Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Men more into Frilly Dresses & Lingerie Than Women are ?

Are Men more into Frilly Dresses & Lingerie Than Women are ?

Were Frilly Dresses and Lingerie created by Men because its what we like to see our women wearing or is it what women really like wearing ?

What is wrong with women that they don't wear cute dresses,Petticoats, and slips and fun frilly Babydolls way more often ?

OR

Is something wrong with Men who think these items would be fun and practical to wear ?

I always thought Girls were the silly ones But maybe its us Boys that are the silly ones ?

So confused ! Any Thoughts ?

Every human is different. For example if you look at women's astrology table of lingerie then they show the different styles that each woman likes.. I am Libra and I like lacier stuff, the same as any Libra would. My SO is Pisces and like fringes on clothes and boots. Me, I don't particularly like that but she looks good that way. I like Lacey bra's and other stuff. Every woman is different and that is why.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Baby doll nighties are not comfy that is why I don't wear them plus I would look rather silly in one.
    Petticoats really? Its 2017 petticoats are exactly in every womans wardrobe.
    Very unpractical as well.
    Projecting seems to be rampant here lately.

I'll be going to bed shortly, wrapped in my Pashmina and wearing my lavender panties, just checked there pink!

So where were we? oh yeh, men!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Gold Member
    I do like wearing fancy dresses once in a while, just makes me feel more Fem.
    Rader

Women are more likely to wear sexy clothing when they're ovulating. We've entered the jeggins age or super tight denim jeans. Funny, tight jeans on women go way back (50s,60s) and seem to be more in style than ever.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think men are more into the frilly dreses and especially the lingerie. My wife seems to make every attempt at dressing in comfortable jeans and tennis shoes with a T shirt more and more. She hates having to dab on makeup to run into town. She say we men are the lucky ones. We can jut wear the same color pair jeans daily, and don't have to do our hair or spend thirty mins just getting ready tO run to the groceries. I've also seen more women getting sloppier every time we do go shopping.

I like frilly and feminine attire. It enhances the sensuality of dressing (it's fun). There is nothing wrong with that.

Woman my age (60's) maybe not feel the urge to dress super frilly. Nothing wrong with that either.

I think some women find the expectation by males that females always present as super feminine to be sexist and tiresome. We as men need to be sensitive to that. After all, frilly attire does not define one's femininity. Femininity comes from the heart.

I think we are sometimes more consciously trying to assert our femininity and thus are naturally more likely to want to wear hyper-feminine styles. GG's are not usually as unconfident in being women, and thus may go more for comfort.

Another issue is age. Women perhaps rightly have the concept of dressing age-appropriately. They want to avoid criticism and in some cases unwanted attention from men by dressing less sexually.

In my own short time so far at crossdressing i have figured out that for me wearing high heels and sexy clothes is fitting for clubs, but wearing flats ( to keep me from standing out in height ), and more modest clothes seems like the practical way to go. But i like the idea of underdressing with sexy lace/satin so that i still feel girly plus i have the option to selectively reveal it if i'm lucky. lol

Aspiring Member
    For woman age seems to be a big factor. From teens to late 20s it seem most woman like to be more sexy, even if no one can see. By the time they married and in the 30s comfort rules or as for my wife she doesn't like they way she look in sexy lingerie. As for men, we like to look at women who present sexy. For CDs we like to be pretty as often as we can. I have never found frilly to mean uncomfortable.
    Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I like frilly and feminine attire. It enhances the sensuality of dressing (it's fun). There is nothing wrong with that.

Woman my age (60's) maybe not feel the urge to dress super frilly. Nothing wrong with that either.

I think some women find the expectation by males that females always present as super feminine to be sexist and tiresome. We as men need to be sensitive to that. After all, frilly attire does not define one's femininity. Femininity comes from the heart.
    You are a beautiful woman Fee, that's all that matters
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My wife will not leave the house wearing nothing less than corset, full fashioned stockings, pencil skirt and pearls. Then the darn alarm went off!

I'm more into practical/everyday than frilly. I do prefer skirts and dresses to pants. But in Texas a lot of women wear skirts and dresses every day.

That's the nicest, sweetest thing you could possibly say to me. Thanks, Stacy.

My wife ALWAYS wears boring white cotton bra and panties. As far as any lingerie she has a few items but rarely wears them. When it comes to bedtime she will wear sweat pants and a MAN'S t-shirt to bed during the winter time.... Summertime she has a couple cotton nightshirts that she wears.

I am the opposite of my wife. I like colors and silky lingerie both in bras/panties and nightgowns. Yes I do have a couple pair of white panties, but they are nylon and not cotton. When wearing nightgowns with a bra I like to have the colors match, it may not be a perfect match but they are close.

As far as why this is, I am not sure...... I just go with the flow

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Happilymarriedguy thats because its exciting to you to dress that way your wife could care less she is going to sleep and would rather be comfy.

I think women just take it for granted that they have all the right parts and guys are going to hit on them anyway. Crossdressers, being men, we know what turns us on and what we like. Many, if not most women don't really care what we like. I see so many women just dressed frumpy, wearing baggy sweat pants, clunky awkward shoes, etc. I always felt that if I wanted to see sexy, ankle strap shoes, lace top thigh highs and other sexy stuff, it would have to be a do-it-yourself project.

