Thread: Macho looks makes me feel like I'm dressing up like a male

I dress for myself! fashionisto's Avatar

Looking macho makes me feel like I'm dressing up like a male

Since I've been crossdressing I've also experimented with exaggerated masculine styles (as far as that's possible with my tall but slender build). There I discovered something surprising, namely that dressing overly "macho" feels wrong, like a strong feeling of "this is not me" and "I'm dressing up as something I'm not". I also notice a tendency to behave differently than I normally do. I haven't had this effect with very feminine styles (they don't make be behave differently either). I also noticed people are intimidated sometimes when I present macho. Bad, bad, bad. Come to think of it, I've never done anything like that. Before I started CD (at age 40) I always presented in a somewhat androgynous way. Then again, no friends or colleagues of mine look macho. It's not something you see in the kind of middle class environment I find myself in. Note that I don't have any problem with other guys looking macho.

Apparently there's something there inside me, an identity I'm trying to avoid that I wasn't fully aware of. Gives me something to think about. This is the sort of feeling I expect TG people to feel like. But I don't feel like I'm TG. Now I wonder, do any of you recognise this?

First u r here so you are transgender. It simply means you have gender issues. As they say own it. I don't like wearing pants. I find I'm treated better when I wear short skirts or dresses. I like the attention. Being comfortable anywhere anytime helps to. Yes I'm like always overdressed, my friends expect it. It's your life, live it your way.

I have never been comfortable with the full male look.
    I luckily live in the old money area, so for me it's easier to dress with flamboyance

So, no matter how male I would like to appear I always carry a very cheeky bit of flair.
    Carrying your passion of who you are whether in m or f mode is the most important thing

Hate dressing male!
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I have come to realize there are vary degrees of this transgender pectrum. Could be the reason we can not all agree on the trans views of how out we want to be. I sometimes on the opposite side enjoy being the macho male. My cowboy boots, big hat and those tight fitting wranglers have a place on me as well as at times I go fully over the top and dares to the max in a mini skirt, high heels, hose, panties, forms, bra and a very sexy top all the while being made up with full makeup. I tend to be be one way or the other. I don't wake up each morning with the same mind set as a trans or male for that day. I do know I get behind a I call it on the dressing side and when I do I enjoy going way beyond and over the top of the dressing. Such as too much lipstick or eye shadow n mascara and way too short minis. I don't consider my self a middle class or low class person. I just feel like when I'm working on the farm/ ranch I need to be dressed tougher. When I'm at our town house which is on the outside of town is when the female side usually kicks in. The kicker here is I do try to wear my panties daily as they are way more comfortable than my shorts and it seems I'm always connected to my inner side.

Quote Originally Posted by fashionisto View Post
    dressing overly "macho" feels wrong, like a strong feeling of "this is not me" and "I'm dressing up as something I'm not"
    That's how I feel whenever I'm in man clothes. It's not really irritating, just a general uneasiness. It's kind of like that feeling you get that someone's watching you, even when there's no one there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What is dressing "overly Macho"?
    Live and let dress.

I do admit, that i like to be the outdoorsy blue collar man, but quite sensitive, and caring, like some women are. I like looking goo, as the guy, and the gal, at different times.

Overly Macho? Let's see: black leather with silver studs, black boots of course, lots of thick black hair, Fonzie style (50s), a studded cowboy hat with a large brim, and of course, plenty of black curly hair exposed by an open, silver buttoned shirt. LOL. Not for me in a million years.
    I notice how feminine I'm feeling by how short of a skirt I feel like putting on when I'm getting dressed. Usually I taper it off by going longer than I feel, usually to NOT displease my wife by looking too odd. Either that, or I can tell how girlie I'm feeling by how frustrated I am when I can't get dressed up.

Every day I put on men's clothes I feel wrong now. Funny how we change. I feel much more comfortable in ladies clothes.