Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical attributes

Physical attributes

Do you have any physical characteristics about which you have always felt embarrassed or ashamed in male mode but which are an advantage when presenting as a female? Do these new advantages make you more confident and more content with your body?

The little that I have which is advantageous for femme mode does not embarrass me in male mode. I'm actually happy to have them: surprisingly low body hair, thin(ish) legs, thin(ish) waist, actual cheek bones... .

However, in the other direction, I have shoulders of mass destruction that can wipe the stock value of a fine china shop in under 30 seconds . I can't claim to be embarrassed about them because I actually still work on them. I have been told that I need to cover them up when en femme. I understand that, and I do most of the time, but sometimes, I just don't . When I am in male mode, which is statistically about 97% of the time, although my face is what it is, I want the body to be up to standard compared to most other males in the vicinity. Not that I covet attention, but if I can't feel good by being en femme, then I want to at least make what I have been landed with, look as reasonable as possible .

What about you, Lucy? It would be interesting for you to provide your answer to your OP question.
    Last edited by Lydianne; 06-25-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Being short and slim. Always the smallest kid in class, that type of stuff. But now it's easy to buy dresses

Man boobs. I've had them since puberty. Growing up they were and still are a source if shame. On the other hand it feels wonderful when I put on a bra

I'm with Fiona...a little embarrassing in my youth, but now they settle into my Playtex b cup underwire bra quite nicely. A couple silicone "chicken breasts" add a little extra touch.

I'd have to say my arms. They've always been kind of skinny.

Platinum Member
    I always expected that one day I'd have a thick beard, hairy arms and legs. Didn't turn out that way. Its not really a source of embarrassment, and makes the task of presentation just a little easier. But my stature, bone structure, musculature really work in the other direction.

Yes, i never feel good in male mode as i am short & skinny. My arms are like knotted string.
    I also used to be embarrased about being less than well endowed somewhere else, but i guess it makes tucking so much easier!
    However my wife really likes my slim legs & small behind.
    I now realise that having this physique turns out to be a blessing in disguise....
    Last edited by Krea; 06-25-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Not embarrassed about but a detriment for sure was and still is my height. Only 5'-7" my tallest to date, grew 2" over the last 40 yrs.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Kim,

I assume you're addressing the greatest CD attribute.

Dear, you pierced one of the sources of my great childhood angst. I was thinking about this (again) the other day, and it seems the central question of my Life has been "Why can't I be like the other boys?" As a small child I never quite realized how or why I felt different. I just knew I was.

But one of the key features was my physical development. I always lagged behind the other boys my age, and when puberty arrived the results were disappointing. I have always been very lightly haired and bearded. Pubic hair didn't magically appear until after I received my drivers license. Back in The Day (60s), daily gym class was required, with gym uniforms AND.... mandatory showers in the locker room's open shower. Walking my scrawny naked body around a locker room of (hairy) developed boys was a daily self-esteem nightmare.

I didn't shave until I was 18, and even then it was only to mop up a few scraggly hairs. I never had and never will have sideburns; another source of great anxiety and a constant reminder that I wasn't "as good" as the other boys. I always attributed it to a lack of testosterone; something that someone "trying" to be a man would never want to admit in those days.

Hell, I had one friend at age16 who had to shave his shoulder blades and had one eyebrow that crossed his forehead. I lived with a face so barren, the Taliban would stone me. And it always bothered me greatly....... UNTIL, later in life when I finally figured that shaving was actually a massive nuisance in terms of personal maintenance. At this point in my life and with my own personal CD awakening, I feel blessed to still have a light beard that requires little or no beard cover.
    Mountain Man Hat-FC.jpeg

By the time I could grow a beard (took 3 months), I've found I no longer care to have one. (Old Mountain Man photo)
    Last edited by IleneD; 06-25-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm 5'8'' and have always been rather slim, so not very manly (though I can certainly live with it), but good for CDing.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Never embarrassed, but I have a round bum, and in some instances in photos my face looked a little fem (when younger for sure). I always had a relatively thin figure, and still only wear pants that are only two inches bigger than when I was in high school. The thinner body always made it easy to look decent in a dress or tight jeans. My thighs still look decent too. I like how those things can look in female clothes. My height is 5'9" so not short, but not tall. I've never been self-conscious of how they look in male mode. It's a good balance.
    Last edited by laura.lapinski; 06-25-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Aspiring Member
    For the longest time I was super skinny and I had the skinny broomstick arms of an adolescent schoolgirl. Girls would tell me that they wished they had my hands (long thin fingers). I still get comments about my feminine hands.

Banned Read only
    I have always carried my weight low and had muffin tops before they were cute.

I always hated them, even when all the young chubby girls were wearing low rise jeans.

I really like the fact that hi-rise jeans are coming back, no more muffin tops.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    Man boobs. I've had them since puberty. Growing up they were and still are a source if shame. On the other hand it feels wonderful when I put on a bra
    Pretty much sums it up! I enjoy them now that i shave'em

When I was a teen and I would wear short pants in the neighborhood, all the girls would say " I had pretty legs". At the time I wanted to fit in with all the other guys, but I was the only one being told I had pretty legs.
    I still have those girly legs and I love to show them off. Even my daughter says she wishes she had my legs. I just wish the rest of me looked that girly.

So true. I have always hated being skinny and small for a boy and man( 5"8"). And now i have lost some height down to 5' 7". So I have to lose a bit of weight to stay in proportion. However--its really nice to be able to fit into a size 10 dress--sometimes even a size 8, if I wear my corset. 144 pounds. Passable if you don't look close. Been retired 6 years.
    Contradictory, I know, but in the last few years I have been lifting weights. Got my arms up to about 16 inches around at the biceps.

For me Man boobs. Was tough growing up with them now love them Have had all the hair lazered off and I love them smooth and lucky me my loves them to.

Yes, Lucy Long Legs. I have long, almost feminine shaped legs. And in male mode, it has bothered me, but not when i am dressed as Alice.

Sure. Light hair, sparse beard, significant boobage, much smaller than average genitals for my size,
    But no, none of that makes me able to pass as a girl. Perhaps before I reached puberty, but no longer. Despite the above, I also am six foot four, built like a football lineman, have giant hands and feet, and a 21" neck. So, no, unfortunately the few feminine characteristics don't outweigh the overwhelming male ones. This reality was one of the things that deterred me from even considering transitioning back when I was young enough to do it; I'd never be able to be even an average looking girl. I'd be Princess Fiona, a giant female ogre. No thanks. I've already spent an entire childhood looking ugly. I didn't want to spend my whole life being awful looking.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I have delicate, beautiful arms and hands. My wife complimented me on them several times. Downside is hair on arms though. Small hands are an issue riding motorcycles, but I built strength up tremendously with exercises and actual riding.

Killer eyes too, I mean Elizabeth Taylor style. My daughters both inherited and yeah wow when professionally made up.

Not that many parts of me are very feminine, but with a little pushing and squeezing and a pair of cutlets I can fill a c or d cup with decent cleavage

Legs. Long, slender & firm.

I've been told by some admirers
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

My man boobs. Although as I loose weight they are getting smaller.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have no shame for my body, In fact my body has kind of made me into a bit of a narcissist.