Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook hates CD/TG kin

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep don't share what you don't want seen.Pretty simple really.

I have no problem with face book

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Yep don't share what you don't want seen.Pretty simple really.
    Data mining sees all and with enhanced facial recognition posting photos with a ton of appearance changing masks and some photos with no makeup will not matter. Look up the datapoints that are used for personal identification. Unless you use a clown nose, it won't matter.
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

About a year ago, I read a fairly reliable article that said Facebook was tight with the CIA and shared a lot of personal information with the CIA and other government agencies. Not sure, but it sounds reasonable, especially when they want to see drivers licenses and other personal info to prove who you are. Why is Facebook so determined to know who you actually are. It also makes it easy for identity thieves, because they know all your activities, trips, hobbies, locations, friends, where you went to school, and so much more.

I have never had a desire to join anything that uses my information for profit. I am not on Facebook; I am not a Twit; I don't Snapchat or any of the hundred and one ways that people waste their time on the internet. Who needs it?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have no use for snap chat,twitter,linkdin etc.
    I don't see the point in telling the world what I am doing all the time.
    My phone is for phone calls and to take pics if I need to. I don't have any apps or any browsers on it its a damn phone LOL

Someone is flagging you. Facebook doesn't go looking for accounts to disable. Someone is trying to make trouble for you.
    My name is Carol.

It is correct to say that this site is public and information is available to those who seek it - but they have to join to see more about you and you can restrict the amount of information.
    However, FB goes into another dimension as it seeks new ways link to what you do on other sites. So for instance, if you visit another public site that is linked to FB and leave a comment or just hit the like button, you find that gets back to your FB page. I was in contact with a person via my cell phone and later got a message on FB asking if I wanted to include this person as a friend. The link did not come from her and I don't know how it happened but whereas this site is a "passive" site,FB is constantly developing algorithms that link your other internet activity back to FB.

I was a member of FB for a couple of years but then as my friendship field expanded i began to receive a lot of unsolicited and unwanted material on my page. I was careful with my privacy settings but became increasingly unhappy with the material and links that would show up. Also I found that I was wasting a lot of my time reading other peoples trivia. It just seemed to be a big waste of my time and so I withdrew.

Facebook? who needs it? a total waste of space and most importantly of all totally insecure, If you want to be safe and secure within a particular environ stick to closed sites like this one.

I only have one FB account, male mode. That being said I do not use it, but my wife does to play games. However this is my second account for playing the games, as my first male account was deleted. Reason it was deleted was to many friends I did not know. About 95 percent were befriended because of playing the games that require friends to progress like Family Farm. So because I did not know these people they deleted my account.

CD/TG are not the only ones getting hit by the whole legal name thing. Pagans are being hit hard by it as well. Some of them cant even start a group on FB with out providing id.
    My wife told me she didn't want me to become Liz from AHS Hotel.
    I Promised her that I have never and do not plan on killing anyone.
    I wonder why she wasn't comforted by that?

(True Story btw)

Aspiring Member
    Maintaining two FB accounts, one of them having your CD identity, will out you. It is a matter of when, not if.

I always read myself my rights before I go to FB: You have a right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you.
    Last edited by abby054; 06-24-2017 at 07:04 AM.

I took one account to follow a few groups (not CD related at all), but never sent any face picture or even a single pixel showing my skin. After three months, one is forced to provide a mobile phone number when their checkpoint/block page pops up.
    After reading the above comments, to avoid being tempted and trapped and outed later, I am going to leave it.

I've had a FB account as my femme self for a number of years now. maybe they changed the rules?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I made a 2nd account last week with no problems.

The problem I see, is that so many other sites are linked to Facebook. Lots of sites I look at and other forums say "Log In With Your Facebook Account". They have their tentacles around everything. I like to look at my daughters and other family and friends Facebook pages, and other group Facebook pages. And you can't look at anything on Facebook or even get into Facebook without an account of your own. Of course you don't have to use your right name and information. And there are plenty of free Email accounts to be had.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 06-25-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeindress View Post
    I took one account to follow a few groups (not CD related at all), but never sent any face picture or even a single pixel showing my skin. After three months, one is forced to provide a mobile phone number when their checkpoint/block page pops up.
    After reading the above comments, to avoid being tempted and trapped and outed later, I am going to leave it.
    I've had 2 Facebook pages for years and have never been required provide a phone number for either page.

I assumed that everyone knows to use different email addresses for each page, but I guess not. I use different email addresses and different browsers to access each page, might make a difference.
    My name is Carol.

I have two separate FB accounts - one male, the other as Amanda - based on two different email addresses. Never any problem. Never had to provide a phone number or anything else. They don't have any friends or groups in common. I never post anything that would raise any flags for review. But lately, I'm caring less and less if they were to "bleed" into each other. I'm already out to my immediate neighbors. The fear in my head was much greater than their reaction - mostly shrugs, after their initial surprise. As for my regular (male) FB acct, if people were to find out, my biggest hesitation would be my two boys whom I haven't told yet but are my FB friends, and some (former) work colleagues. Not really fear with the latter group, but rather not wanting the hassle of explaining myself. I'm moving from that town and rarely there anymore.