Thread: practiced telling my full story

Aspiring Member

practiced telling my full story

All,

A rare post. Be kind.

While visiting Alaska a couple weeks ago, I attended a Unity of Anchorage service. My pastor/teacher here in Houston told me of her classmate, the current Anchorage pastor. The service was wonderful, and grounding for me. Afterwards, I visited with the pastor, and told her my entire story of gender fluid dysphoria, Spiritual quest and such. She received me with curiosity, patience, love and acceptance and made some insightful comments that are helpful including: "you need to take more risk". She invited me to use her as a "spiritual mentor and tool" and I will. One goal is to bring more T knowledge into the Unity movement. She asked some superb questions and I think I helped her understand the M to F spectrum a bit more. The sharing was personally meaningful and healthy for me. Practicing telling my story also helps me clarify who I really am.

I feel I am making progress at my own pace. A visit to Portland is planned in August for a full transformation and several days soaking in Gina.

Sounds like a great growth experience and a new resource

Platinum Member
    I'm interested in learning why she felt you needed to take more risks. Any thoughts on that?

Good for you Gina. Sometimes talking things out does bring some clarity. Best of luck on your travels

Sounds good! Making progress is a good thing as long as it is at your pace! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I'll second the question, why she felt you need to take more risks. Is she a thrill seeker or something?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My advice for what it's worth is don't take any risk! it's never worth it, yes tell if you want to but careful who you tell. You never want it to get to the wrong ears such as being ostracised because of bigotry within an association. My outing and how I have gone about is working well.

Aspiring Member
    Gently I respond with a quiet smile: I am not asking for advice. Nor will I answer questions unless I choose to answer.

My journey is my own unique path. Much of that remains private.

Well, that's an open and shut case... thanks for sharing?
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Gina,
    You don't want advice and you will not answer questions unless you want to. What do you want? As has been said clearly an open and shut case.
    I guess we need to shut this thread good and proper!!

I take it you are not talking about physical risk, but spiritual and emotional. I'm glad you came away with a positive experience.

Congratulations. Your experience seems to be a wonderful one and allows you to pursue your faith as well as your dressing. Wonderful

Would that be a Gina and tonic? Sorry, sense of humor got loose again.

Aspiring Member
    Laura,

More of a gin martini, pretty dry...touch of Vermouth and Spanish olives...humor is great! Thanks for a kind reply!
    Last edited by ginapoodle; 06-25-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo

Gina
    go at your own pace only you know what that is and have a great time

much love

Leann

Aspiring Member
    Leann,

Much thanks, and by the way I will wave at you the coming 12 days...going home to SW Colorado...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapoodle View Post
    Gently I respond with a quiet smile: I am not asking for advice. Nor will I answer questions unless I choose to answer.

My journey is my own unique path. Much of that remains private.
    Well said, Gina. Follow your own star.

Laura, I'll have mine shaken, not stirred.

Ineke