Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Men more into Frilly Dresses & Lingerie Than Women are ?

Banned Read only
    If you find me hanging around the house doing absolutely nothing or reading the newspaper the odds are you'll find me in either a black or white cotton Vee neck tee shirt, shorts and white cotton briefs, no socks (summer or winter), unshaven. If I was such a clothes hawk and wanted to look enticing, sexy or whatever, why am I not dressed in slacks, collar shirt with tie, shined shoes, shaved? It's comfort. Women and men wear what is comfortable. Now if the procreation instinct is kicking in I expect most men and women try to be the most alluring they can be. Self image should kick in. Perhaps reflecting societal norms of the day. In my youth girls and young women on the prowl wore dresses or skirts & blouses. If I am going to emulate a woman I am going to go with what would have attracted me in my younger years......dresses.

I had limited experience with bedding women. However, it seemed in my hay day women were sold on sexy lingerie. I think they were pushed into that mode by society. Ever look at the state of the women painted onto the noses of World War 2 aircraft? Almost all are sexy alluring female figures. Sex sells clothing.

Me? I gravitate to the June Cleaver look. I only wear dresses with all the proper undergarments, heels and hosiery. I do all the domestic chores en femme because that is what women wore in my family and on television programs. At my age I do not feel the clothes make me sexy. I like to dress in attractive clothing.

When i was younger i preferred the frilly things, without thinking about it my taste has changed to a more conservative style.
    I guess you could say "age appropriate." Through the years for me, there is less focus on the sexual aspects of my dressing and more on the psychological and emotional side of dressing. As individuals exploring the same landscape, each of us will go through many changes on our journey.
    It has been what i see as a natural evolution.

One of the most liberating discoveries I've made is that I don't dress to emulate women so I don't have to care about what women do or don't do. It's none of my business. I can wear the frilliest dresses and lingerie I want and everyone else can be damned as far as I'm concerned.

Silver Member
    Robiegirl's post, "Were Frilly Dresses and Lingerie created by Men because its what we like to see our women wearing or is it what women really like wearing ?"

IMO, males are very visual creatures. Females and fashion designers know this. Hence, the creation of sexy, colorful lingerie, clothing, jewelry, fish net hosiery, shoes (think stilettos) etc.. Thus, the female body can be beautifully or sexily adorned to please a male, especially if she is looking for a partner, SO or husband. Men enjoy such female presentations which can or may change as they age or plump up, or become more comfortable in their bodies.

Males who CD, IMO, generally want to capture some of that visual appeal when they dress prettily to present as women. Or, if they have reached a comfort zone, less so. I believe that's just a fact of a CDer's life.

Its all quite confusing as to who does what and why, as males and females are wired quite differently.

Confusing, huh!

Silver Member
    Me, I love lace lingerie, have loved it ever since I started dressing many years ago, not necessarily frilly but nice lace is my thing

Yet, I would take a plain dress over a frilly dress every day of the week, we are all different

My partner has some lovely lace bra's and she looks fantastic wearing them, but she has her old favourite comfortable bra that she slips into whenever she can and yet she likes nice fancy colourful dresses

My hypothesis is that there is a small fraction of the population -- maybe on the order of 1% -- who are attracted to sexy, stylish clothes and items like heels, frills and fancy nails and makeup. Now the kicker is that this group is about equally split between born-male and born-female people. So if you go to the mall and watch for the ones who appear to be overdressed (or especially nicely dressed, depending on how you look at it), it will turn out that about half are natal women and half are crossdressers. Interest in fashionable, traditionally "feminine" looks appears to inspire only a few, but crosses over easily between the genetic sexes. Anybody else think I may be on to something here?

- Diane

There is a lot of good analysis here, so I am just going to say what I see and what I think. When I dress en-feeme it is only for short time periods, so I tend to over compensate. I dress how my fantasies picture myself, then I look in the mirror and say this will never pass out in the world, I have never seen a women out and about like this. I tone it down for blending. I seldom see women dressing Frilly for going out, they almost always for comfort. I am beginning to see this in my cross dressing too, I have begun tone it down, but I may/will wear frilly under garments under the drab en-femme cloths. Thanks, Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    My advice to women? Where whatever you please. You still look great and I don't need to see feminine and frilly and sexy to appreciate femininity. .
    I said pretty much the same thing, but added one more thing: If you dress in loose and comfortable clothes, don't complain when I look at other women who go through the trouble to look really good. I think that most men get some type of endorphin release just from the sight of a pretty woman.
    I'll sit on the boardwalk all day long, watching the pretty girls walk by. I'm not thinking about sex or anything else; just looking. My eyes open a bit wider, my heart beats a little quicker. And the combined feelings of wanting her, and wanting to be her, are always there, together.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Im into the vintage stuff, open bottom girdles , long line bras, slips etc , I would not expect my wife to wear those anymore as clothes today are ore comfortable. That said, I do think it is nice then they dress up or wear something sexy...I tell her when she does so she knows. I do not expect it everyday but looking good should be fun.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I have always been into very feminine frilly clothes. I cannot see dressing unless it is in lingerie and frilly dresses. My fiancee use to only wear dresses which I loved, know to my disappointment, she wears pants most of the time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    It likely is true that men are more into frilly things and lingerie for the ladies. Carnal instincts? Just watch their jaws drop as they walk by Victoria's Secret at the mall.

