Thread: Forging Ahead

Forging Ahead

Hi Ladies,
    Thought I would update you all on the latest developments of my transition. I have now been on HRT for just over a year and while I already am spending a fair amount of time as Sara at home and sometimes out and about, the plan is and has been that it will not be until next June that I fully transition to live as Sara fulltime. Things became exciting though last week when a new possibility came to light for me. While the reasons behind the additional year before social transitioning are related to the needs of my family there would be no impact on them if I already transitioned socially at work. This was met with approval from both my doctor and family. So earlier this week I wrote an email to my manager at work, who already knew that I was planning to transition and who had expressed support, asking his opinion about the possibility of my transitioning at work beginning this September. He was very receptive and supportive towards that goal. So since that conversation with him I have been busy and more than a little anxious talking one on one to all of my colleagues and informing them of my desire to transition and to present as a woman at work beginning in September. I'm a bit over half way through all my colleagues and so far they all have been very positive with only kind words for me. So I am incredibly excited now to take that next big step in September. I'm also optimistic that it will make the final change to fulltime next year easier as well. Anyways I thought I'd share this bit of exciting news with you. Sadly I read other posts and know that not everyone is having an easy time of it. I recall many dark days in my life also where I never imagined that the day would ever come where my life could finally change. So know that there is hope for everyone and just because things may be difficult one day the next day or week may turn out much brighter and possibilities that you cannot imagine may yet appear in your life also. To all of my American friends have a wonderful 4th of July long weekend and to my Canadian sisters have a wonderful Canada Day.
    Sara

Gold Member
    Having support from others, especially from work, Is a big help.
    Good luck and let us know how it is going.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    I hope all continues to go well for you, Sara, as you close in on your goals!

Silver Member
    You've been so fortunate in your reveal to your work mates.

Aspiring Member
    Sara Nicole i hope and pray the road ahead of your transistion is paved with peace, love and personal fulfillment

Best wishes and I hope all goes smoothly