Thread: Did you go to a 2017 Pride event?

Did you go to a 2017 Pride event?

Pride every June seems to have evolved from "gay pride" to "pride in whoever you are." In that spirit, as a hetero man CD who is socially out here in NYC, my wife and I, with our GG friend Topaz, dressed up and marched the whole route of the NYC parade. I've posted pix elsewhere, it's enough to say here the I wore my best floral summer dress with a white crinoline and floppy hat no wig (gasp!). They said there were maybe 2 million people along the route, I dunno but we got a lot of attention and cheers as people saw and read us, and throughout I did scan the crowd for sisters blending in and enjoying the opportunity to be out.

It made me wonder whether, not would you attend a Pride event, but did you this year, in NYC or San Francisco or wherever you are? If so how did you go, en drab, en girl, en drag? What did you wear? And did you have fun?
    Last edited by Jackie7; 06-28-2017 at 02:50 PM.

My city's Pride event happens in August, probably so as not to conflict with the much larger slate of Pride events in the much larger town of Portland, just 2 hours North of us. I didn't go up to Portland for their Pride activities, but I do intend to go to my town's local Pride event. I'll be going fully en-femme, as I did last year. I may even help run an information table for the lobby group Basic Rights Oregon, who does support for the LGBTQ community in getting better laws passed to protect us.

Pride here isn't until July. Last year was the first time I've been to one. Felt really good being at it last year and I saw a couple drag queens while there. If the opportunity arises, I'll take a chance at dressing up for it... if not, I'll probably go at the very least!

I went to the pre Trans March picnic and it was a tremendous day. One feature was an elders/youth lunch, and the kids were really warm and inviting. The elders were a broad range of motley crew- trans men and women and the interesting thing to me was that I felt perfectly at home. There was no issue of passing, no box to fit in- just people, and gender whatever was the rule, so no issue.

I stopped into a secondhand store on the way on a whim and discovered the most wonderful dress, which I switched to from my sensible top and skirt. P1070119crop2.jpg
    Result- I got rave reviews- so many compliments and people coming up to talk. A woman on the subway home put her hand on m shoulder as she got up to leave, and said- "You look wonderful in that dress! "
    We are all beautiful...!

I went last year , it was my first time. It is where I made contact with a support group for transgender people I attend now. I want to go this year, but it is next weekend and I'm going to have to work.

Attended Toronto Pride enfemme for the first time.

Attend 2 as the person that i am

I went both days to St. Louis' Pride. Sat. I worked the UCC booth. I wore a black pair of pants and an orange background "Rainbow comma" t-shirt. On Sun., I wore a blue and white tye-died maxi dress.
    I looked so femme on Sunday that someone thought that I was a local drag queen, which I'm not.
    -BrendaJane
    Congratulations St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!! "Play Gloria"!!!

I went last year. Changed in porta-pot, walked on sidewalk at north end of Chicago parade in blouse, pants, heels. What fun!
    Wanted to go to the Pride Festival street fair this year, in a skirt, but logistics interfered.