Thread: Cross Dressing in Scandinavia

Platinum Member

Cross Dressing in Scandinavia

This may be the second dumbest question ever asked in this forum. (I'm saving the dumbest for a special occasion!): I'm told that women in Scandinavia are quite tall compared to Americans. Has anyone presented as a woman in Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark? And if so, did you feel you fit in?

I've spent time in Norway, Denmark and Finland and can't claim I really noticed women being taller there than on the East Coast of the US. The average person there seemed very slim which may give an impression of height. Maybe.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jennie, it could be an illusion. A friend of mine, who is 6'4" reported that Norwegian women were on average over 6'. I have quite a few nieces ranging from 5'10" to 6'1", so I could believe it. But I guess the only way to know for sure is to visit, as you have!

You can add the Netherlands to your list, along with the northern part of Germany. They grow them pretty tall in those regions as well.

It's therefore no surprise that a disproportionate number of the Supermodels are either from those northern countries (or else their ancestry/ethnicity is rooted there), given the premium placed on height in the modelling field.

Of course, that begs the question: Where are all the Watusi (Tutsi) Supermodels? They come from a people who are said to be the tallest ethnic group in the world.

You know, you have to love the internet -- pretty much any question you can think of has a web page: http://www.averageheight.co/average-...ght-by-country
    If you sort them by height, the top is the Netherlands with an average height of 5 feet 7 inches, which to me is not startlingly tall but YMMV.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

It is of course the average, so compared to the average hight 5' 3.75" US women from the same list, 5' 7" is quite a bit taller .. on average.

So as you walk around town in Raykjavik, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, or in Amsterdam for that matter, will you stand out more or less than in other places, if you are an average hight US T* woman?

The simple answer is that there will be more tall women around you than you would experience if you walk around in Tokio .. on average.

Having spent quite a bit of time in Scandinavia, Iceland and in Holland, it is my experience that I feel that I stand out less because of my hight (5' 11") in those countries than I have felt I did in many other parts of the world.

Your hight is of course only one of many factors to consider if you are looking for countries where it would be easier to fit in as a T* woman. Again it has been my experience that I feel more comfortable in those listed countries (and others) than in some other parts of the world.

- Suzie

I'm a very Nordic looking chick but would probably not pass in Scan! I could at a thin 6' pass as an Aussie chick in Japan, China & Asia in general! So for me it is more comfortable not fitting the stereotype!
    Never been one to fit in though!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"