Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frilly Dresses ! Are Women to Blame ?

Aspiring Member
    It's definitely the way my brain is hardwired. It just releases the feel good neurotransmitters when I crossdress.

If it was due to wearing frilly dresses in our youth then half of the world would be crossdressers. In the schools I attended in my youth we had womenless beauty pageants, and pep rallies with skits that had lot of crossdressing. My friends sometimes crossdressed for Halloween or just on a dare. Crossdressing was just a joke to them. However, as far as I know, I was the only one who is a real crossdresser.

Fair point confucius but you really don't know. I went to all boys boarding school and had to play girls parts in the plays. The teachers wives had no idea that by then I was way enjoying wearing their dresses and slips. I wonder how many of my classmates continued to wear dresses after the plays were over

I had read somewhere, that men who have feminine traits,has them because something tramatic happened to the mother during pregnancy, releasing extra hormones into the child. It makes alot of sense to me, since i like all things girly, she told me growing up, that a week before i was born, my parents had a car accident and my mother hit her head, went into labor, but at the hospital they stopped her labor. I was born a week later and can remember as early as 5 or 6 wearing my moms pantyhose and bathing suits.
    Is this the reason i cd,, couldn't truthfully answer that, but could the mother transfer hormones to a fetus during a stressful time,, quite possible. Just my 2 cents. Michelle

Platinum Member
    One might argue that all of pregnancy is a stressful time. We humans tend to see patterns and correlations which is a helpful thing, except that we also see patterns and correlations where none exist. the rule of small numbers applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle D View Post
    I had read somewhere, that men who have feminine traits,has them because something tramatic happened to the mother during pregnancy, releasing extra hormones into the child.
    Are you speaking of physical traits, or desires. Yes, there are transsexuals (people who at a young age, know they are not the sex their parents think they are), but there are also non-transsexuals (people who grow up as boys, never questioning their sex until they develop overwhelming desires to wear female clothing, most of whom find it highly arousing for a period of time after puberty).
    Reine

For whatever reason you try girls clothing most people are hooked , you might as well enjoy it because their is no stopping it

Agree.. I think that the variety, designs, colors open up another world to explore... so might as well enjoy!
    Last edited by NikkiS; 06-26-2017 at 02:47 PM.

I guess for me the reasons are important ! Why can other boys wear silly dresses and panties and have it have no affect on them at all ? I don't think women realize just how lucky they are ! They wear pants all the time but don't seem to feel different dolled up in a party dress and heels !

A great irony is the fact that most CDs have no discernible feminine traits. If having feminine traits caused crossdressing or AGP, then the people most likely to do it would be effeminate gay men. Yet, there is no evidence that is true. There's drag, of course, but drag is mostly about making fun of the stereotype that effeminate gay men really want to be women and of gender stereotypes in general. I remember trying to explain to my wife that I did this thing to express my inner woman or some sort of feminine side and I thought she was going to choke on her tuna sandwich. She informed me that there was nothing feminine about me whatsoever. I was the antithesis of femininity. She couldn't believe I was so deluded. This comes from someone who finds crossdressing and role play in the bedroom to be good wholesome kinky fun but probably only because I am so unbelievable as a woman. And when the pink fog lifted, I could finally see that she was correct. I am aroused by the idea of being feminine and that arousal was greater the more I could delude myself that it was a reality. So this is "just a fetish" but in the same way that being gay is "just a fetish." In other words it's a sexual orientation. It's not one that I would have chosen but it's all I've got. There is no question in my mind that it originated in emasculation trauma. In my case a lot worse than just being dressed up and laughed at. But I suppose that might be enough for some people. Repetition compulsion (http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/) is not some hair-brained idea like crossdresser genes. Emasculation trauma can take many forms. Sometimes it's just anxiety about the unrealistic expectations that masculinity places on the average male. Of course not everyone who experiences emasculation trauma will become a CD, just like not every girl who is sexually abused will grow up to be a prostitute. But a disproportionate number will.

Silver Member
    Like Rene said, what you mother did was cruel. Could it have caused you to be a dresser? Possibly. Our sexual identity is shaped young, it probably didn't help.

There were some studies years ago about head trauma and an onset of opposite gender interests and identity. In my case, given the head trauma I received being beaten by my father, it does make some sense in my specific case.

Of course, doing research on the cause of trans is going to be mired in and encumbered by politics on both sides. We may never know one way or another due to vested interests on both sides, and the dominant PC-at-all-costs culture we live in.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 06-26-2017 at 03:18 PM.

A great irony is the fact that most CDs have no discernible feminine traits.
    But maybe some of us believe we do even if we don't! Believing something that isn't a proven fact is kind of like hypnosis.

I received a few fem messages from my mom when I was young.
    A couple of examples: I have a mole on my leg. My mom said it's a beauty mark instead of calling it a mole. Plus, my legs have always been thin and lacking hair. By the time I was 30 years old I realized that I don't have girl's legs, but they aren't very masculine either.

My mom took my measurements and mentioned that my chest was too small, that it was more like the size of a girl's chest. That also made me think I lacked masculinity.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Cant say it is their fault, as I put on my sisters bikini at an early age and loved every minute of it. Nylon/Satin panties are still my favorite today.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why the swishing and prancing?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    ... for tryouts for a part in the musical "Oklahoma" silly girl !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Why the swishing and prancing?
    OMG ! LOL I don't think even a normal guy can put on a frilly dress and not feel compelled to do a bit of prancing, swishing and spinning.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have worn lots of dresses and pretty sure I never had the urge to prance (whatever that is LOL) swish or spin.
    Maybe its just me I don't know but if you love doing that then by all means do it.

When I was a child, I often played at a neighbors house where 2 boys lived. One day I found myself playing with their younger sister in the basement while her brothers were upstairs. She pulled out a dress and asked me to put it on. It was white and very frilly with lots of crinoline. I put it on and felt excited and pretty, like a princess or a bride. It was my first time crossdressing and it felt good! It was the only time we did that together but it made an impression.

Banned Read only
    I spent an enormous amount of mental energy trying to get the girls across the street with whom I played to dress me up like a girl. Sadly, never happened. Darn.

I had to do it the old fashioned way - stealing stuff. My mother was quite puzzled at my little stash of clothes she discovered when I was a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I spent an enormous amount of mental energy trying to get the girls across the street with whom I played to dress me up like a girl. Sadly, never happened. Darn.

I had to do it the old fashioned way - stealing stuff. My mother was quite puzzled at my little stash of clothes she discovered when I was a kid...
    Paula Where did you grow up ? In San Francisco we had nothing better to do so the girls were always dressing boys up in truth or dare or for losing at Spoons

I'm in the 'it's inside first camp'. in my case I found and then wore my sister's underwear as a 3-4 yr old, so happy to have found my right underwear. Then proceeded to share that news with my parents. My dad said' you want to dress like a girl? We'll dress you up like a girl and put you out on the doorstep to be laughed at!" I remember thinking, "Why is he talking about girl's clothes as such a high tension item? I 'm not wearing girls' clothes, just their better underwear!" It aroused my curiosity, but I withdrew into the closet and began maintaining a private secret world, with emotional distance from everyone that I am just now getting over. I felt it all inside, and nothing others said or did changed how I felt inside. I only gradually found girl's clothes attractive or useful. That accelerated with the arrival of nylon and the sensual extravagance, and puberty, when I was jealous of the sexy outfits girls could wear. Asking girlfriends to let me wear their dresses resulted in skeptical cool reactions, but it didn't change how I felt.
    We are all beautiful...!