Thread: Disney Princess

Disney Princess

I finally did it! I ordered a Belle costume (shorter and racier than her long gown in the movie). I have the long gloves the wig and a pair of killer golden pumps. I absolutely cannot wait to try it on. I've wanted to be Belle for Halloween my entire life and this could be the year!

I know I know, it's only May. But when you've been waiting 27 years to get glammed up as a princess an extra 6 months is way too long to wait pictures to follow once I get a chance to try it on!

If you could be a Disney Princess for a day who would you be?

~Erica (Belle at heart)

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Cinderella

I like Disney and all but never had a desire to dress up as a cartoon princess.

Same here but I go as a Zombie girl leg bone fishnet stockings a really nice dress and decals and paint on the face with. Arm bones and it looks pretty good.
    Part Time Girl

I'm like Micki I've never really cared to be a Disney character I don't know who produced Daniel Boone but I wanted to be Roy Rogers or Daniel Boone.. There has been a few other movie girls I loved back in my time though such as Rachel Welch, Marilyn Monroe, or I even had a crush on one of the Golden Girls, ( the one that was always after the guys). Guess it wasn't too big a love story since I can't remember her name. Lol. Maybe it was Blanch..????wasnt Sophia, Marge dang I can't remember....
    Last edited by Jaylyn; 05-08-2017 at 03:44 PM.

I love dressing up as a Disney princess! I have cosplays put together of Belle and Cinderella and plan on doing Ariel at some point! I got to finally live my dream of dressing up as Belle a few years ago and I've been slowly tweaking it to where I looked more the part. It all paid through last Halloween when I went to a local friends party dressed up as Belle. I got lots of good reactions (and even a kiss) as I was there! Can't wait to see what you got!

Did it possibly come from reading (or watching Lucy Caldwell read her short story online) this:
    Through the Wardrobe, by Lucy Caldwell http://www.barcelonareview.com/88/e_lc.html
    "It starts with the Belle dress,......."
    I was going to post the whole short story, but don't know how the brass would think about copyright problems. So, the link is there. I have a copy to post if it's allowed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have dressed in all sorts of ways and I would certainly love to dress like cinderella or snow white! I think I first fell in love with a ball gown as a child watching the good witch in Wizard of Oz. I have always wanted to wear a full ball gown. The are so feminine!

Aspiring Member
    For me no princessing. My target outfit is anything worn by Audrey Hepburn.

No not me, I'm no Princess either!

I could do a Snow White or be an Alice if at a Party though!

If I was in the right company I would really try to pull off this Marie Antoinette!

womens-deluxe-marie-antoinette-costume.jpg

Did I just say that!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

No Disney princess for me either. I'm thinking Wonder Woman or Xena, Warrior Princess.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    All of them?

I've been these at Disneyland. Cindy twice. Generic princess/queen once:
    47761.jpg99033.jpg1384014_489640351135167_32324113_n.jpgP1000386 (609x640).jpgP1050497 (5) (640x587).jpg

At other Halloween events I've been Snow White and the Little Mermaid
    Still so many left to do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You have good tastes. I haven't had the pleasure of dressing up as a Disney Princess but I would choose Belle as well. Definitely my favorite.

since several of the Disney movies have been remade using live actors & actresses, one could be a princess w/o being a cartoon character. As for me, just once, I'd like to try something like the bown Cinderella wore in the recent Disney movie of the same name. Practical? No, but it sure would seem to be fun.

Lacy PJs

I like the Disney princesses, and if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Rapunzel. However if we're talking about princesses, then my favorite one by far would have to be Princess Peach Toadstool. I've dressed up as her many times before, also fantasized about being her. Princess Peach is my #1 princess.

Nice question! Although I think Maleficent is more me than the average Disney princess... maybe a dark Alice or Bellatrix Lestrange... yeah, I'm goth through and through!
    That said, one princess-y character I've always dreamed of dressing like was Sarah in the ballroom dream scene of Labyrinth.

Given my twisted sense of humour, I'm with Evie on Maleficent as a Disney "princess" contender for this thread. Her, along with Cruella de Ville...

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Never really had a desire to be a Disney Princess for a day.
    Though I love the look of "Alice in Wonderland", just with high heels; I would do that!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I’d love to do all the Disney princess costumes each for a day.

As cosplay themes, the Disney princess stories are not very interesting to me. However the recent cinderella’s gown with the sparkling blue lights brought me up short. The dress is way to big for my closet (both meanings), but I did buy a costume version for my then 3 yr old granddaughter, and I loved watching her dance in it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I actually have a Dorothy W.O.O. outfit I found at a charity shop, I wore it soon as I got the chance, looked in the mirror and thought; great, I love it, but now what? It has barely been worn since. If I was younger I certainly would try some outfits on, just to see what they're like. I went to an all boys school, and we did Shakespeare plays a lot. I made a pretty good Desdemona in Othello!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I went to an all boys school, and we did Shakespeare plays a lot. I made a pretty good Desdemona in Othello!!
    Now that triggered a memory! In my first year as a cub scout (50+ years ago), we put on a little play for our families/parents. I got to be the "damsel in distress"s that some other kid rescued.
    I had a dress on, a string-mop head for a wig, and a large paper heart pinned to my chest that I got to give to "my hero"
    I don't remember much else about the play - go figure

I did a Sinderella once, long white debutante dress, borrowed and a tiara.

Easiest and best costume I ever attempted.

Yep! the boys thought I looked great. :-)

The rumor went out that I was a lesbian when I was caught snogging with a girl out in the gardens.

Nobody guessed my real identity.

I was sixteen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.