Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza encounter.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Pizza encounter.

Wasn't sure where to post this here or in non binary.
    I stopped by the new MOD Pizza place close to home after paying some bills.
    I had rolled my hair last night and slept on it so hair was all wavy when I got up today and it looked pretty darn good to me.
    Put on a ladies T shirt with tapered sleeves and a pair of semi tight skinny jeans with the cuffs rolled up about mid calf.Black sneakers with hot pink stitching.
    Walked in and waited in line, a few looks from a lady and her husband. Two girls in their 20's came in behind me and they were on their cell phones.
    I walk up to place my order and the guy asks what can I get for you ma'am uh oops sir ma'am ?????
    The girl working with him said here I'll take her order and you can make the pizza OK?
    He says yeah ok .
    She took my order and whispered we do get some trans women in here but he has never waited on any so I could see he was having a hard time so I came to help. I told her thanks it was getting weird LOLOL
    She asked for my first name so I said Tracii and she said OK Tracii we will call when your pizza is done.
    The girls behind me were placing their order as I was getting drink at the fountain. They would look over and then away if I looked back.
    The two girls sat a good ways away so I ate my pizza in peace and they were not a problem.
    The girl that took my order was out busing tables as I finished up and she asked me how my pizza was and was glad I came to dine with them.
    I apologized and told her I hope I didn't upset that male worker.
    She said Oh no need worry he'll be fine.
    We talked for a minute about the store and then I left.
    So moral of the story is there are good people out there and don't be afraid to be yourself.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-06-2017 at 08:26 PM.

I'm glad to hear that there are people out there that are so nice. Reading this, I kind of felt sorry for the guy behind the counter. it seems like he was trying to find the right way to address you. He must have felt embarrassed.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Indeed Tracii, there are good people out there.. I remember when I could not put on makeup nice and the did call me mam in a restaurants and did not miss a beat. So I thought maybe they have seen them before. But anyways they treated me like a lady. So nice.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Tracii, such a great story and yes your so right I've come to believe there are way more accepting good people out there then not. And then just about everyone else just don't care
    Thanks for sharing

Banned Spammer
    LeighR I encounter more good people than bad by a huge margin.
    I'm sure the young man was confused a bit but I honestly can blame him.
    The girls behind me probably had no idea I was male looking at me from the back so I wasn't even any concern to them.
    Now when I spoke to give my order then the gig was up so to speak.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-06-2017 at 09:42 PM.

I would think that a lot including me are too scared to chance the going out but I would bet a many of you that are out are finding more acceptance now.
    Good story Tracii but I bet with giant grin you'd be accepted anywhere.

What a great story Tracii. The girl at the Mod Pizza was lovely! I am just in the beginning stages of going out and have found a great deal of acceptance which makes me want to go out even more! Lots of people out there are willing to accept us for who we are.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I love New York pizza.
    Great story hope it inspires other sisters on the forum to proceed and venture out into world.

Glad to hear things went well for you.

Thanks for the great story Tracii. I'm thinking that with your help this time the new guy will probably fare better next time one of us stops in.

Silver Member
    Tracii,

Great story. I've been lucky so far that everyone I encountered dressed treated me well. I got a few looks while in the mall at MAC, out in the open, getting a make over. Kandi was with me, so it was fun. And I've even been to redneck heaven, Traders World. Again a few looks.

No, sadly the only grief I've received is from my wife!

Banned Spammer
    Thats the main reason I post things like this to let others know they can venture out and things will be fine 99% of the time.
    There are very accepting people out there that do want to interact with us so don't be scared to get out and experience life.

Good thing you were looking your best because he'll never forget his first.

That's part of why, like you, I think it's important that those of us who can, be out in the world letting folks see that we really do exist and we're not some fiction of the media. And seeing us, hopefully they get to see that we're just living our lives and harming no one. We have far more things in common with the rest of the world (the need to consume pizza, for example) than we have differences. And the differences we have don't really have any significance to them. When I'm at the grocery store, I'm looking for groceries just like everyone else. People need to see that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hey Traci,

What a cool story.

I have only had one slightly negative response from a snotty waitress when having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
    Even though she seemed unfriendly toward me, she still got handed a twenty dollar tip, just to bless her with something positive.
    At the end of the day, she is only a product of the culture. And, she may have some major issues that she is dealing with too.
    She may have just discovered that her husband is trans, how disgusting! Ha

This tiny incident is overshadowed by literally hundreds of positive experiences.
    It is important to keep in mind, when we are out, to always leave a positive image in our wake, even if it is only an engaging smile.
    Fear is easily detected and will make others uncomfortable. You are who you are. You can't help that. Be yourself but make sure it is your best self.

Oh, need I say that Cracker Barrel might be a tough venue? Just sayin'.

I have a pizzeria that knows me in both modes and sometimes in andro, when I arrive they just know me by sight and get my order. My usual diner has closed so no brunches until I find and break in a new one and my neighborhood family owned grocery store has closed and now I have to go to a larger chain store where I'm just another face in the crowd. I miss all the personal interactions. Opps didn't mean to steal your thread but just got me thinking about my boring everyday life with the "normal's". Reassuring knowing others are living their lives as themselves and being accepted. MMMMMM pizza!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    Great story and at least the guy behind the counter was trying to be respectful by the sound of it and I am sure his co-worker will enlighten him some more, I like encounters like this, gives us all encouragement

Banned Spammer
    Yes Pat thats the other thing we need to get out there and show people we are just trying to exist like everyone else.
    Jeri Ann I tend to be a good tipper and like you I tip even the ones that seem to have a problem with me being trans in hopes that they can stop and think you know that trans person was very nice to give me this tip in spite of how I treated them. Maybe next time they won't look down on a trans person.
    There are so many teachable moments in life but the main one is be a civil and kind person to everyone until its time not to be.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-07-2017 at 11:28 AM.

What a wonderful story! What a great SA! I feel sorry for the male SA! He was really trying! Some education and he will be fine! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    So moral of the story is there are good people out there and don't be afraid to be yourself.
    BINGO!!!!

Thanks for sharing, well told.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    Thanks for the nice responses.
    Just for the record there is no way in hell I pass up close so for those of you under the perception that I do please keep that in mind.
    Its all about attitude and just owning it no matter what the outcome.
    I understand there is not much difference in my guy mode and casual girl mode but that doesn't alter the fact I don't pass.LOL
    Anybody here can do what I did and I am not anything special in the CD world.

[QUOTE

Oh, need I say that Cracker Barrel might be a tough venue? Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Cracker Barrel is FUN as they never expect a TG person cares to eat there. Don't let the Bible thumping backround music keep any TG away !

Banned Spammer
    Yeah I'm not scared of Cracker Barrel I'll walk in and say" I am here and I'm queer" now take me to my seat please.

My girlfriend and I have been in Cracker Barrels up and down the East Coast and throughout the Midwest (can't resist the Sunrise Sampler) and have never had a problem. The waitstaff are all individuals who might or might not have bad days, but the establishment has always been welcoming and hospitable.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Spammer
    The wait staff at the Crackle Barrel I go to most often is a mix of Pentecostal, and Amish but they treat me perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-08-2017 at 09:46 AM.

I used to eat breakfast at an area Cracker Barrel , never a
    problem

Jean Ann