Thread: Came out to my boss... and gave her panties.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

Came out to my boss... and gave her panties.

I am still, for now, working at VF Outlet. While we are without a store manager, one of our assistant managers has acted in that role. She and I are best friends at work and discuss all kinds of things I would never talk about to others. I never came out and said, "Oh, hey I'm a CD" but she seemed to figure it out. I guess the "I'm buying this for my wife" thing eventually gets seen through... so we have unliaded and processed freight, and we each would tell the other when we found something like bras in our sizes (I told her I needed one months ago for medical reasons), jeans, etc...

So last week, we were boxing up a bunch of panties sent to our store by mistake. She asked me if I wanted to buy any before we sent them to another store. Before I answered, she told me she was looking for some briefs abd didn't care for bikinis like we were boxing up. I told her I didn't like bikinis either, briefs are more comfortable... then I realized I just told her unintentionally that I wear panties. oh well, cats out of the bag now. She told me that we charged too much for the packaged panties, so I told her that I had just found some way cheaper at a discount store, but they were irregular and didn't fit right. I told her she could have the other unopened pack if she wanted them, since she's about the same size. So I ended up giving her the second package that I bought. Kinda funny, but I'm glad I have someone I can trust and talk to.

Banned Read only
    Allison that's a great "slip-up" that you told her you also wear panties. Now let's see if she's the good friend that you can confide in and keeps it just between the two of you. If she doesn't then what you wear is nobody else's business. I hope she proves to be the good friend you feel she is. If so this could lead to more intimate discussions, in clothing that is, like in girls.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wasn't sure where it was going with that thread title LOL

Yeah but don't they make bikini underwear for men? That's what you meant right? lol
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

one good deed ...
    luv J

Oh yes Deebra, I trust her. We've confided a lot of confidential stuff concerning work with each other. Plus, each day that she works when I do, she assigns me to work in women's, plus I am the only male who knows how to do bra sizing thanks to her. She found a pair of $7.97 jeans in my size Thursday and set them aside knowing I was working that evening.

Silver Member
    When I was young and worked in an upscale department store several of the SAs were aware that I bought things for my "sister" that would fit me. They would alert me of special pricing. Where an outfit was worn to an event and returned by a model or customer. I built a great wardrobe quickly and cheaply. Eventually it became you ought to get this, it is cute and your size. I never came out, but I'm sure it wasn't a secret. I was a well liked manager. Besides I openly shopped at a couple women's stores that some of the SAs also shopped at.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Hey that's cool

If I worked at a VF Outlet it would be like the old Tenneesee Ernie Ford Song "Sixteen Tons" - "I owe my soul to the Company Store". Lucky you! You can't beat Lace Nouveau briefs

It's got serious management problems but overall pretty laid back. 25% employee discount, Lacey!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why is it I've never seen a male SA in our local VS stores, Allison?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, Doc, I can't speak for VS.. I am at VF Outlet, lol. But there is a deliberate push, it seems, to not hire many male associates. I applied not long ago at the Hanes Outlet and was told they were not hiring males because they needed associates to do bra fittings. Rather than point out the obvious and illegal discrimination, I just shrugged it off.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Why is it I've never seen a male SA in our local VS stores, Allison?

I have never felt uncomfortable shopping in a VF Outlet and I live close to two of them...Branson and Lebanon. My only comment is that Vanity Fair coloratura gowns and pajamas are getting harder to find. Sears has them but not at outlet prices.

Hanes... helicopter sales ladies. Do you know her size? I know what size I am looking for thank you.

I had to read this post as I wa thinking of an entirely separate thing, got to get mind out of gutter.
    I think it would be cool to be in your job and have a boss that you can visit with about dressing. Your a very fortunate lady to have someone you can trust like this.

I saw a male SA at a local VS many years ago. I asked how he got the job, he said he applied, they hired him.

Ozark- we greet customers, ask if they need help, if no, 95% of us will leave them alone unless they ask for help, or there's some suspicious activity going on. I like to be left alone when I shop, so I treat customers with that same assumption!

It is always nice to have someone you can talk to about the subject that you love so passionately.