Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are Men more into Frilly Dresses & Lingerie Than Women are ?

GG
    I love the pink one and had one similar that was a friends she let me try and loved it ...but i am a huge fan of pink and pettis! xxxx
    `There is no better way to find out if your taste in clothes is good than seeing somebody that dresses wearing the same outfit!!`

I've been reading everyone's input and trying to figure out when I stopped wearing sexy frilly things. Starting in my late teens through to late 20's I never left the house without looking my best, it was probably more because of insecurity than anything else. I learned young that getting that kind of attention can be a quick fix to boosting your self esteem.

while genetic females seem to accept you ladies all dolled up and shower you's with compliments, I promise you they are not so pleasant with their perceived competition.

Women can be catty and down right malicious. The attention started having the opposite affect and was making me feel even worse. It just wasn't worth the hassle of being labelled, friends don't trust their husbands around you, guys assume you're easy etc

Then throw in having kids LOL My ex (typical macho male) left the bulk of the child rearing to me even though we both worked... so comfort definitely became a priority. I learned to not wear anything I valued when my kids were little lol

This only pertains to my experiences

Aspiring Member
    I think it all boils down to the fact that each CD'er (and here I mean those who probably will not transition) has an idealised vision of the woman they want to be. This becomes fixed around the time of their most intense dressing. I'm not saying that I've never moved on from that, but I can't watch an episode of Dallas (US) or Howard's Way (UK) without wanting to severely overdress as if I were off to a wedding. But, thinking about it purely practically, no one can go about all day, every day in such clothes. Even I would tire of shoulder pads at some point.

I love that

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    What is wrong with women that they don't wear cute dresses,Petticoats, and slips and fun frilly Babydolls way more often ?
    Women used to wear these things when they were in style. They're just not in style anymore. Styles change.

Were Frilly Dresses and Lingerie created by Men because its what we like to see our women wearing or is it what women really like wearing ?
    No. Styles go in and out of favor based on the demands of the people who wear them. Women's roles have changed in the last 30-40 years. They work now. They have their own bank accounts. They make their own decisions. They no longer need men to survive or to live well economically.

And this is reflected in the clothes they choose to wear. Women in general want their clothes to reflect the fact that they are capable, intelligent, and self-sufficient.

This doesn't mean that a woman doesn't want to wear something frilly or flimsy if she wants to have fun in the bedroom or attract a guy. Women still know what attracts men. But every day as she goes about her business? She no longer needs to.

Is something wrong with Men who think these items would be fun and practical to wear ?
    Fun? Yes. Practical? No. lol. And there's nothing wrong with CDers wanting to wear feminine styles. That's what (many) CDers do.
    Reine