Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Second Facebook Account

Using Second Facebook Account

Greetings!

I want to setup a second Facebook account for my CD activities, using a different email address. My understanding is that a person is allowed only one "real" Facebook account, and no "fake" accounts. What's the real story?

Thanks, Sami

Whats the worst that could happen, you get banned on facebook.

Use 2'differemt email accounts, 2 different FB user names. Done

Hi Sami,
    Ok, technically it's not allowed, but then so are many other things...
    As long as you use a different e-mail address for each account you shouldn't have any problems.
    There are many fake/multiple accounts out there, so as long as you use a name which sounds real there is no reason for anyone to question it's authenticity. It is usually things like spamming which attract their attention.
    Keeping different groups of friends on each account so there is no obvious link should help as well.

Nic
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have to admit I've been doing this for a while now. The trick has been to install a second browser on your computer and initiate the FB account from there. That keeps them from attempting to merge your profiles and offering your second account as a possible "friend" to all those folks you aren't ready to tell about Sami. Firefox, Chrome and Safari all work to create that firewall.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sami I have 2 both different browsers and different email addresses
    I did have Leann as a friend till my wife asked why did I added my exwife as afriend lol

it works for me.

Leann

I have a male account and I have a account for Amanda. I have a email for my male self and an email for Amanda. Same way with Twitter and YouTube. No problems.
    Amanda

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have two accounts, using different variants of my real name and different e-mail addresses.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I refused to give into the "dark side" for years. Finally after some reassurance from others that have been or are still on Cross Dressers. Com, I set up an account for Heidi. If you're hesitant like me, set it up that only Friends can see posts. Friend me if you'd like links to safe friends that share our experience.
    BTW, my male persona still does not have an account.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm curious why it is that you want a facebook account for your femme side?

I'm assuming that since you want to create a second account there is some reason (or reasons) for not sharing photos, adding likes and CD friends to your current FB account. I hope I don't come across as rude or combative. That's not my intention at all. I'm just curious as to why and if the risk worth doing this.

I'm deep, deep in the closet and there is no way with FB's facial recognition software, IP address matching and other algorithms that are able to identify users and then match them with friends and interests from one list to the other that I would even consider doing this.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Sue,

I am joining an LGBT group that is three hours away from my small town. Although they have a website, they don't keep it updated. However, they do post event schedules on their Facebook page. Being so far away, I can go only for weekend events, and would like to know about them as soon as possible for planning purposes. I am hoping to be able to keep updated without using my male Facebook account.

I really don't use my male account much. I opened it to learn how to link my company's website to Facebook accounts. I rarely post anything on it, but I have family and such as Friends. These people don't need to know about Sami, so that is the main reason why I need another account for tracking the events for the new group.

I know a few people who are glued to Facebook and other social media platforms. Personally, I don't want the entire world knowing what I am doing on a day-to-day (or hour-by-hour) basis, but I understand the need others have for that socialization outlet. I use it only as a tool, on an as-needed basis.

I didn't know that Facebook has facial recognition software. I have the webcam disabled on my laptop. I work from home, and the last headache I need is a business meeting attendee seeing me dressed to the nines!

I had to open a Facebook account and used my fem side to get to other posts.. I use a fem email and no picture of my self on there yet. I might do that, but maybe a vied picture. Have to defeat the recognition software. Maybe one with sunglasses on. As a known author, I don't want to be recognized.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I keep hearing facial recognition soft wear being bantered around but I doubt it really is a thing.
    If it were true all the ladies here that had 2 accounts for years would have said something and there would be tons of threads on the subject.
    I think its another excuse for not doing a female account on FB
    I have had male and female accounts for a long time and have never had any issues.
    Use separate browsers,email addresses, and don't use your male name.
    One tip I need to mention when you get both accounts running block your male account form you female account.
    That way there is no bleed over
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-28-2017 at 12:26 PM.

That is a good tip about blocking, Tracii. Thank you!

Banned Spammer
    You are so welcome Sami.
    In fact I have some of the same friends on both accounts and there has never been a problem.
    I have one GG friend that is on both male and female pages and my male comments do not show on my girl page.
    She is friends with my daughters and I do see their posts on her comments but they have never said anything to me or have even tried to friend me.
    And trust me they would be the type to say "hey Dad what are you doing with a female FB page?"

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    2 Keep them separate . Open one with the cell phone FB app and the other with the Cell Phone Browser like google. Also keep in mind the FB app uses your Cell Phone to verify and to reset passwords if you key in your cell phone in FB search your it will show the account with associated with the app. all of your app will also associate with that account.
    If you set your Browser to clear all data when you log off it will not confuse the two.
    I've been using this set up for years with no problem, although I reversed the order on purpose to confuse my friends family clients and coworkers.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

As others said, use a different e-mail for the second account, and be careful about what info you post that might link the two (such as posting the same birth date, or a lot of similar info in the 'About' section for where you live and have lived before or where you worked).

Be careful about posting pictures that might easily be recognized as your male side. I do not believe FB does anything with face recognition to attempt to link accounts proactively, but people who happen across your account certainly could recognize you, and people tagging pictures in either of your two accounts might get recommendations for tagging based on your images in both accounts.

