Thread: name change

name change

Recently my wife has talked about changing my female name and she wants to change mine to Alice Clair. I really like it and so she has been calling me Alice for about a week. When she text me or calls me on the phone she has always used my female name. So Alice Clair it is. I will try to change it here too and my picture too. What do you think about the name?

If I could find a woman who would accept my crossdressing, she could call me anything she wanted.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

it's annoying, but go with the flow. On second name now and she doesn't care for it anymore because know b** with same name. So just think as a temporary name.

Alice is fine, but AC is not
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Aspiring Member
    Whatever the two of you agree upon should be all that is important. My wife and daughter have called me Abby routinely for many years. They even bought me a T shirt with ABBY written across the chest.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    What a cute name, oh and I'm actually in your area on vacation but all en drab
    Love this area so beautiful

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The name is fine, but I find it a little strange that she should have made the suggestion. You could suggest that you want to change her name to Steve and see how that flies.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I think you said you liked it, so go with it. Unless you're planning to change your state-issued IDs it's not really a big deal to change and change again. Do what makes you happy. Moderators will happily change your name on the site.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

SomtimesMiss, You got that right! So extremely rare! Consider yourselves super duper fortunate, if you have a wife or SO, who even will tolerate CDing!!! Any name would be OK!

The fact that you both like and are comfortable with the name, I say that is a good start, however, I would throw about a couple other considerations I that I went through when my Polar Bear wanted to do the same with me...
    First I would have to ask, how "out" are you? If there are a lot of people who already know you as Michelle, and are already used to calling you this, then it makes it a tad bit harder.
    Also, is this going to be a legal name change? And if so, how many times has it been legally changed before? The courts are not going to like flip flopping.

Let me share my name story... When I was "in" except for a few TG friendly places on line, and a couple close trusted friends,,, I went by Wynonna (to honor my Native American heritage) Breeanna R***. Well time went on, and I started coming out more, I added a FB page under that name and started coming out at school and started selling Avon. Then one day, I was doing something in the yard in something light colored and frilly... I didn't get a scarp of dirt on me! PB said "you're just like that Bree Hodge from "Desperate Housewives" (which was popular at the time) she goes out and gardens, then cooks a big sloppy dinner in a snowy white outfit without getting a spot on her!"
    It was then suggested that I flip the names and shorten Breeanna to just Bree-an... Bree-an (or Bree for short) Wynonna R***. In the long run, this served a practical purppous as well... When presenting a photo ID or credit/debit card with my legal/given name and the read it back to me, I can say, "Oh, that's pronounced Bree-an, give the I an E sound" Most people say "that's good way to spell it, I like it!"
    At first I heard a few say "Bree-an?!?! I thought your name was Wynonna" Given it was only a hand full of people it was easy to say well yea, Bree-an Wynonna,,, I sometimes like Wynonna better as it honors my Native American heritage. But I don't care what you call me as long as you don't call me late for dinner! One who knew me before coming out said "What? Another name change?!?!" And I said not really, just flipping first and middle for practical reasons...
    I still put "Bree Wynonna R***" on my Avon books, and business cards. Anyone I wish to direct to FB I tell them to look under my middle name.

It is a beautiful name and you have a wonderful woman who is willing to call you that.

I really like the name change, Alice Clair is a cute name and we only have a very few friends that know me as Michelle. So it will be easy to get used to it for me. We don't socialize with me dressed except with those very few. Her friend Laura has been out with us and will call me Alice for sure. I really love my wife for all she does for me including my new name. Alice Clair