Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would you go to a LGBT Pride event?

Silver Member
    I went to the animal fair
    All the birds and beasts were there.
    everything from leather bear to gender queer. Amazed at the number and variety of people, and the number of parents and children.
    Of course work had a marching contingent, as did my wifes work. But I did not go with them as I'm not THAT out. Didn't see anyone I didn't want to see, plus since I was dressed, it would have been unlikely to be recognized.

Yeah, I also spent my day working the crossport booth I will start another thread about it. Please share your observations.
    Quote Originally Posted by valerieg View Post
    I spent half of last Saturday (the 17th) at a local Pride festival manning the booth for our local support group (St Louis Gender Foundation). Go dressed to whatever degree makes you happy that day. There was no point on the spectrum that wasn't touched by someone walking by our booth.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 06-26-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Go!! Dressed if you can, but go! At the very least, it will build your confidence enormously and give you a sense of belonging; I think one of the biggest problems we have is the fear that we are alone and there is no one who will understand or sympathize and this is proof that this is not the case. It's very uplifting to see that you're not alone.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    Jackues,
    Our social group was approached by Boston college to represent the TGs in their Pride week, I asked if I could join them , it was an ideal opportunity to go out dressed and hopefully give something back. I picked the other two members up and drove through the town to the college. I wore the leather skirt in my avatar with a short sleeved cowl neck top and took beige heels to change into. We walked across the car park and met the organiser in the main reception , she showed us where we could set up shop and then showed us around and took us to the coffee shop for a drink.
    It was a great experience to be out dressed all day obviously knowing people would look because we were representing the CD community. We spent much of the day talking to the organiser, sadly no one came forward to chat with us but I will definitely do it again . The other two members covered the Friday when more people turned up I think they had a good day.

It's one time when discrimination is hopefully thrown out the window, we didn't have any problems, but then we were expected to dress as representatives .

No, I am strongly against the LGBT as a concept.

I am not against people being L-G-B or T.

A couple of years ago I went to the San Francisco gay pride parade with a gg friend. I wore a satin, polka dot blouse with tan slacks a d Mary Jane flats, of course with forms, wig and makeup. I was one of the normal people! There were so many flavors of everything I blended in like I didn't even exist! One gg girl grabbed my arm a d said I looked beautiful, which made me feel fantastic, but also made me feel like I didn't blend.

When I had to go to the bathroom, I stood in line with at least 20 other women and not one seemed to care or notice. Given the chance, I would love to go again and would feel extremely normal, given the fringe which attend the SF Gay Pride parade!

This time last year I was in San Francisco on holiday and went to the Pride Parade in Market Street. Sadly, as I was on holiday, I only had male clothes with me as otherwise I think I would have gone dressed. A great day and I found everyone involved to be so friendly. There appeared to be a lot of crossdressers taking part - some like me not at all convincing - so I don't think I would have felt out of place.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-28-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire preceding post
    Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello,
    have you ever been to a Pride event? Are Crossdressers welcome? Would you go dressed?
    luv J
    um-m-m
    hello.
    No, I've never been.
    As far as I know, SURE.
    Would I go dressed? Here's where it gets difficult for me...
    In my current situation (married to a barely tolerant SO), I couldn't go anyway - at least not without starting a war that I don't want or need. But let's say I got my kitchen pass, would I go? I just don't know. If I went, I would naturally have to be dressed, since that's who I am. BUT I tend to be very shy, retiring - the wallflower type. I'd be so busy worrying about people looking at me, or guessing if I'm "real", or whatever that I'd probably have a hard time enjoying myself. Not that it really matters, but that's how I'm wired.

Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    No, I am strongly against the LGBT as a concept.
    What does that mean? Please explain.

yes and it was one of the best experiences I have had. It was a dance at a local hall, the Lavender orchestra LGBTQ ball. It was my first time out in public. The first person I met knew me but not that I was CD, she said that I would find it very friendly and I did. There were a few people there who I knew and we just said hello. There have been no negative repercussions, I just feel better in myself.
    Robbie

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I go to several Prides each year. They are celebrating diversity and reminding people it is OK to be proud of who you are.

There are all sorts of people who attend and I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid at a cross dresser in fact I'm sure I have met some at these events.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

hello all,
    many thanks for your replies,
    luv J

Yes, I have attended the Manchester Sparkle event for a number of years. It's a great day out, and not that far from East Yorkshire.

No. For some strong personal reasons that I will not discuss here. If it was over 200 miles away I might.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

my wife and I went last year to the event in Charlotte. we went just to go downtown and experience the event. I was not dressed as amanda that day but I would really like to go as amanda this year just to experience from Amanda's side! it would make for a wonderful late birthday present! although wife is fully supportive of me and my crossdressing she is hesitant for me to go out as amanda!

1st National Pride in UK is in East Yorkshire soon.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Went to one, but the politics (outside of gender issues) turned me way off.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I have never been to a pride event,but yeah I will be in full femme if I ever have the opportunity to attend a pride event.
    I'm a woman hear me roar

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    1st National Pride in UK is in East Yorkshire soon.
    What about Leeds?
    Cheerio

Yes, I would go and have been to pride events before. I also went fully dressed up and really enjoyed myself.

I've gone to Pride events, and gay rights rallies too, but never in any persona other than my straight male identity. Just a straight male who supports equal rights for everyone, and who happens to have some gay friends. All of that is mostly true, except that maybe there's a little dollop of bisexuality in me, and that over many years, I did a lot of dressing up as female. If I were still an active dresser, I don't know if I'd have the ... the ... [can I say "balls" here?] I don't know if I'd have the you-know-whats to do it. Times are changing, and it's getting easier for "girls" like us to be upfront about who we are, but I still don't know if I would have the nerve to out myself, even though I'm more than willing to give a little support to my gay brothers and sisters.

Like Lori, I have attended Pride and LGBT support rallies but never dressed en femme. I'm not out, mostly, so that is just not an option.

Well in the UK you have plenty of choice to attend pride events.

According to Stonewall there are 33 events in the UK this year.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I never have gone to any, but I totally would.
    Though I already go out in public all dolled up solo, I would prefer some company in order to go en femme to such an event with so many people around.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Ah-May-Lee
    I do things on my own. Go out on my own. Except for going to a concert in the past I don't really like large crowds.

Nowadays I love being alone.
    Last edited by Amelie; 07-04-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I had planed to attend the event in Amarillo this year, but
    a friend I had planed on going with could not make it. Maybe next
    time .

Jean Ann

Banned Read only
    Shelly,
    It was a lovely twist that our group was asked to represent the TGs at the Boston college pride week, being dressed all day and meeting people was a great experience , sadly not many took the advantage to come forward, but I will do it again if asked.