Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help tearful

Kelly mentioned some, but I'll add in more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSecret View Post
    If you have the opportunity then being able to discuss is a great way to help unburden any pent up anxiety.
    ^this. Often, we are able to control our feelings, until something else stresses us out. Was there some recent change in your life? Something that got you upset? Or do you just feel like this has kept building over time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity666 View Post
    If you're dealing with depression then I can't stress this enough: Seek professional help.
    Qualifier here, you need to seek out someone who deals with gender identity issues. Many regular therapists can actually make you feel worse. I've been through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Please remember that cross dressing does not cause depression.
    Well, not directly, but because of the associated problems that go along with it. Feelings of isolation, feelings of being inadequate as a man are VERY common, as we're expected to maintain self control, and to the world, not giving in to our desire to dress up as a girl is something we're expected to keep under control. So when we do it, we usually feel at least a little like a failure in that regard. Then add in the social problems of dealing with being suspected of being gay, the general feeling that no woman ever wants us, and you have the situational depression which is hard to overcome, because as long as you can still think, and know what's causing you to be unhappy, you'll still be unhappy. This is a flaw in the mental health professions; if there's a good reason that you're depressed, simply trying to correct a chemical imbalance won't necessarily help at all. They can relieve some of the anxiety, but the depression? That may stay. So you need to seek out a therapist to talk with regularly, not just give you a prescription for medications. Sometimes you may need to see someone every day for a while. If they aren't willing to do that to get you over the immediate overwhelming problem, you'll need to find someone else. I've always found it odd that the 12 step programs which are so successful, and suggest something about 100 meetings in 100 days, are ignored by the so called professionals who think a once a week 50 minute discussion and a bottle of pills is all that is needed. Then the poor person shows up in my e.r. that night. So make sure your therapist is there when you need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykell View Post
    unfortunately it sounds like you need a hug and we're only able to offer a virtual one
    While the thought behind a virtual hug is nice, it doesn't provide the actual affection needed to make someone feel much better. I solve that by 'renting' a five minute hug at my local gogo bar. Once I let the dancer know I'm not there for sexual kicks, but simply need to hold her close for a little while, they almost always comply happily. I know it's $20 out the window, but it's worth every penny to me. I just tell them I haven't had a girlfriend for quite a while, and miss the affection more than I miss the sex. Women understand that. Men don't. But DON'T touch them anywhere you shouldn't, and don't try to kiss them. AND, don't mistake they're being nice to you for actual interest in you. Take it for what it is, nothing more. For while she might not actually feel anything emotional towards you, the physical contact is the important thing. It's odd, that our mental health professionals acknowledge the need for physical affection for infants, but for some reason think we out grow it. Nothing could be further from the truth. A big problem is, men don't get it; we usually think all we want is sex. We get a little affection during that, but not enough. So we walk away the next morning, and gradually get that empty feeling, and so pursue another sexual escapade in the belief that is what we need. And the cycle repeats. Men almost all prefer to believe that any need for affection is a failing as a man, that only sex should count. That's wrong, but practically no guy will ever admit they need hugs more than they need sex. Yet, you can satisfy your sexual needs by yourself. You can't give yourself a hug when you really need one. Yet, this need is almost always ignored by our mental health professionals. Adolescents, the elderly, prisoners, any group of people without regular affectionate physical contact of others can suffer from depression resulting from that lack of any source for affection.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 06-27-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Megan, i can only echo the suggestions to seek out professional help, will be a waiting list NHS, but in the meantime is there a support or social group near you, there at least there would be others to talk to.

There is nothing wrong with what we do, like many of us i suffered from the guilt and shame, but whilst yet singing from the roof tops, i have reached a level of inner peace.

It's not wrong it's just not excepted from some. When I was younger I would purged and hate what I was doing, I would rip up all my fem clothes.
    Now at 60 I'm glad I have the so called Judy side of me, It's so cool.

Good luck on life's roller coster they'll be other concerns besides Cross-dressing.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hi Megan. Please recognize that gender related emotional issues are a medical situation requiring therapy. I suffered massive, debilitating panic attacks for ten years before realizing this and learning the hard way that the only thing that would ever stop them was a full, medical gender transition. Now I have no testosterone in me and the estrogen levels of a teenage girl and I am happy as can be -- but if I let my estrogen levels decline, the panic attacks come back.

It really is a medical thing. So please arrange to see a therapist who has experience and training with gender related issues.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

A great deal of sound advice given by those before. Through all this remember two things,
    You are not alone, and, you are loved.
    Linda.

Really good answers here Megan, I would see a gender therapist that can work with you and find the answers you need. We are all here to help you so keep posting. I have had depression before but I get out of it quickly as I am a very stable person. On croosdressing there is nothing at all wrong with it.
    Part Time Girl

Hell-o Megan,

Mom knows? She more than likely can be considered a friend,
    and more than likely a female. Give her a call, or even better...
    give her a visit!