Or, watch mine drop as I envision being able to wear items on display at VS
    Last edited by LydiaL; 07-06-2017 at 09:07 AM.

My wife and I just returned from having lunch at the golf course. We played golf first. She wore a skort light green with a plan light green blouse. Almost no make up. Her hair is curly and short.
    I wore a skort bright orange color a matching color blouse very feminine with light make up on , it is hot today. My hair is shoulder lenght with curls (natural) right now my hair is what my wife calls an up-do style. next to each other I have a frillier outfit. Normally I dress comfortably and based on weather and location but a little more frilly then she does.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

You can't really stereotype these days as everyone is an individual and different. Sometimes how we dress is a means to an end but other times it's just what we like to wear. How we present is how we feel inside at the time and sometimes depends on the situation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What has not been mentioned yet (or has it) but I think age comes into it. Aren't frilly dresses for the younger ones amongst us? or am I missing the point here?

Maybe I misunderstood the OP but I took it to ask if men liked frilly things on women more than women liked wearing them. I'm not sure why but over the years, I've seen women dress less and less like women and both genders are moving towards each other in clothing style. Look in the women's catalogs and you will see items like boyshorts, "his shirts" and the list goes on and on. Men's clothing, especially the materials used to make them are also moving towards the middle as well. You see more and more sateen dress shirts, etc.

Times are changing and that isn't always what we want to see... but it's a fact of life that we all must adapt to.

Lacy PJs

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Baby doll nighties are not comfy...
    Tracii G,

There are baby doll nighties and then there are baby doll nighties. No two styles are the same and to portray them all as "not comfy..." is a pretty hasty judgment.

Take the two below... yes, the one on the left is probably not really designed for sleeping but the one on the right is a style that is VERY comfortable and has provided me with some very restful nights.

BD1.jpg BD2.jpg

We don't want to give some people the wrong idea now, do we?

Lacy PJs

Lacy PJs
    My Babydoll style is somewhere in between those two ! LOL Thanks
    Last edited by Sandra; 07-16-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: No ned to quote the whole post for just one line reply

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Lacy PJs
    My Babydoll style is somewhere in between those two ! LOL Thanks
    Oh? Do tell!

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    One of the most liberating discoveries I've made is that I don't dress to emulate women so I don't have to care about what women do or don't do. It's none of my business. I can wear the frilliest dresses and lingerie I want and everyone else can be damned as far as I'm concerned.
    Very well said. I agree with you completely.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

To me the issue is we are comparing the specialized group of men who dress (5% of the population?) to the entire population of women, so if I were to compare those two groups then yes I would say on average that group of men are more into frilly dresses and lingerie than the average woman. If we expand that to the entire population of both groups, as in all men versus all women, then I would definitely say no. The average woman is more into frilly dresses and lingerie than the average man.

You are so right we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    Oh? Do tell!

Lacy PJs
    Something darling like this little number
    babydoll 2.jpg

PERFECT! If only they come in my size!

Lacy PJs
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-15-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: You don't need to quote all of the previous post

I love frilly stuff but not all the time I kind of have to be in the mood. My "girl" likes it more than me "I think" she comes home from work strips off the "man" stuff and puts on a girly top and skirt. We're in bed atm I'm in gym shorts and t-shirt she's in a satin gown...go figure...
    Just taking one day at a time, trying to be a better person
    today than I was yesterday.

I'm showing my age here but I remember as a youth going through the Sears catalog looking at all the women's fashions and esp. the lingerie thinking how nice that must feel. At that time a little lace was about it for Sears. What was risque then is everyday wear now. I'm not a frilly person but a good soft lace not only looks nice but feels nice too.

If your man likes it, you should wear it