Block your male account and any family member's accounts or people on your male side's Friends list that you wouldn't want to find you. I got outed to my sister because I didn't think to block her FB account. Of course, you can't block everyone but you CAN set your account to only be visible to Friends you have accepted. That means you'll have to be the one doing the Friend requests for anyone that you want to connect with via FB.

If you have ANY friends in common between the two accounts, there is a chance that FB will recommend your new account as 'someone you may know' to friends on your other account. Their algorithm for that seems to work on the basis that a friend of someone you're friends with might be a potential friend for you.

Even with all of that, anyone could report your account as 'fake', and FB will take it down unless you can show real ID, like a drivers license, to verify it is a 'real person's account'.

===

There is a way that is 'within the rules' to set up a FB page for a second identity, but it stands a much better chance of being seen by friends of your FB page for your male account. You can create, within your male account, a FB Page for a 'fictional character', such as would be done for an author setting up a page for a character in their stories, for fans to reference. Or such as a band might do, to set up a FB page for fans of a musician or band that is separate from their personal FB page. The problem there is that there is a strong possibility that the page will occasionally get recommended to your male account's Friends as 'someone you may know'.

I did a 'Page' for Ceera as part of my male account, and set no Friends for that page that overlapped my male side. I still got a friend request from one of my male account's Friends. I deleted the Page rather than risk being outed to that friend or any other friends or family.

Since then, I set up a separate account with a different e-mail address, and it's worked fine for years - though it did out me to a few people.

Thanks, Ceera, for the tips on the account settings. Got everything set to friends only now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I keep hearing facial recognition soft wear being bantered around but I doubt it really is a thing.
    If it were true all the ladies here that had 2 accounts for years would have said something and there would be tons of threads on the subject.
    I think its another excuse for not doing a female account on FB
    It is a thing! A friend was loading some pix on her Facebook and suddenly it asked if she wanted to tag me. I was standing in the background. Didn't even know the pic was being taken.
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    ...I do not believe FB does anything with face recognition to attempt to link accounts proactively,....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It's a thing. This link straight from facebook itself.
    https://www.facebook.com/help/122175...ef=faq_content

How does Facebook suggest tags?

When someone uploads a photo of you, we might suggest that they tag you in it. We're able to compare your friend's photos to information we've put together from your profile pictures and the other photos you're tagged in. If this feature is turned on for you, you can choose whether or not we suggest your name when people upload photos of you. Adjust this in your Timeline and Tagging settings.
    We currently use facial recognition software that uses an algorithm to calculate a unique number (“template”) based on someone’s facial features, like the distance between the eyes, nose and ears. This template is based on your profile pictures and photos you’ve been tagged in on Facebook. We use these templates to help you tag photos by suggesting tags of your friends. If you remove a tag from a photo, that photo is not used to create the template for person whose tag was removed. We also couldn’t use a template to recreate an image of you
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Spammer
    OK I guess it IS a thing.
    I think you are worried about nothing IMO
    How about one you learned experts here prove how this "softwear" has caused you to get "outed" on FB.
    I think its just another excuse but if you are afraid to have a girl account don't make one.
    For those of you that do then do as several here have suggested and you should be fine.

Free Email addresses are available on Google, AOL, Yahoo, and other sites. Before you start, create a persona, town, high school, age, name. etc. Don't put too much info on the account, despite their nagging. And they do nag you to post your high school, college, job, etc. You almost need a Facebook account these days just to see or lurk on other forums and pages. Many websites say "Log in with your Facebook account". Their tentacles are into everything. Be careful commenting on other forums. There is always someone who may disagree with what you post, and flag you as a "Fake Account. You will get many friend requests. Allow some friends to lend authenticity to your account. Just don't post anything personal or anything that could identify you. Share some pics and videos. An empty profile is often considered a sign of a fake account. Then Facebook locks or disables your account, and demands to see your drivers license and other very personal information to prove who you are. Facebook demands too much personal information, and their servers are no more secure than any others. Just open a new account and start over. If you are concerned about your IP address, go to the local library and open your Facebook account there. That would be the IP address associated with the account, and you are free to check your account from anywhere.

As aBoyNamedSue pointed out, Facebook does use facial recognition to suggest tagging for photos. But as far as I can tell, that is all that they use it for. If your femme appearance is sufficiently different, it will not suggest you for opposite gender pics. Long hair versus short hair, lipstick versus no lipstick, makeup contouring effects, different style glasses or no glasses, boobs versus flat chest - these can all throw off their face sensing algorithms. I tag a lot of photos of myself in FB, for both my male and female images, and have yet to ever have it suggest that an opposite gender pic of me should use the other gender's name for tagging.

Now if you are a person who likes wearing dresses and no makeup or wig to disguise your male face, then yeah, Facebook's face recognition could definitely out you in tagging suggestions. I would avoid Facebook entirely in that case! But a wig and even minimal makeup should throw it off the scent.
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-29-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Banned Spammer
    What exactly is an algorithm anyway?

An algorithm is simply a set of steps for accomplishing some task (in this case written in some computer programming language)