Thread: A few days of fun!

A few days of fun!

Hi ladies,

So my wife was away for a few days last week largely to give me some Elizabeth time. I was supposed to be completely solo, but as is often the case things popped up and I had family insert themselves into my plans, so I adapted and made the best of things.

My fun started on Thursday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I chose a knee length emerald green wrap dress and nude patent pumps then made my way to a nearby salon for my makeover appointment. I went for a natural look but with false eyelashes and then onward to a nail salon to get my nails done. I was now ready to take on the world.

I spent the afternoon just walking around the city and shopping. I also popped into my favorite wig shop to say hi to the owner and ask her to critique my look. It was kind of nice when it took a moment before she recognized me.

Oddly enough the most exciting thing for me was was when I ventured into a grocery store for a couple of items. This store is busy any time but particularly so at 5:30 in the afternoon when I went in. I was full of confidence and think I did a pretty good job of looking like a woman doing errands on her way home from work. The woman in front of me at the checkout looked at my two items and offered me her spot in line. I just smiled and thanked her but said I want in a rush and I was fine. If she read me she certainly didn't show it.

On Friday I went back for another makeover. This time I was wearing an above the knee bodycon tank dress, shrug and black mid heel pumps. Then I was off to a mall in another city nearby to meet another girl from this site for lunch. Unfortunately she was involved in an accident and obviously couldn't make lunch (she was in drab at the time and wasn't hurt, so it could have been much worse).

I just decided to continue with my day and just enjoy this time. I tried on a few things in some stores and just wandered around enjoying myself.

All this time in heels was getting tiring, so I changed shoes and outfits (flats, jeans and a floral print top) and continued my trek. At one point in a store I dropped my ID and didn't realize it until I heard an elderly woman nearby say something about it. I then approached her to let her know it was mine. She smiled and then did a double take and then returned it to me.

Saturday was supposed to be a full day of dressing including meeting up with a friend from this site for a girls day out, but due to my family visiting ended up being a full day of sheet rocking instead - what a let down. I did manage to carve out a couple of hours late that night to just try a whole bunch of different outfits on so it wasn't a total loss.

Overall this was a great time, I felt more confident than I ever have before and I have to thank my wonderful wife for making this time for me.

Thanks for reading,
    Elizabeth

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a great time, it's always nice to get your girl on and enjoy it.
    Thanks for sharing

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a good time.
    Love&hugs

sounds like you had a great time I hope you took your wife out for a 5 star diner and got her flowers
    hugs
    Ronda

Elizabeth, sounds like a good time! Glad you had a chance to be out and about! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix