Thread: I have a very understanding, genetic girlfriend.

I have a very understanding, genetic girlfriend.

I visited a small retail store for women's clothing,and when she asked me if I was shopping for my girlfriend, I answered back not really. I picked out a really cute, purple prom dress, and I asked if I could try it on. She said yes, and that she had two other customers that were cross dressers, and she was really accepting about cross dressing. I then tried on several dresses and I ended up purchasing the lovely, purple prom dress. I could not reach the lace up back very well so she suggested that I come out of the tiny dressing room to have her tighten the lacing. She loved how the dress looked on me, and I walked around the shop since there were not any other customers around.

I stopped back into the little shop on Friday, and she was so welcoming, and excited to see me. She had female customers come in and I said that I did not want to create an issue with my dressing. She said that people need to become more accepting of what other people desire to be, and not to worry about it. She said that she has told a couple of her friends about me, and she has one friend that is willing to come over to the shop to let me try on her wigs. We are then going to do a fashion show to let me show off my fashions. She has friends in beauty salons, and I will ask her to find an accepting one to do a complete makeover.

I am finally getting beyond just dressing around the house. For me to be able to go out in public with some accepting women will be my defining moment in cross dressing. Next, I will get up some courage to meet with my fellow cross dressers! I do promise to start taking pictures of my fashions.

Thank you for reading about my new experience.

All the best,

Rebecca

Sounds like you have a new friend

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    It also sounds like the ongoing dream I have! Congratulations on your new friendships and on getting out and being open!!

My, aren't you the lucky girl! Congratulations on finding such a supportive friend, and one who works in a women's clothing store, no less. Definitely a good pick, Rebecca. So now you've got clothes, and soon to be wigs, covered. Shoes, accessories, and make up. Time to get to work. LOL.

Sounds like you have found a treasure! Certainly a relationship to cultivate.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Upward and onward! Sounds great! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Rebecca, hat is nice and to have her as a girlfriend. . Hope to see pictures of you.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    When I was young back in the early 60s I was buying a pretty set of lingerie. The sales girl who was about my age was very helpful. At one point she said, Everyone should enjoy wearing beautiful lingerie. Don't you think so? As we talked it was obvious she was interested in me and wasn't buying the lingerie was for someone else. I had a girlfriend at the time. Often wondered what if I had asked her out.

Very cool you such a great experience.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Good Morning!

Thank you for all of your wonderful, and uplifting comments. My new friend is so open minded towards cross dressing, and all other forms of self expression. She told me that her Father, who is close to my age (50+) has pierced ears so I should not be shy about having mine pierced. She is such a motivated person with a strong personality. She knows so many women who could possibly change the course of my mundane dressing habits. She has me on a list for clothing in my sizes, so I expect to spend much more time in her store. I told her that I like to spend money just like the GG women do.

It was a chance that I took to walk into her little store, and it could end up being a life changing experience for me. It has been such a long road of being an introverted cross dresser, and now it is up to me to build new relationships with this young lady, and her friends.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Rebecca

Silver Member
    Very nice story. I'm glad you feel so free to enter a dress shop and try things on. It really is that easy, isn't it?
    For a long time, I have gotten the impression that female SA'S not only tolerate crossdresssing customers, dressed or drab, but LIKE us. I have a few thoughts on why, but mainly we behave like their best female cuustomers while we're there.

Hi Rebecca, would love to know where this store is as I also live in Connecticut.

Rebecca
    That is great that you have someone to go to now and get you going to be truly you

Leann

i agree we do need more stores like this across the country...I had one in Long Island but here they know and make like they don't know.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Sounds like the perfect shopping trip to me!

Rebecca,
    Thanks for your post. This is so wonderful and uplifting to hear. It's nice to meet supportive people and even better when they are able to help bring out our inner beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Page View Post
    Rebecca,
    Thanks for your post. This is so wonderful and uplifting to hear. It's nice to meet supportive people and even better when they are able to help bring out our inner beauty.
    Christina,

It is a wonderful feeling to meet accepting, and supportive people to help us to embrace our inner femininity. I feel so free and at ease when I see her.

Have a lovely, 4th of July holiday.

That is awesome.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Good for you Rebecca you go girl and enjoy life hun.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Good for you Rebecca you go girl and enjoy life hun.
    Angie
    Angie,
    Thank you!

To be able to openly express my femininity is a beautiful, and fulfilling part of my life. The support on this forum has changed my life forever.

Love,

Rebecca