CDing can be confusing (to say the least!), but for some reason
    or another it makes us happy. Why not be happy?
    Give yourself a break, CDing does not make you a bad person!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I can certainly relate to you. i suffer similarly.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Well said, SM! Thoreau said, "The masses of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Another reason we die sooner. Lack of love, and loving touch, is a huge reason. What do the masses of women lead lives of? Tons of hugs, tons of attention, tons of being wanted. Tons of social needs met, longer lives, and fun, fun, fun. Not in every case, i realize. I have two cats i touch uch, and that is all the physical love i experience, outside of self stimulating, if you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    What do the masses of women lead lives of? Tons of hugs, tons of attention, tons of being wanted. Tons of social needs met, longer lives, and fun, fun, fun. Not in every case, i realize.
    What I see is that women initiate tons of hugs, etc. Men generally don't although there's no reason they can't. I think we all probably know "that guy" who is amazingly friendly, who hugs everyone he meets, who meets the social needs of others and because of that is highly valued by everyone he meets. When I thought I was a crossdresser, I noticed my crossdressing self was a lot more social than my male self. I started wondering why she had permission to do those things and he didn't. You know what? There's no reason. I started initiating social contact and social interactions and suddenly I was receiving them as well. Do you initiate hugs? Do you express the behaviors you wish to experience?

Just my two cents.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Don't forget to forgive yourself if you feel that this is wrong. One contributing factor of depression is staying home too much. And for closet dressers this can become a habit, dressing but staying at home. Positive social interaction always makes me feel better because I don't get out much and I live alone. for those that don't have friends, it would be very helpful to find some. Find a group to get together with that shares the same hobby or interest that you have, whether it's CDing or something else.

Exercise 10 minutes or more a day too. I like aerobic dancing or just being a dancing fool! Also change negative thoughts into more positive ones. Of course, if it's clinical depression a therapist is in your future.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    You are definitely not alone, many of us on the forum have been where you are, I know I have during my teen years it was very hard to try and understand what I was and why was I like that

For all the feelings way back then, I am now way past that and at one with my crossdressing, once you find a way to accept that you enjoy cross dressing, it becomes a wonderful thing or at leat it did for me

I now embrace it and fully accept that it is part of me, you are not alone and I definitely do not think it is wrong, for me it is 100% right, part of who I am

I hope you can find your way and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Megan. View Post
    I feel so down right now I suffer with depression and I cross dress but I don't know how to deal with it sometimes it just feels wrong please help
    First off - like the the other girls have said, you are NOT alone - but if the depression gets to be more than you can handle, by all means seek help.
    Counselling isn't because you're weak (or whatever!), it's a TOOL that you can use to fix a problem. Why wouldn't anyone use the best tools available for the job?

Does your cross dressing ease the depression? If so then it's another useful tool in your fight against depression. go for it.

You say that sometimes it feels wrong. It this because it feels wrong to you? If so, then don't continue. More likely, it feels wrong because of what you've been told all your life - right? If that's the case, that's just too bad for "them", isn't it? As long as your actions don't hurt others, or break the law, you're free to do what you want. Just be cautious. There are those out there who could/would cause you harm.

One last thought, and I know this is going to sound weird, but it works for me... try eating Bananas.
    Years ago, I was suffering weird, uncontrollable mood swings (such as bursting into tears over a Taco Bell commercial). I thought I was losing my mind. My wife at the time was taking nursing courses and thought it might be a potassium imbalance and had me eat several bananas. WOW! My moods stabilized within an hour!
    I still get "strange" from time to time, and I run out and get more 'magic fruit' Better to eat bananas than to GO bananas.
    Like i said before, It may be just me, but what can it hurt?

Is it just the dressing thing or everything getting you down. If it the dressing you are not doing anything wrong Megan We are not bad people We Are different then others and thank God for that , We are special. You are special. Now put on a BIG SMILE. Flip the world the bird. And just be your beautiful self we are with you girl.
    Angie
    I thing you need another or two

Quote Originally Posted by Megan. View Post
    i don't have any friends i can talk to about this i feel so lonely. I am single i live alone i have family but only my mum knows about my dressing i don't have any female friends at all
    Megan, is your lack of friends because you are shy? I have that same struggle too. For myself, I found that speaking to the checkout clerk is a way to build confidence. You can talk about anything, such as the weather. It really doesn't matter what the conversation is about. The key thing is that 1) you are getting practice, and 2) you discover that other people don't bite when you talk to them. It is a real confidence builder that will eventually help you to find new friends.

Also remember that we on this forum can be your friends too. If you find a few with whom you relate, you can send a personal message to them. That also gives you a chance to practice overcoming shyness.

Hugs, Sami