Thread: A Must See!!

A Must See!!

Last night I had the distinct honor and privilege to attend the world premier of "Exact Change". It is subtitled "A True Story of Boy Meets Girls. Inside One Person." This is the film adaptation of a one woman play performed by the inspirational Christine Howey, all about her life and transition, as she is a transgender woman.

This is the web site for the film: http://exactchangethefilm.com/.

Please keep your eyes out for it. I laughed and cried, often at the same time. I recognized familiar scenarios and feelings that I have had throughout my life. It was so well done I cannot provide the proper adjectives. I can guarantee you will smile in recognition throughout the film.

The evening was pure delight. I got dressed (of course) and was a bit early for seating (as is my MO). While waiting I struck up a conversation with a wonderful couple, both a bit older than me, which carried on for well over an hour as I sat with them during the screening (I usually fly solo when I go out, which allows me to meet new people frequently). They were both cancer survivors and had a TG male in their family. The place was packed and the standing ovation for Christine (as she was there) got me pretty good.

The film is dedicated to raising funds for trans youth and helping many out there to know they are simply not alone.

Anything you can do to support this powerful message would be wonderful, we are all in this together!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I'll second that recommendation. I actually got to see Christine do this live at Fantasia Fair a few years ago. I assume it's the same show. It was extremely powerful, especially watching it in that setting!
    --Emeraude

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds very interesting Kandi so glad you were able to go.
    I'm sure your were dressed so beautifully too

Sounds great and I will keep an eye out for it! Thanks Kandi! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix