Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking it Personallly, or not?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Am I missing something here? Where was the confrontation? Is a long glance some kind of provocation. I'm just not getting the whole conversation here. Someone goes out in a mix of male and female presentation and gets their panties in a bunch over a long glance. Someone point out what I'm missing here.

I'm hearing you!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you stare back then you are no better than him.
    You can look then look away and forget about it.
    I think the point is you are doing the man thing by staring back......stop it.LOL

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    People are so unpredictable nowadays I wouldn't risk staring at anyone. If someone is staring at me, ignore it and move on.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Funny how things get synchronous sometimes. I was just idly YouTube-ing (Yes, it's a word. Now.) and I ran across Eddie Izzard talking about this very thing in his very rambling, stream-of-consciousness Eddie Izzard way: https://youtu.be/ZpPPaMazpf0

I'm particularly taken with his idea of giving out a "non-victim vibe" since I think that's part of what I do and a large part of why I can do it successfully. I think the majority of people base their behavior based on the cues you give off. They don't mess with a person who clearly believes they belong where they are, but they pick up on any uncertainty you project. Good safety tip.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Ummm...let me understand this correctly...a facially tattooed guy giving YOU the stink-eye for being in 50/50 mode?

As in the kettle calling the pot black? As in his choice of how he presents himself in public, his obvious fashion "brand", and what turns his crank despite also being somewhat non-mainstream is somehow superior to yours?

The logic escapes me...

Leslie there are "looks" and then there are "looks", with varying reasons for the seemingly same "looks"!