Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would you go to a LGBT Pride event?

would you go to a LGBT Pride event?

hello,
    have you ever been to a Pride event? Are Crossdressers welcome? Would you go dressed?
    luv J

I have not, but I wish that I was out enough that I could. It would be nice if I had a companion to go with.

My impression is pride events are accepting of all who fall under the very broad lgbtq spectrum including crossdressers.

Hey Jacques,

Not only are there girls here that will go to a pride event, the ones in Texas will throw their own. Check the thread started today in the picture section about the Houston GNO. At the prompting of my girlfriends I scheduled the event but, because of major life changing decisions I am facing, I had to pull up short.

I regretted not being able to go because several of the girls need close supervision. However, none of them got arrested so all is well. Lol

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Of course they do.
    I went last year in 50/50 mode and saw quite a few of my CD friends all dressed up.
    Go and have a good time.

Good to hear. I also have been wanting to go myself. Just haven't been able to muster the courage to. I always had the impression that such events cater mostly for L/G/B and not so much for TG/CD

ANYONE is welcome at an LGBT event! ANYTHING is worn. Go.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    I'll bet you are more worried about being seen by someone you know at a pride event.
    Come on be honest.

I've been to the local one here. I'd be tempted to go dressed up, but depends on if I can get somebody to drive me to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    However, none of them got arrested so all is well.
    Well... we try.

Jacques,
    Everybody is welcome at a Pride event. Last Friday night wasn't an organized affair (aside from small groups like ours), but it was a celebration of the whole LGBTQ community, plus some individuals that I'm pretty sure there is no letter for. The T people are outnumbered, but it just doesn't matter.

Go and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'll bet you are more worried about being seen by someone you know at a pride event.
    Come on be honest.
    Nope. I could barely identify myself with full make up and hair on. I'm just not comfortable having male voice.

Banned Spammer
    Katie most of the CDs I know and trans people use their regular voices.
    The voice is not a big deal at a pride event it really doesn't matter.
    Just soften your regular voice and you should be fine if you feel more comfy about it.

I used my male voice at the MAC counter! No tar or feathers! No pitchforks! No burning at the stake! The techs had no reaction at all and acted as if I had spoken in a feminine voice! No problem! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I've been to Pride once in Texas (Austin) and once in Oregon (Eugene), and am looking forward to Eugene's next Pride event, which will be in August. Always went in full femme,and had a blast. Very accepting, even for the CD/Trans folk whose voice didn't match presentation. Usually at least a few tables doing outreach for local trans/CD resources and groups.

I went to my first pride parade last year and totally loved it. Of course, I saw a lot of other T girls there, walking in the parade and milling around in the crowd. The support was fantastic. It was awesome to see all the religious groups marching and welcoming anyone and everyone to their church. Even the one protestor who was babbling on his megaphone about how everyone was going to hell made me laugh because he was such a doofus and people proudly showered him in candy and glitter. I absolutely can't wait for the next one!
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Katie most of the CDs I know and trans people use their regular voices.
    The voice is not a big deal at a pride event it really doesn't matter.
    Just soften your regular voice and you should be fine if you feel more comfy about it.
    Thanks for the assurance, ladies (+ Lana & Ceera). I'll give it a shot when there's one near me =)

Banned Spammer
    If your voice is keeping you from going out among the public all I can say is girl don't worry about go out and just be yourself.

Pride

Thoughts...
    1) Just when I finally worked up enough spirit since last year to be finally out and wanting to go to NYC Pride events today, I got stuck at work on back to back shifts, and couldn't make it. Aiming for next year.
    2) I concur with Lana Mae. I have been out shopping and interacting in public several times since 2014, no chance to even remotely change my voice without sounding ridiculous. So I simple used my normal, everyday regular voice which happens to be male. No one cared or said anything. It's not like I was really fooling them anyway. At least at stores, they just want your money. Be calm and just own it. Seriously. The more nervous or awkward you feel, the more of that you will get in return. Mirror neurons - google it.
    3) Ellie -- I would like to be showered in candy and glitter one day. (Without having to be bigoted to do so.
    A-

I spent half of last Saturday (the 17th) at a local Pride festival manning the booth for our local support group (St Louis Gender Foundation). Go dressed to whatever degree makes you happy that day. There was no point on the spectrum that wasn't touched by someone walking by our booth.
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.

My wife and I dolled up, collected an old friend (gg age 85 with her floral walker,), went to Pride in NYC and marched near the head of the parade, I'll be posting more pix in the photos section later today. We had a blast, got a lot of cheers from the crowd as we ambled along. I can heartily recommend pride events for everyone, a totally lovely event. Mods I have photo permission from my wife and our pal to post their images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jackie7; 06-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    We have a huge Pride event here in Manchester, I would go dressed if circumstances allowed, at the moment they don't.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

As a Crossdresser I personally would not be anywhere near a LGBTIQ+ event,
    I'm a crossdresser (I do really like another Guy, That's awkward)
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Haven't been yet, but I would go and enjoy the day.
    Missed it this past weekend. We had plans and didn't realize the parades were scheduled for Sunday.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

yes I would go as a supporter of our community, its about time everybody knew properly that we are here harmless and not some sort of sexual threat to people.

I am a bit of an individualist, and loner, and do not like "group think". I would not go, or feel right.

I'm not out, and don't want to be. So, no. I understand that anyone can go, and that it wouldn't necessarily 'paint' me as gay, CD, TG, etc.. But just being there would make some suspicious, and I really don't want to have to deal with that and the potential ramifications, to me there's simply no up side.
    To me, I'm quite valuable as an 'outsider' who supports all the 'other' folks who live the life outside the gender norms. It's easier to demonstrate acceptance and be a role model, than to try to argue for it as one of the people who are affected.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.