Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Many Non-Members Viewing....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Gender mutt of all people you used the excuse In my area people are not accepting.
    I'll bet there are lots of crossdressers within a 50 mile radius of where you life that are out everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Gender mutt of all people you used the excuse In my area people are not accepting.
    I'll bet there are lots of crossdressers within a 50 mile radius of where you life that are out everyday.
    You would have to define lots lol. I know there are some. Mostly younger ones. It is not that it doesn't exist where I am living. But, I am willing to bet that a place, any place that does not have a lot of acceptance is where you would find the most who would like to , wish to, dream of but don't. God knows I was one of them and only a handful of times secretly dressed in the span of about 30 years.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I'm not sure if you can view posts without becoming a member, I think you can.
    The MTF crossdressers forum is open to the public. Some others are for members only which means one would have to become a member and log on to see those posts. Those that aren't public have (members only) on the main forum page.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Could part of the high number of non-members browsing be that some members just browse topics without logging in and then only log in if they see something they'd like to reply to?

It would be nice if our avatars didn't show to non-members. Show them just to "signed-in members". This might make more members comfortable about displaying selfies.
    Maybe show simple cartoon generic icons for the non-logged in visitors.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I am guilty of doing a lot of viewing as a guest, just because I may view the forum on any one of three devices and I may be away from home and using LTE when I view. So I do not always sign in. There may be a lot of members who do this.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

This has been answered before. If you don't save your logon info and set your browser to get logged on automatically, when you just come here to read, you don't get counted as a member. I appear as a guest unless I log on. Besides, the forum logs you off if you don't post anything within a short time. Then you become a guest until you log back in. At least, that's what happens to me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My request/statement is based on doing things that give the members a bit more privacy.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

That's as may be but those who's avatars show themselves are those who are content with how they look and do not mind who sees their picture. In a way if a member wants such security then they do not need to put up a picture of themselves.
    Also I think a majority of non members are visiting the site to find out more about what makes us tick and to help to understand themselves as to where they fit in to our community, maybe others are researching this site for study purposes or something like that.
    Just my thoughts on this one.

[QUOTE=gendermutt;4114911]You would have to define lots lol. I know there are some. Mostly younger ones. It is not that it doesn't exist where I am living./QUOTE]

I think that the smaller the city, the more conformity is expected. I don't know this to be true, it just feels true.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Joyce you would not believe the number of students doing papers that come in here.
    Its easy to sniff them out because they go about it all wrong.
    They lie and try to sneak around the point but its soo obvious what they are doing..
    Your post about lurking students sniffing around the Forum for information gave me pause to think, Traci.
    Do you (or any Members) think that the Wives & SO's "sniff around" this forum to find out about their CD men? Has anyone ever been discovered or "outed" by a disapproving partner finding out about them on the board?

I've told my wife about this website, and tried to explain it to her as a safe place to learn and share; it's not a hook-up site. She accepts that, but I know she'd be concerned about it simply because this is the Internet. She doesn't enjoy secrets and I didn't mind letting her know I was a member of this site. I don't believe she has come onto this website, otherwise she would comment about it.
    But there are also threads on this forum that are quite personal and deep that taken out of context by another reader could easily be misunderstood, especially by someone who doesn't quite "get it" about CD. The girls on this forum share some very personal things that they may not want to address with a spouse UNTIL there's a chance to hash it out with other girls like yourself.

I assume that that this section (M to F CD) is open to causal non-member viewers, and anything posted is fair game. Other forum sections are marked "Members Only", and I believe there is a bit more confidentiality on those threads.

I don't want to get "too careful" or guarded in how I communicate with Members here. But I also don't wish for my SO to read and misunderstand something entirely out of context, and have it lead to a spat.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

[QUOTE=LaurenS;4115017]
    Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    You would have to define lots lol. I know there are some. Mostly younger ones. It is not that it doesn't exist where I am living./QUOTE]

I think that the smaller the city, the more conformity is expected. I don't know this to be true, it just feels true.
    Not always. For example, there's a small resort town in my area that's had a gay community for a long time. Crossdressers aren't uncommon there and are accepted. The exception might be tourists coming through that don't have a clue.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I jumped in with both feet didn't quite know what to expect but I am glad I did and I do have to say thank you to everyone

