Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink fog gone

Pink fog gone

As most of you know I like to release my thoughts on here, no questions on this thread.

On friday I had 2 solid hours to dress, for me this is a lot. I dressed but didn't really enjoy it. Since then I have not had the urge to dress, I almost feel cured! By cured I mean I'm not obsessively thinking about dressing all the time.

Been on a business trip today, few hours to kill waiting for train so went shopping, still no pink fog. I was still able to look through clothes but nothing took my fancy so I didn't even try anything on. If this is the new normal I like it, no pressure, no obession just means I can shop/dress if I happen to have time.

Maybe now I have dedicated time to dress with wife's acceptance I am accepting myself more. Feels like progress.

I've had times similar to that, but also it seems that I can cool off then it will hit me hard again when a certain trigger is pushed. The trigger can just be a beautiful set of lips on a lipstick commercial, amount other triggers that are not as strong as others. Sometimes they build in a sequence and a lot of small triggers and bam I'm dressing again.

If previously dressing was verboten in your relationship, and your wife has recently come to accept/tolerate, then it's possible that what you're missing is the thrill/adrenaline of getting away with it. I know I used to get a little thrill of a rush from "breaking the rules" so to speak, but that has quickly been replaced by the joy of comfort and acceptance.

I agree with Micki but it will come back to you and you might just be a croossdresser but pretty male.
    Part Time Girl

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If the pink fog could speak, it might quote a certain Mr Scharzenegger from the Terminator - "I'll be back"!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Part of you accepting who you are releases a lot of guilt for some.
    I am glad you have reached a point where common sense rules the day.

Banned Read only
    Jon,
    I shop if I'm not in the mood ( which isn't very often !) and I shop if I'm in the mood, either way there's always something to look forward to when I do go out socially and I'm always in the mood for that !

My need to dress ebbs and flows, but it always comes back, just like the tide.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've read quite a few of the threads on this forum and had seen "pink fog" mentioned quite a bit, but even before my wife found out about my other self I didn't suffer from that I'm really glad about it as well, that being said both my wife and myself spent the best part of four days shopping online for various clothes for me and showing her I wasn't that mad when I was outed, so does that count?.

The fog comes and goes, it doesn't seem to have a predictable pattern, but when it comes it hits pretty hard. When the fog is gone, it is gone. Wish I could bottle it so I can make it match my schedule. Thanks for the thoughts. Brenda

It's interesting but I've realized recently that you can't force a pink fog. However, when it hits you, you can't avoid it.

Banned Read only
    I think you are totally normal. As you stated you really do not know why you wear women's clothing at times. That concept is totally different than what wearing women's clothing does for you. If one wear women's clothing because it is a stress reliever then perhaps stress is not occurring or there are other ways happening to reduce stress. Another component may be the amount of time you have to be en femme. You said two hours is a lot of time to be en femme. Once upon a time I'd be grabbing at that crumb of time. Yes, two hours would have been heavenly. Now? If I have less than my wife's full work day of seven hours I do not feel the urge. I suspect when the need to be en femme returns you'll be donning a pretty dress and heels.

I haven't dressed or gone shopping for a dress in about four months.
    Now that the summer's here I've been seeing some beautiful dresses on women.
    I try to tell myself "Dresses are for women, Dresses are for women".
    I'm pretty sure I'll dress again when the time is right.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and comments I really appreciate it and I enjoy reading them.

Love the terminated comment and I am sure it's going to be true.

Sounds like you are accepting yourself! You should dress when you want to! Pink fog will come back! It is just a matter of time! No pressure is the way it should be! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

There are times it is strong and times when I can go awhile without dressing, but it is always there for me.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Aspiring Member
    It comes and goes. Less intense in summer for me it seems. Wigs are uncomfortable in summer. I do more sports, so blow off more steam. Hot weather makes me lethargic.

I think the whole concept of a pink fog is that its not permanent. Like real fog at times it can be all encompassing and at other times it lifts and clears. At times I have had a long opportunity for Becky time and don't feel like it, other times I am desperate and need to but can't get the opportunity.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Pink fog is rare in my area. However, there are pop up pink thunderstorms!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I can personally vouch for the return of the fog. Mine has certainly returned with pea soup density. 😄

A pink fog come and goes but what do you call it when you feel it deep within yourself, feel it to be part of your life there to be enjoyed all the time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find that ever since I gave myself permission to dress whenever urge hits? After awhile, the urge hits a lot less often.
    And, NO PINK FOG!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    While ever present I find the urge to go all pink fog waxes and wanes. I will find m self pushing the envelope more and wanting to go out more for a while and sometimes simply wearing women's jeans and under dressing as I have been doing is enough. I am currently in a waning phase after our trip to the coast last month where my profile pic was taken, but it never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Pink fog is rare in my area. However, there are pop up pink thunderstorms!
    Down here in the south, seems like when I pass the makeup aisle in a grocery or drug store I get hit with a pink tornado.
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

I find that true also I can dress consistently for 2 or 3 day and on day 4 I will just be tried of it At that point I feel I am getting pretty good at passing or at least not being noticed and no one seems to care and I am feeling comfortable but dressing and all that goes with it becomes a hassle and not worth the effort
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee