Thread: Changing Demographics

Silver Member

Changing Demographics

So I worked the crossport booth most Saturday. We had quite a few people stop by. What really stood out to me was the number of young people identifying as trans. We saw almost as many trans-men as trans-women stopping in for information. Several mom's with trans children/teens, an Aunt as well. All looking for more information. Questions about doctor and ID. Seems like we could use a few more Docs. Another thing we need more of is well run and advertised support groups.

In observation of the crowd, it was interesting to see the mix. For members here that do the full dude in a dress, I saw dozens of "bearded ladies", so take heart.

hey meghan,

not sure what the crossport booth is at my p-flag group trans meetings i stopped counting FtM at 50 im the anomaly,
    p-flag is national and well organized, the wealth of info and resources available is astounding. having family and friends allies sit with us is what drew me to them.

curious.....did any of the youth pass....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Okay, now I'm lost, What is crossport, and what is p-flag, and how large are these groups? Interstate, one location? Thanks.

http://www.crossport.org/ : looks local to meghans stomping grounds
    https://www.pflag.org/ : pflag is national...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Silver Member
    Yeah, Crossport is local to Cincy, but we get people from Dayton to Lexington and Louisville and Columbus occasionally.

Crossport has been around since the mid 80s. Cincy, for all its reputation as being conservative, is one of the most trans supportive cities in the country, in large part due to the UC medical school and more than one support group. Sadly some cities have none. A number of visitors from Dayton had complaints about the lack of resources close to home.

Banned Read only
    Meghan,
    We were asked to make a representation at a pride week for the LGBTG community, three of us went dressed, but many appeared reluctant to come forward. Even so it was a good experience to go out into the community , in this case a college in Boston, Lincolnshire, UK. ( Yes it is where they sailed from heading to a new life in the New World !)

We were well received without a single problem, it would have been nice to meet students with any questions, I would do it again without hesitation, if I can give something back for the help I've received .

Hey Meggie, thanks for representing! Crossport is very impressive. How were you presenting at the booth? Dapper dude, hot babe or somewhere in between? If as a dude, did folks ask to see photos of you dolled up? Hugs, Michelle

Silver Member
    Michelle,

I was definitely dressed to impress. My hummingbird dress from dress barn. A tiny bit more formal, but actually quicker dressing and cooler in the long run than my more casual look. I did get a few compliments from various ladies, and a gent or two.

Either way, I was going to be the eye candy at the booth. Funny though, my wife was a bit miffed when I got home. "I see you've been shopping again". First off, I bought the dress I January. Second off, she has indicated that she doesn't want to see. WTF? DADT kind of implies I'm not going to show you all my stuff, unless you WANT to know.