Thread: art gallery exhibit of crossdresser getting a lot of good notice

art gallery exhibit of crossdresser getting a lot of good notice

There is an exhibit of photos by the Artist named Lissa Rivera and her crossdressing boyfriend .The show getting a lot of good press from many well known magazies and newspapers including Forbes , art forum , Teen Vogue , and NewYork Times .
    the Show is in nyc at a gallery until july 15 .

She is a photographer who's boyfriend came out to her with his wish to crossdress full time . They created beautifully staged photos that are so very intimate and sensitive to this lifestyle . This evolved into an exhibit.

The exhibit is of of their collaborative works getting a lot of good press from several mainstream magazines and papers .

I found this show kind of by accident this past few days . I went to see it at the gallery fully dressed and made a nice day around seeing the show .

I won't post her photos here , but they are easy to find looking on line .

The things that struck me most is that the pictures are so theatrical in their settings and lighting etc. the topic of the pictures visualizes so much of what we talk about here . The feelings of dressing , The focus on certain items , the bliss of being feminine , and the desire to find our companions who will accept our crossdressing . Added to that , there is so much praise and interest in the articles about the show. crossdressing for so long has been a taboo thing, but here it looks like thats changing.

Please take the time to find these photos and have look . I am curious to hear what peoples reactions are about this . I think its one more step ahead in crossdressing becoming more and more acceptable .
    Last edited by barbara gordon; 07-02-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Wow, very interesting! I dug a little out of curiosity and didn't find what I expected, but it was still great!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Thanks for sharing Barb,
    I'm an Art lover and love to see the limits pushed.

What comes into my head is Andy Worhol, Lou Reed & Candy Darling,
    MMMM, Candy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Hello Barbara,

She does look pretty, but I wish she would shave those armpits! ;-)

Seriously, it brings a smile to my face every time I see us normalized and in such a beautiful way. Thanks for sharing

Sarah

Banned Read only
    Barbara,
    I must check on the exhibition thanks for the information.

Sometime ago I posted a painting where I needed a female sitting on a bench , I couldn't find anything suitable so I posed for it myself , the painting is for sale simply because my wife doesn't know it's me in the picture, some members of my art group know as do most of my social group.

It's a local station sadly now demolished , it's a 3' x 2' framed canvas, I've just completed another of my town station set in the 1960s which brought back many memories for me , it will be going in an exhibition shortly hopefully it will sell .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-02-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks for posting Barbara. The photos are really done well. The photos are quite serious and raw. It is great he and she are bringing exposure to crossdressing. Would love to go see it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They say art is in the eyes of the beholder. I found many of her pics unflattering at best. And, uncomfortable at worst.

But, as most of u well know by the pics of Sherry I post, I'm certainly no art expert!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ha ! yes SarahO.. the armpit hair ! Thats one detail that makes this more real. The Shaving question - "to shave or not to shave?" its one of the restrictions that we can put on ourselves.
    It irked me a little too. I wonder if she is holding back on shaving out of concern for what things other people judge. ?

Sort of related ..Just this weekend I reached out to a friend that I know in real life from going out around nyc- a girl like me . i hadn't seen much of her since its gotten warmer . She answered that " since i can't shave my legs its just to hot to wear opaque stockings this summer , see you when it cools down . "

Thanks for posting the Beautiful Painting Teresa!

I looked it up and he said that he is androgynous. I thought the pictures were a bit strange but they may have many more in the art show.
    Part Time Girl

I agree with Sarah. Great photo staging and she has the gifts for it.
    But for crying out loud..... try smiling in your CD photos.

Great stuff. Loved reading the article about it.
    Thanks for sharing it, Barb.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I will have to check it out,but I can relate to the "shave or not shave?"

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Amazing pictures, I would say like,the Danish girl meets Marilyn Manson kinda of type? I like them awsome pics. Wonder if this exhibit will come my way?

Good photo technique but I see no joy in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara gordon View Post
    Ha ! yes SarahO.. the armpit hair ! Thats one detail that makes this more real. The Shaving question - "to shave or not to shave?" its one of the restrictions that we can put on ourselves.
    It irked me a little too. I wonder if she is holding back on shaving out of concern for what things other people judge. ?

Sort of related ..Just this weekend I reached out to a friend that I know in real life from going out around nyc- a girl like me . i hadn't seen much of her since its gotten warmer . She answered that " since i can't shave my legs its just to hot to wear opaque stockings this summer , see you when it cools down . "

Thanks for posting the Beautiful Painting Teresa!
    I wonder too, although she appears to have shaved her legs.

It's winter where I am, so it's perfect for wearing stockings and covering up leg hair. Unfortunately, I'm in a mostly DADT situation with my wife, although I hope this will start to change soon.
    Sarah xx

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring, so I go back to being me.

I am curious to hear what peoples reactions are about this.
    I love the exhibits photos/renderings .....beautiful and sexual. Thank you Barbra
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.