Thread: Speed of Process Questions or Something Like That

Speed of Process Questions or Something Like That

Ok, so at first I was going to make this a separate post, then I saw the one titled "First visit to endo" and thought maybe I could put it there. Then I started writing too much and felt like I was hijacking the OP a bit so I've gone back to just starting a new thread... Anyway, here goes something:

So, this is about the only 2 visits to the endo. The doc originally told me t-blockers for 6 months (at least I am 99.99% sure that is what she said. Therapist was surprised that long because she usually saw patients do 3 months with this doc). However, on my second visit after three weeks she gave me the first shot and a prescription for the rest and if I feel alright with upping the dosage after 3 months then let her know. Otherwise, I don't have another appointment until December (6-month mark). I was a little surprised by the quick turn around and so was my therapist who has sent many patients to her over the years. Plus, my blood work came back in the best shape it has been in years! (probably from getting all of the ex out of my system but that's another story...) From some of the replies I've read in the other thread, that rather quick time frame isn't too abnormal after all maybe?

And related to that, for those who have been on the E for awhile, I've read lots of experiences already, but for peace of mind, how quick did anyone notice physical changes? Here is why I am asking: I only started t-blockers a bit over a month ago. I felt that whatever results it aimed for seemed to achieve them within a day. By that I mean I felt changes in sensation down below, libido sure went to sleep fast and hard, and have not had one random erection since then (thank Gawd coz they got embarrassing).

Fast forward and I've only had 3 weekly shots of the E to date. The other night at the therapist's office I related how I had felt rather bitchy since the previous weekend and explained what all had happened. I ended it by telling her that while I was in her office's restroom one side of my chest started feeling like a dull papercut, like pressing on it kinda felt weird pressing on it. She gave me an amused look and theorized I was starting to bud there. Sure enough within a few hours the other side started feeling the same way.

Five weeks total from start of t-blockers to starting E to feeling my chest starting to possibly grow, is it really possible? Did my body really just go "Hell YEAH!" to all this or should I be a little more concerned than I am?

Sorry for the length but thank you ahead of time for reading and any answers, insight, and whatnot anyone has!

Dani Quickerthanshethought

Yes, the symptoms can come on early. My skin got smoother almost right away. My nipples got smoother and fuller in the first week (though they're still relatively small.) Within a couple of weeks I had started to see a change in my breast tissue -- at first I wasn't sure, but it was there. As for nipple pain -- it's been a constant companion since the second or third week. I'll be 11 months in next week and there is a definite structure formed under the nipple about the size of a shelled walnut. I weep more easily at weepy movies and awesome events.

My boobs are growing in kind of weird, I've talked to others and it's not unique though each of us was afraid we were the only ones seeing it -- I seemed to grow side-boob first. That is, my bust measurement got larger but I had no projection. By tape measure I should have a C cup at the moment, but I can't fill the cups of an A-cup bra. The boobs were growing out kinda wall-eyed and have only lately started to face forward. Second puberty is crazy stuff.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

So I've been on hormones for 3 years and 3 months. I won't go into doses, but I will say this...I started with estrogen tablets for the first two years and then switched to injections for the last 15 months. On the tablets, I started experiencing changes after about 3 weeks. It was very basic and minor... No erections. Not exactly a physically noticable change, but it was a start. After about 45 days, my breasts began to get tender and my nipples got puffy. My face also started changing. It got much thinner and cheek bones became more defined. After 60 days, my skin became noticeably softer. Body hair thinned out after about 8 months. By one year in, I only had to shave my legs once a week. Breasts settled in at a solid A cup and face was dramatically feminized. It pretty much stayed that way until I got on injections. After I got on injections, breast growth exploded and I went from an A cup to a C cup in about 3 months. Oh, I almost forgot, after about 2 years, I noticed... Or I should say my boyfriend noticed that my lower back had a very feminine arch in it from pelvic tilt. So that'll happen as well depending on age I think. Overall, that's about it!
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Aspiring Member
    I'm no expert, I can only speak from my own experience. I started right away with both Spiro and Estradiol. Within a week or two I noticed a total loss in odor of my sweat. I also noticed my emotions were much wilder. I cried easier, was calmer at other times, etc. After two weeks my nipples became sore, however that went away after a week. Then largely there was nothing until about 2.5 months in. Suddenly it was like someone flipped a switch. My skin is getting much softer and a little weaker. My nipples got sore again and have been solid and erect ever since. I've also started seeing definite changes in the features of my face now.

For reference, I'm three months in as of today. I've been on pills rather than injections and I started with a very low dose of E for the first two months.
    Last edited by AlyssaJ; 07-01-2017 at 08:31 PM.