Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Second Facebook Account

Tracii - Algorithm is a technical euphemism for a wild guess....
    Last edited by Krea; 06-29-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks Bridget.
    So I use them in everyday life like when mowing my yard or re stringing a guitar? Fancy that.
    ~Nic~ Thanks so much LOL.

If you have five minutes or so, here is a good introductory video about algorithms. I think it is generalized enough that you don't need a degree in computer science to understand it.

And yes, Tracii, mowing your yard is an excellent example of an algorithm in use. You may go up and down the yard, across the yard, or around the edges in a circle. They all get the yard mowed, but are different ways to do it. Each is an algorithm for mowing a lawn, with their own pluses and minuses.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Nic ~ View Post
    Nicn - WAG or 'Wild Ass Guess' is the the consultants term for a Algorithm that you pay for.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Try writing a genetic algorithm. Yeah I am writing them now. . To have efficient algorithms for thinking. and yes some wild ass guesses from disparate information.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Nic ~ View Post
    I thought he was the vice president.
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

Banned Spammer
    How does one write an algorithm?
    I have a friend that runs the IT dept of a large hospital chain and when he tells me stuff its like a different language.
    I asked him a question once and he rambled on about 30 mins with "if your gnac system isn't recognizing your Purgs interface the system can't co stang with the hard drive motoc lineage.
    I say honey thats fine but I have no idea what you just said so have another beer.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-30-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Like most any profession, computer science has its share of lingo. I am sure, Tracii, there is lingo for guitars and such.

I will give a try to answer your question, but if it is still confusing, feel free to ask more questions. Think of an algorithm as being a methodology for accomplishing a task. As you know, there can be a number of ways to accomplish a task. Go to YouTube to see how to do something, and you might have dozens of different ways to accomplish the same thing, with some being better than others. You choose one of the videos, follow the steps, and accomplish the goal (hopefully!)

With computer algorithms, it isn't you that is accomplishing the steps. It is the computer. Unfortunately, computers are really stupid and have to be told the steps in minute detail. The are machines that don't understand English, so the steps have to be programmed in a language the computer can understand. There are hundreds and hundreds of different specialized computer languages. I know a couple of dozen, and it is tedious work to tell the computer exactly what to do.

Computers really are morons, having to be told over and over the same simple steps that you can do fairly easily by watching a YouTube video. But once the algorithm is programmed correctly, that moronic computer can follow those steps much faster than any person can! It is the speed, and the properly coded algorithm, that makes these ignoramus computers appear to be so very, very intelligent.

Banned Spammer
    Some how all that doesn't make sense.
    You make a program to tell the computer what to do but it has to be told each time how to whatever the task is?
    Guitars actually only function if you assemble them the correct way.The rest is up to the player.
    Lingo? well each part has a name and a proper place, adjusting the unit to its peak playability is the tricky part.

Computers are only a tool. The people that put them together and/or program them are geniuses. Or so it appears. Doesn't seem that way to some of them. Just like when you pick up a guitar you know how to use a capo. I had to look it up to see what its called. I could spout off about GD&T and only I few would know what I'm talking about and how to use it. It takes a village.

Now this doesn't have too much to do with Facebook or its better than the FBI's facial recognition.

Banned Spammer
    Geometric tolerances is that what you speak of?

I have a chromebook and just set up two users, and then set up two facebook accounts. Seems to be working for me. Brenda

FB also uses your phone number as identification to identify and suggest friends you may know based on other connections. So even with a private account and a separate email, browsers, etc, if you use the same phone number for account verification, FB will show your new profile to the friends you already have on your other account. I went through this when trying to create an empty FB account just for using other apps that require a FB login. FB would still show my "private" profile to friends and family and suggest that they add me as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Geometric tolerances is that what you speak of?
    Dimensioning and tolerance. Use it every day.

Hi Sami,

As everyone says, it can be done, I have Stacy as my Primary account! (no secondary)

So the only thing is! You need to be comfortable enough to know that every account which you have, will be ultimately traced backed to you!

Stacy

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Sami,

As everyone says, it can be done, I have Stacy as my Primary account! (no secondary)

So the only thing is! You need to be comfortable enough to know that every account which you have, will be ultimately traced backed to you!

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyneth View Post
    Dimensioning and tolerance. Use it every day.
    I thought so I'm really not as dumb as I sound LOL
    I work with dimensions and tolerances everyday.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-30-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Platinum Member
    I always figured that Traci was tolerant.

Good dimensions too!

Banned Spammer
    I like to think I am tolerant LOL

I did for a while then deleted it. My regular account has already figured me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I like to think I am tolerant LOL
    Tolerant is easy. Its the dimensions I have trouble with.

I have had dual FB accounts for almost 10 years no problem at all. Beck's Facebook I have blocked every person that I can think of from my male life, that will reduce the odds that Becky is suggested as a friend to one of my other FB friends. When you are logged on to your girl profile never look at the pages of any of your male FB contacts. Also be aware that recently FB has changed the login page on browsers and they show your profile pic to make for faster login, be aware that you can get both your profile pics presented.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I too have an account for Susann.
    However, I almost never use it as the Susann identity comes up after using that account. With multiple devices, it's just too scarry.
    Susann_Gardener

I currently have two and it works great. Some tips, don't use your phone number on both or it will start to recommend you to friends on your guy one. There are also allot of crazy foreign guys trying to friend you, don't do it. Find some good friends and use it like your other one. Its great.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    ... I forgot to mention. On FB after awhile you will eventually get some twit who will steal your identity and create an account pretending to be you.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57