Leann

We do not need to be so open to visitors / spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    That's as may be but those who's avatars show themselves are those who are content with how they look and do not mind who sees their picture. In a way if a member wants such security then they do not need to put up a picture of themselves.
    Also I think a majority of non members are visiting the site to find out more about what makes us tick and to help to understand themselves as to where they fit in to our community, maybe others are researching this site for study purposes or something like that.
    Just my thoughts on this one.
    IMPO We do not need to be so open to visitors / spectators.
    For those who want to know what makes us tick, they don't need to see our Icons.
    Some people within our membership may forget that presently all the world can see their Avatar in any open forum.
    That is why I am suggesting a generic avatar, or no avatar be used for open sites.
    I, personally, would rather that even the MTF forums/sites be closed.
    Make a Special "'Visitor" forum/site where they can read our rules. general information, explanation of commonly used terms and abbreviations, post their questions and get a link to the application page. Then those of us who want to, can answer their questions.
    I By reading the FAQs you can see what is view-able to the non-members. Many of the items that are open to the public really should be available only to logged in members.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-26-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Do you (or any Members) think that the Wives & SO's "sniff around" this forum to find out about their CD men?
    I have been told by GG's that if your SO suspects ANYTHING unusual, they will happily go through all your stuff to find out what it is. That means belongings, web browsing history, phone contacts/calls, etc.. Curiosity. Some people are simply too insecure, and will look for any signs that something might be, let's say, not quite 'right'. Remember, one of the advantages of marriage for a woman is the high likelyhood of lifetime financial support. Of course, and in 'the manner to which she has become accustomed'. So any threat to that WILL be investigated. As I'm on the verge of retiring, I just found out that my ex could appear out of nowhere, and claim half my pension and social security. So I may not ever be able to retire.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    I agree with Bobbi, I'm not ashamed to show my avatar because the picture is usually based on my last outing so many people have seen me anyway.
    Not all want to get to that situation I know but it is what my dressing is all about, being seen and accepted as a woman after all these years it does feel good.

Helena,
    Many thanks for your comments , I guess nothing is going to stop me now .

The Ascot Ladies Day was good fun but we needed more people shame you couldn't make it, hope to see you in July .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-27-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    IMPO We do not need to be so open to visitors / spectators.
    So we need to lock ourselves away and hide everything about us from the world at large. Lets not let anyone see that we are just regular people that have lives, and worries like everyone else, let them keep thinking that we are weird and perverted because we are so insecure of our selves.

Yep that sure sounds like a great way to gain acceptance from the general public to me ......... NOT!
    Last edited by Paula DAngelo; 06-27-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Joyce , I was a lurker for a couple years before I joined this wonderful forum......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Joyce, it's Scarlett...How can we see that non-members are viewing?

Thanks girl friend and I look forward to your answer...Sincerely Scarlett from NW Florida

Banned Read only
    Scarlett, At the bottom of the page you can see the list of members viewing along with the number of guests, in this section.

Count me as a long time member who usually doesn't take the time to log in. Mostly I just read posts and if I feel that I should respond, like now, I will go ahead and log in. Nothing devious just easier.and, remember not all of us can have our login information saved on the home computer.

Well I finally decided to join instead of lurking for a long time due to this thread, with the added bonus that I can now access the links in members signatures, a lot of those I've been dying to read for ages I wasn't disapointed.

Nice catch, Jamie!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

...and you have been a wonderful contributor, Blue!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Scarlett, just tried to PM you, but your mailbox is out of space!

Lurkers are common on just about all forums. I’d say that is one reason that most of us are using an alias rather than real names. I know it motivated me to use one.

Longtime lurker, first time I've posted. I'm very disappointed on some of the remarks I've read on here. The only way the world is going to become accepting is if we all become more open and inviting into the positive side of crossdressing. We have grown up to be ashamed and hide. Most lurkers are curious, and yet you insult them. Be more inviting, positive, and show some compassion to those who are curious into our lifestyle. While I understand privacy, we need to promote that we are normal people that enjoy wearing feminine attire. Open forums are the best way to do this until courage is built up to do this in the open. I'm sure we all be desire over day to be accepted as normal with a sense fashion.

Sorry for my rant, but most of us lurkers are just curious and wanting to build up the courage to join and fit in.

I am married for over 20 years with 2 kids. I only shared my secret life with my wife 1 year ago. My kids learned about my other side 6 months ago. I could not have done this successfully without lurking in open forums. I have never been happier and hope more people are able to enjoy their life as a crossdresser.