Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Femme When You Can't Dress Up

Like others here, hints of the real me communicate what I wish to say without going all the way. Clothes tend to link what is inside us with the environment we live in. Of course, they also keep us warm or cooler or protect us from the sun, etc. But we use clothes as a message board to others. Rather than carrying everything in my pockets I carry a gender neutral bag and have a women's wallet. I discovered the purse idea that women use is the best idea since, well, ... And women's wallets are fantastic and so much better than men's wallets. I wear feminine colors a lot. I wear panties a lot, but those are for me. We each find a way to communicate who we are to others. So, find your own things that are comfortable, give hints without using a megaphone, and you will likely be far more comfortable. The pink fog episodes will not be so common. Life is much better. And nobody says anything, but I can see in their eyes they are thinking, "Hmm, now that is interesting."

Silver Member
    We all are unique in our wants but here are few suggestions, go to a salon or beauty school for a facial or mani pedi in drab. I find shopping for my SO helps sometimes as does watching makeover videos and doing chores more commonly done by women.
    Clothing wise there are large size women's socks at Walmart (plain black and white athletic socks, unless someone sees the package they could tell), wear unscented Secret or maybe even the Sport scent.

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    I've found that I can drop into my 'other' mindset by discretely practicing my female walk or posture and mannerisms. I do the shopping, so when walking down a grocery store isle I can switch into amore relaxed, hip-centric walk. I can (discretely) observer a ladies' walk and give some immediate attention to how that feels compared to my own male stride, and then adjust. It is a quick trip to my more feminine side that doesn't require a change of clothing, but often delivers a bit of balance.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

hello Kimmy,
    I nearly always underdress in black panties and paint my nails with clear varnish. No one notices when I wear grey women's socks or comments on my perfume. So I can be a little bit femme everyday.
    Once, when I wore a men's pink tee shirt and men's pink socks my daughter told me I looked "so gay" but the world did not come to an end.
    luv J

While I always feel womanly inside, one way I express it in a small way when I'm unable to completely present en femme is to grow my fingernails long and keep them well groomed. And whenever I have a chance, they're beautifully polished!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Silver Member
    I tend to wear panties every day under my male clothes and that works for me, helps me through the want to dress but can't dress just yet times

Wow!! As a newbie here this thread is very exciting, lots if ideas and some great things to have a go at and some to pluck up the nerve to try at some point further down the line.

Thanks everyone (even though it wasn't my post originally!)

Stacey

Banned Read only
    Right now I have not had the opportunity to be en femme since March 2016. My wife took off from work (part time full days) due to a back operation which was followed by a cancer diagnosis. Maybe I have had a hormone/DNA swing to be the protective/supportive husband. I have not felt the urge to be en femme. I still come here almost every day. I still peruse my favorite sites for buying women's clothing and have bought a lot of stuff. I do wonder if maybe the motivation to be en femme for an entire day will not return. I'll wait and see what happens when the opportunity arises once again.

I find under dressing works as does a daily routine of skin care.and hair.care using fem products. Also will apply eyelid primer and power foundation and maybe a touch of blush at times or paint my toes. Just have to be creative!

I bury myself in things to do around the house or with the business. My wife thinks I'm a work aholic but truth be told ....I would do more girl time if I could...or at least do the stuff I need to do for the business in girl mode!

I rarely dress completely male. Today I am dress that way. Cowboy boots, jeans, and a nice dress shirt. But always feel feminine.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Lots of little subtle signs;

-Wear an extra pretty/lacy pair of panties (I can do this any time, the only part of "her" that my wife is on board with)
    -Female-scented deodorant (all the time)
    -Put on clear nail polish
    -Adopt more effeminate mannerisms
    -Wear my pink or rose-coloured male shirt
    -Keep my legs shaved
    -Discreet lipstick that can quickly come off
    -Female or unisex eyeglasses (drugstore reading glasses)
    -Underdress (beyond panties)

It can vary depending on how "male" I need to appear, but panties are 24/7 (lacy or comfy depending on what I'm planning to do that day), as is feminine deodorant and keeping legs shaved.

All of this is most of the time now as DADT has become DEDIA (don't ever do it again)...

hi,
    If you cannot dress really femme (in a dress or skirt) why not dress is women's versions of men's clothes? Women cross dress all the time and no one is shocked!
    try - women's "boy shorts", a vest top, a tee shirt, a hoodie, jogging bottoms or jeans, women's socks and trainers. If you are really worried that someone you live with might find out - remove the size labels. Add some unisex perfume and lip balm (to prevent chapped lips).
    luv J

Although I live alone and can dress whenever I like, I often just lounge in sweatsuit or robe, panties, bra and forms. Forms, seem to be important to my feminine feelings. Surfing for clothes, sissy chat, or related sites sharpen the effect and much is more entertaining than an evening of television. New to this site but happy to have found it for just this reason.

Aspiring Member
    Kimmy,

I feel like me all the time, neither masculine or feminine. M-F I wear men's jeans, shirts and shoes while wearing panties, bra, ladies socks, and moisturizer, foundation primer, and lip balm. On weekends I wear all women's clothing, jewelry and carry a handbag.
    Michele

Toenails painted, clear fingernail polish, panties, and body shaving keep me content when I cannot dress! I love underdressing because no one can tell the difference!

I find it’s a state of mind thing, but I always wear panties, nail polish on my toes, and depending on temperature outside will wear pantyhose

When i go to parents i do not dress. They do not know i crossdress and transgender. So when i go over for dinner i wear light make up, panties, skinny jeans, toe nails painted, i pull hair back in ponytail and diamond ear rings. I think my mother knows my dad just tells me to man up.

Being clean shaven ,no body hair at all . I alway wear panties, different colors for my mood. And my hair style, pony tail or not,i prefer wearing it down. Some times i use chap stick that has color in it, shape my eye lashes.

I almost always have a laptop bag with me, and I keep a small square of latex in an inner pocket. For me latex (especially panties) are a large part of dressing fem, so by rubbing the material I can mentally picture the feeling of dressing up and feeling girly.