Thread: City centre outing

City centre outing

I'm thinking of taking a walk up the high street when I'm in the city next, I've spoken to a local makeup artist who has agreed to give me a proper make over first thing in the morning, this will give me a day in the life of Leanne, I'm getting very excited at the thought of it, I'm a little apprehensive though, I'm "very tall" and do stand out but I've perfected the look I like, very business woman like, I might even carry my laptop case to complete the look, I can walk well in heels and can move very feminine, hopefully in the hustle and bustle of the high st no one will take much notice, I've been out and about before but nothing so bold as this, pink fog I guess lol, wish me luck.

In your profile picture you look gorgeous, so good luck but you won't need it

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Leanne, just own it as they say and you will do great. I understand being tall, I'm also 6"2 and don't wear heels really but being tall might get you a few looks but just shoulders back and smile and you should have a great time

Banned Read only
    Leanne,
    Your makeup looks fine , don't go too OTT with it.
    It's a shame we have to dream up scenarios to make us think we will look convincing.
    I know I keep preaching this but going out socially takes away that problem , on a normal meeting night I dress nicely but in comfort , if it's a theme night then I can have some fun, pink fog goes away because you are among other Cders, no one is going to give you a hard time.

OK it's given me the confidence to go out in the real World , driving dressed has a meaning because I'm going somewhere, last time I picked up two other members of our group and drove to a college holding a pride week . We were invited to support the LGBTG groups and help with students with TG issues .The three of us were obviously expected to arrive dressed and make ourselves available to anyone who may want to discuss TG issues. I wore the leather skirt in my avatar and a short sleeved top with beige heels, the other two were smartly dressed , all three of us were totally accepted without any problems.
    The point I'm making is we were dressed for a purpose , we didn't have to contrive a story to be out dressed we felt natural and comfortable, just a passable level of makeup which took only a few minutes to apply , I still had to wear a wig but the other two have their own hair nicely styled .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.

I can remember when GGs were rarely over 5' 8" and those few who stood over 6' always stood out. Most everyone noticed her height. If she was 'suited out' for a day at the office and then of a night out and had an excellent figure, EVERYBODY took note.
    Women studied her outfit and wardrobe and men admired the whole package.Many men wondered if they could get a date with her and even make it with a woman that tall.
    Since then, the average woman's heights has go up. so If you turn heads, think of it as a form of compliment.
    Oh, I am six feet tall in stocking feet and growing shorter (Old age and a lot of standing will do that to you) and I love wearing my 4" heels.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

cities are so much fun, some even have war ships on display

DSCF0065a.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I walked through town for the first time earlier this year in my 'office' look. I'm also 6 foot, it was very scary but I think people are too busy going about their own business to notice and those that do don't say anything because your encounter with them is very fleeting, here's the video taken from my car https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6E...ew?usp=sharing

Nice video. a smile or two would have been nice. I see that you have mastered the sideways step for going down steps. a skill that many of us with longer feet should use more often.
    I noticed that the elderly couple ignored you, you were just another person on the street.
    See you didn't stand out nor if we dress conservatively, we do NOT stand out.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    Nice video. a smile or two would have been nice.
    I know, I was so nervous and conscious of my surroundings that I forgot to relax. Hopefully I'll get better at it

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    You look lovely in your profile picture, you should blend in perfect. A professional makeover always helps a lot ,have fun wish I could go with you to hang out.
    Good luck.
    Love&hugs

Leanne,

I wish you well in your adventure. The one piece of advice I would offer is, as you're planning for a day as Leanne out and about, choose your heels with care. Walking around the house even for hours is totally different to pounding the pavements. The last thing you want is for sore feet to curtail your time out. A pair of ballet shoes in the handbag as a backup might be a good backup.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Leanne,

I'm about 5'11 and I was out a couple of times last weekend in there inch heels. I'm sure I was read by some but I never encountered and problems or anything remotely negative. I was comfortable and confident in my presentation and had a great time.

Just relax and enjoy!

Elizabeth

Leanne, best wishes for a great time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I've been thinking about the makeup makeover, I might forego it, I don't go over the top with my make up and I get a reasonably good look, perhaps I'll save the money for some shopping lol, not sure when this trip will take place but it'll be within the next couple of weeks for sure.