice Marshall stack Tracii.
    Last edited by JanetW; 06-22-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As Tracii points out, FB can be very useful for staying in contact with CD friends and receiving notifications for get togethers and events. If u aren't an active dresser, u probably don't need it. I have never had any problem with my 2 accounts over lapping using Tracii's method.

It's important to realize FB is NOT run by humans but by constantly changing computer formats. My old account with 1000's of Friends and photos was recently deleted. However, I have a new one. Slightly altering my online name and joining from a different email address. My account was flagged for nudity. But, before they deleted it for that, they made me prove who I was by sending them photos of Sherry holding my real ID's. Because I am trans, they would have allowed me to keep the account if it hadn't been flagged for nudity. In the 6 month I've had my new account, I've re Friended about 250 of my old friends and had no issues with FB because I no longer post questionable pics there.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I avoid anything to do with that goony looking sociopath that started Facebook.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    I Once on FB you have lost your right to privacy and people can and do find out all sorts of information about you.
    Well you could say that about any forum on the Internet, even this one.

BTW: People can only find information you share on FB, just like any other Internet forum.