Thread: Cosplay at baseball game

Cosplay at baseball game

Last night our local minor league ball team, the Eugene Emeralds (a farm team or the Chicago Cubs) had a 'Harry Potter Night' theme for their baseball game. So my daughter and I went in full cosplay, as Hogwarts students! Here I am in my version of Hermione Granger, in my Gryffindor girls uniform. I even have a replica of Hermione's wand, which lights at the tip when I wave it. The only thing I don't have for the complete outfit is the robe that is worn over this uniform for some classes. I'll get that later this year, when the sales on Halloween costumes start up again.

On the way to the game we stopped at a Taco Bell for a light dinner, and no one even blinked at our outfits. I got several complements on my outfit that night, and we had a good time, even though the Emeralds lost. At the end of the game, I even got my picture taken with the team's mascot, Sluggo Emeralds!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    How cute Ceera, you seem to always have such fun

You look great! I was at the local minor league game about a month ago, where they had a "Princess Knight" promotion going on. They had a couple princess cosplayers of Belle, Cinderella, and Ariel... but I didn't get a chance to get photos with them. I joked about cosplaying at the game too, but also mentioned I would probably need another seat or two for my dress!

Looks like you had fun!! Good job on the costume! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Looks like you had a great time.
    BTW, your hair seems to be longer....which suits very well. Hope you keep on growing them longer!

Sometimes the minor league games are more fun than the major leagues. You look good and you look very happy doing what you enjoy.

Well done Ceera

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    You look great. Go team

Love&hugs
    J.
    Life is about growth, never stop being curious.

That's a great costume Ceera. You look like you had a super evening. :-)
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

A funny follow up. The very next day, I went to the same ball park for another game, but in male mode and normal street clothes. Very short hair, and obviously male now, with no visible boobs, and a male voice. Clearly I was not female, though my fingernails were still done in the same purple polish. I went to the same stadium bar that I had bought several margaritas at the night before as Hermione, and ordered a drink. The lady who served me, who I had bought my drinks from the night before, looked at me for a moment, and then she said, "Weren't you here last night dressed as Harry Potter? Your costume was really great!" I just replied, "Yeah. Thanks." and paid for my drink and left.

No comments on the fact that I was female that night. Instead of her remembering me being female and Hermione, her mind saw me now as male and clicked that I must have been male the night before, and therefore dressed as Harry. Admittedly, she saw me primarily from the waist up each time, except as I approached and left, so she wouldn't have a clear memory that I had been wearing a skirt, and not pants, the night before. And the two costumes are identical other than that. But somehow my long hair, boobs and female voice and face makeup completely slipped from her memory.

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Went to an Em's game last week. It is SUCH a lovely experience! Bull Durham meets Field Of Dreams, with better parking. You look adorable. Would love to go together sometime, a rare outing for me.

Cheers!
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...