I believe it's mostly your mindset. As cders, you gals mostly have to struggle for time to dress up and be feminine. Where we GG's get to be female. It's who we are, and we do "have the right parts." So a lot of men don't need us to dress up for them to be attracted to us. However, for me, I'm uncomfortable in my body. I'm overweight, short and have had 4 children. So nothing looks good on me. I am very blessed though to have a husband (and girlfriend) who loves me no matter what I look like. (S)he is always very excited when it comes to being with me, whether I dress up or not. But (s)he loves it when I dress up. I have to struggle to feel comfortable wearing some things, but (s)he always makes sure to show extra attention and be more appreciative when I do dress up.
    If people feel good bout their body, they tend to dress up more. I've found that people who have confidence issues, tend to never even try. If they try and don't get a good reaction, it makes it harder to do. I've been able to do it more as time goes on because my husband (girlfriend), is always positive and appreciative. It helps when your partner is truly attracted to you no matter what you look like and don't have a set idea of what they want you to look like.
    Last edited by Nikki1983; 07-04-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Baby doll nighties are not comfy that is why I don't wear them
    Then you're buying the wrong ones. My ex also complained about that; said the lace felt itchy on her skin. Turned out she was just buying crappy merchandise. Just because something looks nice, doesn't mean it's going to feel nice, on.

Women will wear whatever suits them when they're in the moment. Sometimes they will wear very plain things, other times, fancy sexy ones. Even my ex, who abhored frilly sexy outfits, purchased a few for our honeymoon.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-04-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I miss the early 70's and before. The clothes were part who you were and displayed your pride. Oh my what a time that was!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I know that I have more sexy, silky lingerie than my wife does - So, I guess I'm into the lingerie more

I am definitely more into lingerie and fully dressing up than my wife. She likes it, once or twice a year for "special occasions" But prefers to be in "comfortable clothes" most of the time. If it were up to be me, I would dress up in full female mode everyday with full makeup and dress. It is so much fun and exciting. For most GG, they are comfortable being woman and would rather be not make the effort.

I wear lingerie with embellishment and I do like frilly things, but it is not practical to wear a dress or skirt climbing the windy moors of Scotland or wandering around North Dakota.....
    The Bears would have a fit in the Rockies.... So it's mostly jeans boots and blouses for me.
    Go south and Florida and Southern California work well for attractive outer clothing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh, my goodness. Women are just like men in that they want to be comfortable and a lot of the very feminine and/or sexy items are just not comfortable. But they also try to please men and sometimes present a sexy look. But it is not something a vast majority of women do most of the time. Most like to look nice, but that is secondary to comfort. Women are not driven by sexiness very much. As was said in the movie City Slickers, "Women need a reason to have sex; men only need a place." I think some of us here live in a somewhat fantasy view of women and what they do or don't do. As has been said before, go out and really watch women and really observe what they do and how they behave.

Back when I was in grade school to high school, girls were required to wear skirts and dresses. They did it because they were forced to do it unless it was 20 below zero. They hated it. The boys liked it. When girls gained the right to wear pants to school skirts and dresses practically vanished in one day and for the most part never came back. My advice to women? Where whatever you please. You still look great and I don't need to see feminine and frilly and sexy to appreciate femininity. And my own attitude about dressing? It is just like my wife's - be comfortable and look reasonably nice. I don't need to prove anything.

When I eventually do my stand up comedy routine the first line is 'How come I am the only one wearing a skirt?"

Sometimes I count women in skirts and it can be on one hand even in a very crowded setting. All the reasons have been covered here, and one of our standard jokes here is 'CD men are busy putting on what women are busy taking off! "

Would it be fair to say that men like frills and lingerie generally because they are symbols of feminine sexuality and we are trained to respond to them? And women are aware of that and their use of the symbols depends on whether they want sexuality to be on the table at the moment?

The very difficult point for me to wrap my mind around is that at some point it is basically costuming- but the emotional connections tied up with the costume are so strong that we CD ers are heavily invested in clothes, shape, makeup, etc- all externals, as a way to release an internal experience. That internal goal is somewhat murky - so we reach for the clothes as a fast way to just get there- but the constraints on our dressing slow the process of emotionally maturing way way down.

Many of us have experienced the transition from being highly aroused sexually to just 'feeling comfortable' in feminine attire. I have had to admit that for me the value of the feminine clothing is to match what is essentially my own feminine horniness. When that is not present, the clothing is just clothing, and the practical aspects are what matter- frills and satin become extraneous design elements and easily snagged fabric. Then I have to confront the complicated irony that if I was a woman, clothes would have a lot less energy and I would be focused elsewhere. I can feel now the bemused internal dialog for women observers of crossdressers- 'yep- I used to work hard like that...well- he'll learn'

Women vary as much as men, so some will like frills and silk for a variety of reasons, and some won't care that much but will wear it to get a rise out of men, and some undoubtedly feel quite attached to their clothing as a critical element of their feminine status and power as well. Although I don't make any effort to look like a woman anatomically, I can be feeling very feminine, and when I let it show, that elicits a full spectrum of responses from attraction to friendly warmth [often enough that I can look forward to it], through tolerance [by far most common], and all the way to fear and loathing [in my wife, but otherwise unusual].

I think frills and lace and bows and lingerie in its many forms get our attention because they are the highest energy symbols of the female status and all that means- and we have limited time to try to be there.
    We are all beautiful...!