Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swishing & Prancing in Dresses - Don't ALL Guys get the impulse to do this

Swishing & Prancing in Dresses - Don't ALL Guys get the impulse to do this

Doesn't everyone on her enjoy swishing in their dresses well you are not alone ? LOL

If you ever watch Youtube Videos I think you will discover it is nearly impossible for a boy to put on a dress and just stand there! LOL Even non cders I think secretly enjoy the feeling of the dress and dance around. My point is that just by doing a dance in a dress it doesn't mean you will want to go out and buy one.

Lets face it dresses are fun and vintage night gowns and slips feel heavenly even to non cders. I bet more guys would wear them if our wives didn't laugh at us or judge us. I beleieve more men wear them than we realize. BTW the nightie i am wearing in my profile feels amazing !

Every time I wear a dress.
    I shall be dancing with myself this evening.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

With a dress or skirt there is always a swish and prance! On my last outing, was wearing a skirt and can still recall the memory of how it swished against my legs! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Everytime I dress up, I have to stare at myself in the mirror twirling around and swishing my skirt... it just feels that good to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Doesn't everyone on her enjoy swishing in their dresses
    No, not so much. It just feels better to be wearing one.
    LOL Even non cders I think secretly enjoy the feeling of the dress and dance around.
    and
    I bet more guys would wear them if our wives didn't laugh at us or judge us.
    I think that's called projection. You want to believe that others are the same as you are.

Lets face it dresses are fun and vintage night gowns and slips feel heavenly even to non cders.
    I wonder where you get that idea?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes is right. No, cdrs do not enjoy dressing or swishing. Why would they? That's why they aren't dressers or tg. For my part, I relish the feeling of the swish.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I meant "non cdrs do not enjoy..."

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Girls like skirts/dresses because they swish. A case in point, I bought an A-line skirt on holidays and wore it the first time in the hotel room for my wife to see. The first thing she said was, "that skirt has a nice swish to it". Then, the second thing she said, "those are the kind of skirts I like". The only logical conclusion is that it's the clothes, not the gender!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I was young I would do a bit of parading around, nowadays getting dressed in female clothes is almost as routine as male. I do look in the mirror, but only to check if everything is as it should be, hem is straight, seams are where they should be, things like that. I also wear pencil skirts, impossible to swish in one of those!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    No, not so much. It just feels better to be wearing one.
    You and me, both. What's wrong with us?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes, swishing the dress is fun and for me when I'm wearing a skirt out and just a nice breeze gives it a blow I love that feeling a lot have no idea why but it's so nice

Oh my, don't look up swishing in the urban dictionary! My preference is to hike the skirt up
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

It's not exactly swishing, but I want to spin around like Katniss in her flaming dress.

Banned Read only
    Most of the guys I know are pretty uncomfortable with swishing around in a dress. I hate to break it to y'all, but I wear dresses every day (I hate jeans), but they are just clothes. I like them if they look good on me, that's a nice feeling but the thrill of "ooh I'm wearing a dress" isn't really there. It's just clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I think that's called projection. You want to believe that others are the same as you are.
    Good gosh, you read my mind.

There is no projecting this thing of ours on the routine Muggle dude. He has zero desire to put on a dress, let alone put one on and swish in the mirror. There is nothing further from his mind. His wife's opinion on him wearing a dress has no bearing. He simply doesn't want to do it.

And for the record, I don't do it either. I must be boring.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 06-28-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Nothing better or more comfortable than a skirted garment; a dress or skirt.
    A long summer dress and just panties and bra underneath on a summer day? Priceless.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I don't swish nor prance.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm trying to picture a guy prancing in a dress .....................yes a Tenn walking horse type prance comes to mind.
    Swishing sounds like a brand of toilet bowl cleaner.
    Assumption and projection I think is what is going on here.

Great comments I don't wear dresses often, a skirt and blouse alot and jeans or pants for day outings.But yes when I go dancing a dress swishing is great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Well I'm still not used to seeing myself in a dress or a skirt yet, but my wife did ask me to give her a twirl when I had the first dress I wore on, I didn't get it but it seem to have met her approval, well she didn't run from the room in tears or scream at me so that's a win right?.

Love the op. I love to twirl when I put on a dress it just has to be done. The swish is part of the fun.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I just hate pants, but I indulge in a swish once in a while.

Me too. I can't help but stand in front of the mirror and take a little spin in a skirt or dress. What is it with that? You really did make me laugh, and reading what others said, I fit in with most of you; kind of reassuring actually Thanks for bringing us this question. Brenda

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    God yes I love to swish...
    I used to have a short attention spa

I always swish and cross my lets with a dress on.

I am a mirror-swisher too, I can't help it. It doesn't mean everyone likes or does it. I get to wear a skirt or a dress so rarely though that it is still a treat to twirl.

It always feels better than it looks... sigh (but it's fine really)

xx Becca xx