Thread: Opening up to this side of me at age 21

Opening up to this side of me at age 21

Ladies,

I am happy to introduce myself as Savannah. To put things simply, I have known I liked wearing makeup and womens clothing since I was about 10 years old. For a while I thought it was purely sexual, but the more I explored this, I have come to realize I enjoy it because it makes me happy, simple as that. I am now opening up to buying myself some outfits, but I'm not really sure where to start. I am completely private with all of this, so I don't have much time to dress, but the first few things I bought myself were some cute spandex gym shorts and a body suit. I figured these would be a good way to start because I can wear them under my "normal" clothes without anyone noticing. I also have a huge obsession with nail polish and makeup, but I am too nervous to wear any colored polish so I'm starting out with some clear polish on my toes. At least I can say my toes are done right? lol My thoughts are a little scattered right now because I've never talked about this side of me outside of my own head before so I apologize for the choppiness, but I'm really happy to be here and I hope to meet a lot of you and gain a lot of really good advice. Please feel free to message me to talk more, I'm sure I can learn a lot from everyone here...

<3 always,
    Sav

Welcome to the community Savannah its good to have you join us. I was in your shoes a few years ago when I first joined the forum scared, confused, excited, and hopeful. This forum has plenty of girls who are in the same situation as you are, myself included. If you ever have any question few free to make a post or message me. I'll be glad to help you if I can

-again welcome!

Hi, Savannah.
    It's expected to be a little nervous, amped-up, scattered, whatever you want to call it right now. Coming here and "opening up" was a big step. Even though this is a friendly and supportive community, that act was significant because you also admitted to yourself that this is a part of you and, it seems, you want to explore it some more. If that's an accurate picture, how about sharing where you would like to go with this? Is there anything in particular you'd like to ask about?

Welcome to the forum sweetie. We're glad you're here.

Hugs,

Kelly

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Welcome to.the forum, this site has helped me so much and iam sure it will do the same for you.

Hi Savannah,

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to be. It has helped me immensely and I have learned a lot. We're glad to have you here. Explore, ask questions and just enjoy.

Elizabeth

Hi Savannah,
    There is no better place to be than here, where you can find out all you want to know about this life you are you starting. This is the most friendly and inviting place to be that I ever came across, so welcome, and enjoy what we can do for you.

Hi and welcome Savannah
    Nice name you have!!
    Like the others that have commented already this is a great place
    to get advice and get the confidence to go forward with this journey your on.
    Please remember though to take it slow and easy don't rush buying everything you see.

Do you have a partner? married?

But remember to have fun when you can

Leann

You should get a pair of skinny jeans dark wash color. They are pretty hard to step outside with but once you get used to it they become extremely easy. ( so easy in fact i wore mine to victoria secret)

Maybe a pair of converse shoes as many girls wear them and they go well with skinny jeans.

A couple of solid quick dry t-shirts as they are easy to wash in the shower and dry off after

These are some good starter items as they are fairly unisex and help you ease into walking outside if you decide to go for it. Though I will say that a pink t-shirt are much scarier than short shorts in public.

Welcome to the forum. It's normal to be nervous and hopefully you'll learn from others on the forum. Best of luck on your journey.

Thats actually not a bad idea! I will say i did buy a pair of white converse bc they are cute with jeans and girly but also unisex so i feel totally comfortable wearing them out. I may look into some solid shirts as well because I mean cmon womens shirts are waaaaay softer than mens and would satisfy what i want while still being able to wear them out in public thanks for the help!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you to everyone who replied or even read this post. I already feel a bit more confident with all of this after getting all the love from you ladies! It means a lot

Welcome, Savannah! There is much knowledge and experience here. Most of us have gone through this in one form or another! Read all you can! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Welcome to the forum, Savannah.
    This is indeed a supportive and friendly place to LEARN; emphasize learn. Learn girl craft. Learn how to dress. Learn about yourself.
    I envy so many of you young men who have the self-realization early, and to grow up in an environment that is far more accepting and understanding (than perhaps 40-50 yrs ago). I wish I'd had the courage to face my own feelings and gender identity way back in my own teens and 20s. I need not have suffered for most of my adult life.
    If this is You, and it makes you happy even though you can't quite figure out why, when proceed with confidence and joy. You have friends here, Savannah.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

You're lucky to have the internet nowdays. When I was 21 there was no internet, I knew nothing about cd'ing and thought I must be the only guy in the world that did this.
    Jon

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Savannah, welcome!

Everyone here understands how powerful the feeling is when you reach out for the first time and share your feelings about crossdressing with others. You've done a brave thing.

FYI you can't send or receive private messages until you've posted 10 times.

Good luck with your journey.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hello and welcome. You are in a safe place hear to ask any question and share your experiences.

I too started off with it more sexual, many on here have, I am not passed that yet but I know it's more than that. For me I find it just takes time and trial and error to find what you want, this applies to life not just dressing. Enjoy the ride!

Would be useful to know more about you, it gets complicated of you are in a relationship and have to keep it secret, actually it's complicated in a relationship of its not a secret. My. Advice is as with everything don't obsess and find a balance between friends, hobbies and dressing.

Banned Read only
    Savannah what realllly stood out to me in your post was CDing makes you happy, it does the same for the rest of us, hurts no one so at 21 you have a long very enjoyable journey ahead as you get more into CDing. And at your young age if you choose hormones they would give much quicker and better results than at an older age. You can get a lot of girl stuff at WalMart and shoes at Payless. I suggest you go to WalMart and buy panties, thong, thigh top hose and a bra. Then Payless (can order on line) and buy some 3" heels/pumps. Put this on at home and your happy meter will go through the roof!!!

As far as outer clothing I wear fairly tight boot cut girl jeans, these can be worn and pass in public and feel great (very feminine) over girl undies. Girls t shirts are only 4 or 5 bucks so......go spend a little $$$ and feel how great it feels to feel girly.